15 minutes ago, Chanh said:

In searching for better bass management, I  invested into two new none audiophile grade bass traps. They did the job and I could heard some improvements on the bass hey!!! Where does it end with hifi and room treatment? 2CCBB183-95DC-4D98-9089-5CB16A80D7E3.thumb.jpeg.26b0812b509a13fa90b43f02df774ac2.jpegB1A0CDA9-5086-4B34-9B89-3CB12CBC090D.thumb.jpeg.c6fe2fbacd8c6df92f9a2a3620c67ff9.jpeg

Are the rear panels Primacoustic Flexifuser Diffuser?

1 minute ago, 2Brix said:

Oh @Chanhregarding the bass traps i thought you were referring to the 2 comfy looking armchairs...i'm a silly duffer?

Your thought was correct.?

I had the Flexifusers installed prior. These armchairs appear clean up the mid and lower bass notes further at those placements.

Flexifuser was $750 each plus deliver. Comfy armchair, $300 for both including delivery. This made comfy armchairs a bargain in audiophile World....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chanh said:

Your thought was correct.?

I had the Flexifusers installed prior. These armchairs appear clean up the mid and lower bass notes further at those placements.

Flexifuser was $750 each plus deliver. Comfy armchair, $300 for both including delivery. This made comfy armchairs a bargain in audiophile World....?

Plus these new bass traps are multipurpose : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Aperalim said:

Plus these new bass traps are multipurpose : )

Absolutely... Anticipating few bums landed on them next opportunity since we are allowed to have social gtg upto 10 people both indoor and outdoor. 

Edited by Chanh
  • Like 1

Hi Chanh,

Room is looking fantastic! Well done.:thumb::thumb:

I like all your tasteful embellishments the Eames chair, wall panels etc which are both pleasing to the eye and has sonic benefits.

Keen to hear your system again, soon I hope with the relaxing of Covid19 lockdown measures allowing ten people to gather (still wise to keep some distance though, so maybe a few visitors at a time).

Cheers,

Steve.

2 hours ago, Steve M said:

Hi Chanh,

Room is looking fantastic! Well done.:thumb::thumb:

I like all your tasteful embellishments the Eames chair, wall panels etc which are both pleasing to the eye and has sonic benefits.

Keen to hear your system again, soon I hope with the relaxing of Covid19 lockdown measures allowing ten people to gather (still wise to keep some distance though, so maybe a few visitors at a time).

Cheers,

Steve.

Good hearing from you again, Steve. Hope all is well....!
Having few known SNAers over to validate the room treatment. Overall feedback consistently concurred as and I quote “Day and Night better!” Another was saying “Chalk vs Cheese different!”. 
However, One should never take on this without first hand evaluation, himself!?

1A7ACC79-8240-4840-AA5F-BE4D2F8CF1F8.jpeg

Edited by Chanh

4 minutes ago, Satanica said:

@Chanh You appear to have your seat closer to the back wall than conventional wisdom says is optimal. Have you considered moving you chair forward a metre or two?

One participant has tried this. As the result, he found that this arrangement is best compromised. Remember I have three Flexifusers, a rack of 300 records collection, and two newly acquired multi-purposes bass traps. 

12 minutes ago, Chanh said:

One participant has tried this. As the result, he found that this arrangement is best compromised. Remember I have three Flexifusers, a rack of 300 records collection, and two newly acquired multi-purposes bass traps. 

I doubt Chanh takes this issue lightly and the chair is where it sounds best. Sometimes too, a small amount of reinforcement from the back wall behind helps to reinforce (firm up) the bass response.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chanh said:

Remember I have three Flexifusers, a rack of 300 records collection, and two newly acquired multi-purposes bass traps. 

The diffusion is a good way to improve the problem... .but it doesn't solve it (time from direct to reflected)

2 hours ago, Steve M said:

I doubt Chanh takes this issue lightly ....  and the chair is where it sounds best.

Heh... I doubt it is where it sounds best... although I agree with the other bit, so I'm sure he's happy with the result.

Edited by davewantsmoore
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

The diffusion is a good way to improve the problem... .but it doesn't solve it (time from direct to reflected)

Heh... I doubt it is where it sounds best... although I agree with the other bit, so I'm sure he's happy with the result.

Flexifusers are absorption with diffuser. ?

On 12/04/2020 at 12:53 PM, Chanh said:

Hi Guys.... 

Have been Inactive/offline for a while....

Would like to update you all on my current setup and room treatment over this COVID-19 lockdown period. 
I have also advancing my computer audio servers further.. 

Attach a  video link captured by iphone for your feedbacks. When life is back to normal.., let us get together for some tunes and red juice....! thanks for watching....

Feel free to give me your feedback. 

1BC32CA4-1CBD-4CA2-8FF2-B51AEC1A6017.thumb.jpeg.89211f838e91299690f0abca269663a1.jpeg484C077F-23F0-484C-9318-69A2AD9A4C11.thumb.jpeg.f5f2598c2cdbe5d13053d8f2eb0abf60.jpeg

Apologies for going off topic but what is the timber flooring. Looks great. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 2Brix said:

hi @Chanh i'm interested to know where you got your record storage unit from please? 

Though i'd be after a smaller (2x2 or 3x2) version.

Cheers, 2B

I bought it from Bunnings. ?

it was $89. 

Again..., not audiograde but serves extremely well for bass trap/records storage/grapes juice platform. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah cheers for that.  I was concerned the Bunnings ones might not have a good fit n finish, but it looks fine in your photo so i'll have a closer look next time i pop into B'

The departure of my Vitus preamps, means i am in the search for its replacement. Been looking around with various possible candidates from the followings;
1. Gryphon Pandora,

2. Vitus SL-103, 

3. Mark Levinson 52

4. Goldmund M 37s

5. Accuphase C-3850. 

Finally got the opportunity to listen to the C-3850 again today, and it blow me out of the water again... Actually, C-3850 blow all of the participants out of the water.  
Personally for me, a total recall to reason why I wanted to passing on my Vitus preamp in the very first place, few years ago. For the record, nothing was wrong with the Vitus, and those had the opportunity with their audition to the Vitus here found no justification for changes. Well..., that observation was about to change. That same individual has listened to Accuphase C-3850 in this setup today, has quickly came to  a conclusion...., WOW..., that sort of the expression! 

For me, I was going to bite the bullet with the Pandora that recently listed here..., or a Vitus SL-102 on Agon (from Singapore dealer), or the Mark Levinson.....! Fortunately, with this gtg, and all effort to @Tasso (Bringing over the C-3850 again) and @teagle (being the neutral judge), has helped me from cutting the chase.... Going to be interesting next couple months... For now, it is certainly uneasy for me to reverse back what I have heard with the Accuphase C-3850 in my setup!!! 
GAMEOVER!!!???

E4DD7C51-988A-4874-9D47-6331453C08B4.jpeg

3ABC43E4-6E63-49AB-B351-FE62A07A785D.jpeg

• Like 8

Incredible sounds/ music was heard when the c-3850 was introduced to Chanh's already magnificent system. I've read reviews where soundstages have extended to the outer limits of the room & beyond, & thought "so what!", but to experience it was a blast, but with @Tasso in charge of the volume control, you almost needed to duck for cover. 

It was somewhat reassuring to hear, that those who can afford it, get something worthwhile for their money.

Thanks Chahn for the experience, back home now to a different reality ?

• Like 3

@Chanh interesting comparison! I am looking for replacement of my C2150 while awaiting fund to be available.  Vitus and C3850 are also in my shortlist.. 

u have listened to vitus signature preamp?

Your comparison is very useful for my reference!

Edited by kimurastanley

On 10/05/2020 at 9:30 PM, kimurastanley said:

@Chanh interesting comparison! I am looking for replacement of my C2150 while awaiting fund to be available.  Vitus and C3850 are also in my shortlist.. 

u have listened to vitus signature preamp?

Your comparison is very useful for my reference!

I have listened to lots of preamps on my journey so far... However, Vitus SL-103 is not one of them. I know for fact there is a set of SL-103 and SM-103 combo for sale atm. The owner preferred not split the SL-103 only sell. I don’t need Vitus poweramps as my Gryphon monos so far been my very best compromised til date with my allowable budget. Need to draw a line somewhere..., else it will sink like quicksands. 

Hope it helps! 

Edited by Chanh
  • Like 1

Yesterday was the first time I heard @Chanh's massive Gryphon mono blocks and  my goodness, they are sensational. Explosive dynamics, a massive sound stage  with that class-A charm.  

Introducing the  Accuphase C-3850 into the system took it to a whole new level.  Gains in timing, dynamics, bass , resolution, soundstage , tonality and 3D imaging was off the charts, and the speakers completely disappeared into the soundstage.  The  C-3850 voicing sounds analog without  colouration which is quite an accomplishment for that level of resolution.  Of course this also is a testament to the Magico S5's that seem to have no limits on what they can do  and just continue to impress with each upgrade.

The other preamps that played in the system are first rate, high-end preamps and the Accuphase C-3850 is not cheap.  The thing is  they all sounded seriously good in the system and it was only by trying the C-3850 that a new level of performance was discovered.  But then, that's the part of the Hifi bug I guess, we keep pushing our own  boundaries.  Expensive but fun!

• Like 4
  • Love 1