Sony stops PS3 production

well the ps4 has been out for donkeys !

and yep like a donkey i bought one ! what a waste of a thing. nothing much in the way of games that really caught interest. and plain stupid the new ps4 doesnt even allow uhd play back. not sure what drugs sony were on bringing that one out  ! 

Sony says the PS4 is for 4K playback hoping people will download 4K games and movies from the PStore , how much 4K content are you going to fit on the PS4's largest 1TB HD ?, very little, so you have to delete it to fit new stuff on.....pointless as well as annoying

Only since the last system update have you been able to use a USB HD connected to the PS4 to store games and movies on, I pointed this out several times at the PS forums when Sony was asking people at the forums what features they wanted to see on the PS4, at least 10 months before it was released, it's taken 18 months since it's release to do it.

They also want people to Stream games via it's Playstation NOW!  [all old games, and only available in the USA currently ] they were going to release it here in Aus/NZ and in the UK, but when they posted the proposed prices they were going to ask [Tell them they are dreaming] at the Aus/NZ/UK Playstation forum, they universally got condemned with everybody saying they wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, so they canned releasing PS NOW! everywhere except the USA.

Sony is also on thin Ice with it's proposed updating of the PS4's hardware in incremental fashion, like the PS4 Pro over the standard.......how are people going to feel if there is a third and fourth version of the PS4 brought out, and that their console can't be upgraded....pretty pissed off I would think.

The reason people play consoles is everybody is on the same page, hardware wise, so the playing field is level, remove that and people might as well PC game on STEAM, at least they can upgrade their PC's hardware instead of having to buy a whole new console every time a small hardware update happens.

I've bought a few games for the PS4, but I've only played one or two, it's getting like it was for the PS3, where the majority of my games ended up coming as freebees from my PS+ subscription.

I must have close to 60 games spread across the PS3/4 that I haven't even played for 15 minutes [GTA V and Fallout 4 are 2 of those]

6 hours ago, Tweaky said:

I must have close to 60 games spread across the PS3/4 that I haven't even played for 15 minutes [GTA V and Fallout 4 are 2 of those]

Yeah, me too.  I'm still on the PS3, I have about 60 games I bought and refuse to get a new console until I've played them.  Over the past 18 months I've worked through about 20 games, and a handful have been switched off after an hour or two because they're boring.  There's a couple that I've enjoyed, but it's a low percentage...

Ahhh, give me the Commodore 64, 1,000's of games that required skill and gameplay   :unsure:

Each hardware revision they did of the PS3 it got less and less features. The original fat one had a PS2 inside it so they could say it was backwards compatible. The last version looked and felt so cheap with very plastic feeling disc tray cover.

The newest update to the PS4 Pro video player supports 4k, I assume that means Netflix App now streams in 4k otherwise where are people getting 4K files from other than dodgy sources?

@:) al Uncharted 4 not interest you or Fallout 4 or Doom? Or are you a sports/driving type of gamer?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PauliD said:

Each hardware revision they did of the PS3 it got less and less features. The original fat one had a PS2 inside it so they could say it was backwards compatible. The last version looked and felt so cheap with very plastic feeling disc tray cover.

The newest update to the PS4 Pro video player supports 4k, I assume that means Netflix App now streams in 4k otherwise where are people getting 4K files from other than dodgy sources?

@:) al Uncharted 4 not interest you or Fallout 4 or Doom? Or are you a sports/driving type of gamer?

Hi pauli yep just not the games me or kids would play. There was driving game, one 1st person, nothing else... which is a pity. 

Ps played doom and what not in younger days, maybe past it ... perhaps that's problem !

• Like 1

Latest games I've played on the PS4 have been Uncharted 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, The Last Guardian .....I bought Fallout 4 but just haven't got into it, No Man's Sky I stopped playing when I arrived on my second planet and found I was going to have to repeat everything I did on the first....boring rubbish.

I've been playing the anti gravity racing game Wipeout 2048 via a hack on a Playstation TV, on either my TV or projector, and using a PS4 controller, it plays well for a VITA game.

It will be included in the Wipeout Omega Pack , which is 4K remaster of Wipeouts HD/Fury and 2048, release date is June 7th on Disc or download.

Also I've been on the test pilot program for Formula Fusion for the last 18 months, which is a new Anti Gravity racer being built by ex Studio Liverpool people, quite similar to Wipeout, but a LOT faster, and more pure racing than destroying other craft.

https://www.formulafusiongame.com/

It's getting close to completion, still in Alpha ATM, but expecting it to go to BETA testing after the next test build ....initial release will have 8 tracks, all of which will have day & night time versions, and all bar one track will be able to be raced in reverse, 5 speed classes, and all ships will be able to be upgraded.

Currently slated for release on Steam first, then PS4......they have made it so there are a lot of different online game modes, so there is a good chance this could be one of the first ESPORT Racing games

On 31/03/2017 at 11:03 PM, Tweaky said:

I read this at the AVS forum a few minutes ago.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/ps3-production-ending-soon-japan

It's comes from the Official Japanese Playstation website.

A tweet from a games store in Japan reported that it was informed by Sony that manufacturing would cease in March, just gone.

I'll sell you mine :thumb:. Been thinking of putting up for sale forawhile with around 10 driving games.

No, I'm good for consoles thanks, already have two PS3's, a old 60GB BC Fat, and a slim, PS4, PS2, PSTV, PSP2000, PSP GO! and a Xbox 360 that never got used.

Edited by Tweaky

We still have 2 PS3's, and they still get a lot of use. Minecraft and Skylanders series are the top 2 in my household. The PS4 pro now supports 4k content with the latest update. I had an Xbox one, and sold it after 3 months, the amount of updates for games was ridiculous, media playback was rubbish, the whole interface is rubbish in fact. I would be keen to get later gens of the PS4*, as hardware updates become more incremental now that they have generic PC hardware inside them. Currently my PC far surpasses them still for gaming, but with the way consoles are going I think i might ditch the PC gaming when I'm due for my next upgrade. I'd be keen to get the new Nintendo if they decide to spec it up a bit, lower the price, and ditch the hybrid tablet idea. The games for it currently do not even play at 1080p, but at least they tend to create fun games. All the ps4/xbox games are a bland generic mix of action/fps/racing/sports games that are all very similar, great games are very far and few between.

Zelda Breath of the Wild while it's not 1080p still plays and looks amazingly. The Onkyo 4K upscaling to a 60" 4K LED does a pretty good job to the cartoon graphics. 

But yeah let's see what more 'realistic' style graphics the little guy can push out. 

Btw those will children gamers tried the new Lego game? It's Legos take on mine craft. There is also Yooka Laylee an awesome looking 3D platformer in the vein of Banjo Kazooe. It's out soon