David Live 2017 vinyl

Looking to buy the above BOWIE album , but l can`t find anything about it`s production etc,

Is it remastered, is it from analogue or digital sources?

Also can`t find any reviews of it with a google search.  @Stump

Where to buy it is another question

Edited by Grumpy

I bought this a few weeks ago and just happen to be in my first listen now, only up to side 3 & so far nice quiet pressing (all 3 LPs are flat & look perfect).  Obviously this was never a sonic masterpiece but this issue is very listenable imo (I expect better than my AU vinyl + has the additional tracks)  The additional tracks & running order are identical to the Visconti remastered 2CD from several years ago (I have it but can't find it right now as my CDs are in disarray :( ).  The liner notes of the LP say 'remastered by Ray Staff at AIR Mastering with Tony Visconti', I can't recall whether Staff gets a mention on the earlier CD but I think it's probably safe to assume this vinyl re-issue would be from a digital master, the LP back cover does also have "Originally 2005...........Remaster 2016............." 

Bought mine from CC music (a package of 7 albums/9LPs cost $21US shipping & arrived in 4 days via DHL)

Edit:   just finished all 6 sides & can't recall hearing a single pop, zero surface noise and sounded great for this album.  Factoring in the additional tracks I say it has to beat all previous vinyl issues

Edited by David.M
  • Like 1

the original was only a 2 LP set, this is 3 LPs & from memory of the notes in the CD set the additional tracks were put in their correct running order of the concert, might even be the whole concert but not sure on that (similar to the Visconti remaster of Stage)

Edit:  correction to the above as I've just found the CD,  the liner notes are by Visconti & state it is the entire concert (though taken from the concerts of 5 consecutive nights) in correct running order of the performances.   This CD is however mastered by 'Peter Mew at Abbey Road' so it the LP reissue is a new remaster by Ray Staff.  

Edited by David.M
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got to give this a spin yesterday and what a bummer. First track, 1984, starts with a loud pop - crack and continues with each revolution. A quick check of the record and l find a deep scratch(groove) that cuts across half of the grooves on the first track. SHITE !

JB HIFI are getting me a replacement from another store.

I think l will be opening it in the store this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the replacement and asked them to open it so l could check for problems . All good and l must give a big thumbs up for the great service at

JB HIFI West Lakes        Picked up  Nick Caves LOVELY CREATURES 3LP set while there too.