It has been somewhat a journey for me, personally, in digital audio since I joined SNA..... From a CD-Transporter as the only source to modernise Computer Audio. It was all began with my laptop using Windows XP, usb into my WaveIO and subsequently into my DDDAC. From there I travelled from a normal working pc, to the little ARM-boards like the Raspberry PI, BeagleBone Black, Banana Pi with great SQ appreciation via I2S protocol........ This complete setup is still operable and very engaging til date. Pity, it only does PCM and does not do DSD, which is also a pity again when my ears can only appreciated the DSD materials better.....!

Through this journey, I have learned so much in tweaking a computer audio to sound more analogue. In doing so, I had successfully converted some hard-core local SACD player(s) and Turntable audiophiles into Computer Audio. :party Well, I think it is time for a reality check....., will these digital audio stacking up again our traditional SACD-player(s) or even close to a Turntable setup?

I will leave that question for you're to decide at this provision gtg, Sunday 30th April. Hopefully, with that given much notice will receive better participation?

There will be few servers' up for your ears to judge....., atom base server, i3-6100, and i7-7700K. If time permits, I have a TT setup to give you a reference between Digital vs Analogue......,  just for the fun... 

I will provide light beverage on the day...... :thumb:

Edited by Chanh
  • Like 3

I am a sceptic as far a computer audio is concerned so I will love to attend and be proven wrong as I have heard from people of great PC setups.

My main concern is the digital noise of the system and purity of power supply.

But as with everything - there are good an bad solutions in every area.

Cheers

Roman

P.S. North or South of the River?

8 hours ago, rockeater said:

I am a sceptic as far a computer audio is concerned so I will love to attend and be proven wrong as I have heard from people of great PC setups.

My main concern is the digital noise of the system and purity of power supply.

But as with everything - there are good an bad solutions in every area.

Cheers

Roman

P.S. North or South of the River?

Roman,

I am with you.... I spent a great deal of time and money with power purity...

What other CA setups have you heard? Anymore infor on Hardware/Software...., and the downstream audio gears?? I am trying to understand your view on this and here not saying it is wrong but what if we could improve the listening better?

As with TT and CA, surely controversial... Personally, I found I enjoying TT setup as it seems to me have much better realism stage, great bass kick. However, CA can also be good too.... They just sound different from one another.... Not necessarily one is superior to another. Note - not all record will sound the same. Furthermore, sourcing a good sounding record requires lengthy experience in TT and plenty of $$$$$$........

All in all, I enjoy both pending the mood..... Please join me at the GTG, allow me to demonstrate to you either medium is listenable...... Otherwise, you take home a bottle of Penfolds... that is my word.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Hi mate, I would love to pop along if there is room for me. Have not had a lot to do with computer audio side of things so should be interesting.

What can I bring along?

Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave,

I've heard of you but never got to meet.... Would be a great opportunity doing so, hey?

I can entertain vinyls and CA....., just bring whatever you think that gives you a reference point..., of where the sound may be...!

Btw - Guys... my shed is in Embleton, very near to Tonkin Hwy and Collier Rd intersection, but on Galleria's side. i.e North of the River.

5 hours ago, Chanh said:

All in all, I enjoy both pending the mood..... Please join me at the GTG, allow me to demonstrate to you either medium is listenable...... Otherwise, you take home a bottle of Penfolds... that is my word.

I was going to bring in a bottle of my favourite vino rather than leave with yours :)

Organising GTGs should be rewarded, not penalised!

• Like 1

Guest BobbyD

If space permits, Would love to pop in for a few hours to have a listen and meet some local peeps for the first time.

Can bring some vino along.......:hiccup also.

Thanks Chanh

Edited by BobbyD

41 minutes ago, SETSergio said:

If space permits, Would love to pop in for a few hours to have a listen and meet some local peeps for the first time.

Can bring some vino along.......:hiccup also.

Thanks Chanh

Absolutely! :thumb:

4 hours ago, Chanh said:

Great! I plan 10am to 3.30pm. Will keep you posted..

Thanks. Happy to bring my vanilla mac mini with iTunes to create a benchmark if wanted/needed. It would be very interesting to hear the difference between this and a high-end, purpose built server.

• Like 2

Hi Chanh & all,

Im a newbie in SNA. Coming from DIY background (lots of Dad's influence n his HAM background), I would love to catch up with you guys if still got a spot for me.

Cheers!

Edited by Will C
  • Like 1