13 minutes ago, mtf said:

Looking great Chanh!

Thanks Mark! The room has too much echo atm. If you don't mind, I wish to borrow your surplus batt to try out? 

1 minute ago, SETSergio said:

@Chanh

Looking good......Great job!!!

:thumb:

Cheers Sergio. When this finishes, my next job is a workshop between back fencing and thus room and to follow the sunken Celler just in case you're planning the visit! 

3 minutes ago, Chanh said:

Thanks Mark! The room has too much echo atm. If you don't mind, I wish to borrow your surplus batt to try out? 

No problem mate, you can try any of the panels:thumb:

• Like 1

Chanh,

Good to see it getting close to completion.  I can just imagine how bad the echo's are with all those hard walls etc.

Can't offer any insight on treatments, but should be able to help out with moving stuff, depending on timing.

Murray

• Like 1

You sure don't believe in half measures.

My garage/workshop was treated with panels from Channel 9 Tuart Hill studios.

It makes huge difference and allows me to work on audio gear and listen to my jazz into well after midnight without disturbing the neighbours.

But there are relatively cheap, self adhesive panels available in Bunnings in different colours.

You could try a few of them to see how it goes before you commit serious money.

IMG_6502.thumb.JPG.ff50de9e512cdf69fda04f1d26e80587.JPG

16 hours ago, Chanh said:

Hey guys... I has been somewhat 6-Month, and my new projects is at near completion. This new man cave is abit better than my low budget garden shed.., however, I am facing challenges with this new room in term of room-treatment, speakers and gears placement...., most of all, the transition all gears from to new room. Hopefully some kind local members may assist with their experience inputs and the lifting hands.... BBQ and nibbles  and certainly beverages will be on offer for this brainstorm gtg. 

Here are a few photos....

IMG_6493.JPG

IMG_6489.JPG

IMG_6576.JPG

IMG_6700.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

IMG_7331.JPG

IMG_7396.JPG

IMG_7566.JPG

IMG_7768.JPG

IMG_7817.JPG

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7984.JPG

IMG_8169.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

Congratulations, new lounge building lovely

• 2 months later...

Looking awesome @Chanh! Well done.

Question - are you still using the Airlink transformer? If so, did you install it close to the meter box instead? Reason I'm asking is that I've read your @tuyenand @Tasso's thread on this with a P10 and it sounded like a great combination which I'm considering for my new room build next year.

15 hours ago, caminperth said:

Question - are you still using the Airlink transformer? If so, did you install it close to the meter box instead? Reason I'm asking is that I've read your @tuyenand @Tasso's thread on this with a P10 and it sounded like a great combination which I'm considering for my new room build next year.

I no longer have Airlink, as I am now using a $15k Accuphase PS1230. I think the Airlink will suit your tastes well,if you are on a budget. The latest ones are actually better then those we tried back in the days. Talk to @Tasso, he can share more insight....

• Like 1

On 07/12/2017 at 8:10 AM, Chanh said:

Finally she is in. Attached some photos for your criticism! :hiccup:popcorn:

620A9028-DA21-4219-BA1B-B1279D1DE3FD.jpeg

E55A2910-D7AD-4A4C-9870-439C46DEF175.jpeg

9144CB40-3656-4DDF-ACF0-BF148852E79C.jpeg

Nice audio room, lots of flat and shiny surfaces not good for acoustics, perhaps a large rug floor covering, curtain drapes on opposite wall, throw more furniture in to breakup reflections plus acoustic panels etc. since you going to such effort would be worth paying for interior room acoustics expert to advise on correct use of treatments otherwise guessing.

Perhaps try and fill the room first and see if the advice is needed.

Edited by Al.M
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Al.M said:

Nice audio room, lots of flat and shiny surfaces not good for acoustics, perhaps a large rug floor covering, curtain drapes on opposite wall, throw more furniture in to breakup reflections plus acoustic panels etc. since you going to such effort would be worth paying for interior room acoustics expert to advise on correct use of treatments otherwise guessing.

Perhaps try and fill the room first and see if the advice is needed.

Yep , spot on.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 3:48 PM, caminperth said:

Airlink balanced isolation transformer makes audible  differences when hifi gear is connected to it.  Noise floor drops and and high end glare is reduced. For people who like  a grittier sound this might not be for them.  P10 does a bit better job overall in terms of resolution but is a little colder sounding.  Accuphase PS-530 and 1230 are in a different league again - better overall resolution, better tonality, lower  overall noise floor and  faster response time.  

Now here's the thing- you probably dont need  the capacity of a p10 or Ps-1230  since you should not attach high power power amps to them .  So for the source gear, Preamp etc, the overall  power requirement is very low and  for that purpose you could consider an Accuphase PS-530. Don't be put off by the scary RRP - twisting the distributors arm might give you a pleasant surprise.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tasso said:

Airlink balanced isolation transformer makes audible  differences when hifi gear is connected to it.  Noise floor drops and and high end glare is reduced. For people who like  a grittier sound this might not be for them.  P10 does a bit better job overall in terms of resolution but is a little colder sounding.  Accuphase PS-530 and 1230 are in a different league again - better overall resolution, better tonality, lower  overall noise floor and  faster response time.  

Now here's the thing- you probably dont need  the capacity of a p10 or Ps-1230  since you should not attach high power power amps to them .  So for the source gear, Preamp etc, the overall  power requirement is very low and  for that purpose you could consider an Accuphase PS-530. Don't be put off by the scary RRP - twisting the distributors arm might give you a pleasant surprise.   

Thanks @Tasso for the detailed reply.