My System Today

The latest incarnation of my system in the afternoon westerly sun, recently added Lenehan Audio FoilFlex speaker cables and upgraded to the Sonore ultraRendu, both producing nice improvements.

I think I've almost reached the end of a long journey to get the sound I want, it's a nice feeling.

IMG_0150.PNG

IMG_0151.PNG

• Like 10

The latest incarnation of my system in the afternoon westerly sun, recently added Lenehan Audio FoilFlex speaker cables and upgraded to the Sonore ultraRendu, both producing nice improvements.
I think I've almost reached the end of a long journey to get the sound I want, it's a nice feeling.

IMG_0150.thumb.PNG.a7dac39f7d4a050ce794d40ad2674b81.PNG
IMG_0151.PNG.140a2ffa191112564bf21576476ab31d.PNG
Would be great to read what you think about the ultrarendu in another thread I'd you have the time and inclination.

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

Morning a few questions I have to ask now. Mark T

Are they ATC subs? How come you have the speakers sitting on them? Wouldn't stands be better? Given you have full range in the other room how close to that sound does this get or is it just totally different? A few pics back you had another pair of book shelfs on stands what are they?

And if any is listening, How do you do that thing when you are talking about a particular post and you sort of copy that post into your post?

Have a nice holiday day.

56 minutes ago, russell66 said:

Morning a few questions I have to ask now. Mark T

Are they ATC subs? How come you have the speakers sitting on them? Wouldn't stands be better? Given you have full range in the other room how close to that sound does this get or is it just totally different? A few pics back you had another pair of book shelfs on stands what are they?

And if any is listening, How do you do that thing when you are talking about a particular post and you sort of copy that post into your post?

Have a nice holiday day.

Hi ,

In answer to your questions....

1. Yes they are two ATC C4 Subwoofers. 

2. IME over the years subs work best away from room boundaries and corners.

The subs are heavy and inert , no vibration.

The C4 are the perfect height for the Active SCM20-2A to sit on , so killing two birds with one stone.

Felt pads are placed on top of the subs to prevent any scratches.

3. Active 20 plus two C4 subs sounds superb , they go deeper than my SCM100 and bass is just as tight and clean , so score one for two subs plus SCM20-2A.

The 3 way SCM100 have the famous S spec 75mm soft dome midrange.

The two way SCM20-2A have exactly the same ATC 75mm soft dome grafted on to their bass driver.

As great as they sound in the mids it is not as good as having the dedicated midrange soft dome in the SCM100.

So score one for the SCM100. 

Both speakers use the same SEAS Excel tweeters, so no difference there.

For me the magic midrange of the SCM100 trumps the deeper bass of the SCM20-2A plus two C4 subwoofer system...just.

4.  The small standmount speakers I posted a pic of a few weeks ago were my ATC SCM7 V3.

And lastly to copy someone else's post into your post you simply press the quote icon at the bottom of their post and reply to it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MarkT said:

Hi ,

In answer to your questions....

1. Yes they are two ATC C4 Subwoofers. 

2. IME over the years subs work best away from room boundaries and corners.

The subs are heavy and inert , no vibration.

The C4 are the perfect height for the Active SCM20-2A to sit on , so killing two birds with one stone.

Felt pads are placed on top of the subs to prevent any scratches.

3. Active 20 plus two C4 subs sounds superb , they go deeper than my SCM100 and bass is just as tight and clean , so score one for two subs plus SCM20-2A.

The 3 way SCM100 have the famous S spec 75mm soft dome midrange.

The two way SCM20-2A have exactly the same ATC 75mm soft dome grafted on to their bass driver.

As great as they sound in the mids it is not as good as having the dedicated midrange soft dome in the SCM100.

So score one for the SCM100. 

Both speakers use the same SEAS Excel tweeters, so no difference there.

For me the magic midrange of the SCM100 trumps the deeper bass of the SCM20-2A plus two C4 subwoofer system...just.

4.  The small standmount speakers I posted a pic of a few weeks ago were my ATC SCM7 V3.

And lastly to copy someone else's post into your post you simply press the quote icon at the bottom of their post and reply to it.

Perfect. Answered everything clearly. Cheers

On 9/27/2017 at 9:38 AM, DryftKult said:

Just a quick snap on my way out the door.

IMAG0239.thumb.jpg.21e7690825b722483d4669b65b7b8560.jpg

Replaced My Richter Unicorn with an Orpheus Centaurus to match my Nexus II's, and a big rug to mop up reflections.

Still a lot of work to do, I need stands and to put in some work to make everything neat and clean.

Nice.

Though you might find that using spikes under the main speakers and sub could clean up the lower frequencies. Some form of substrate (stone or wood) as platforms for the spikes to rest on. Just a thought.