Sign in to follow this  
m_ani3

New projector

Hey all my projector has arrived and let me say holy mother of God this has just blown me away!! Just how detailed the contrast and the blacks! My only question is in the quest for colour accuracy how do I go about calibrating this beast? A total noob here with the calibrating side of things but am a very quick learner, any help will be much,appreciated

3 minutes ago, m_ani3 said:

Hey all my projector has arrived and let me say holy mother of God this has just blown me away!! Just how detailed the contrast and the blacks! My only question is in the quest for colour accuracy how do I go about calibrating this beast? A total noob here with the calibrating side of things but am a very quick learner, any help will be much,appreciated

hahaha there you go ! and who said you cant get contrast improvement in a lighter room ! great to see you have seen not only a step up in things but a heck of a step up :D am really not surprised.

some basic calibration is all likely need for now, its really not suggested to bother fully calibrating these things till 350 hours or so as things take a little while to settle. 

i myself just used the wow disney disc and just some basics. contrast, brightness using their patterns, and colour using their reference image by eye for a natural picture. if have the THX preset its very close bang on out of box. if you have a light meter, and if dont its well worth getting, its like the equivalent of a spl meter for audio. as quite likely you are running on full iris wide open rather than crank down to 12-16 FL which is more closer to ideal and will leave you plenty up the sleeve with the lamp and improve contrast even more further no end ! 

once done enough hours can always consider a pro calibration to get it dialled in perfectly :)