YAPSP.

G'day all, or 'Yes another phono stage purchase'!  A TEC TC-760LC  that I purchased after being 'underwhelmed' with my NAD PP2e.  So far I've only had a very quick listen with this new phono stage, but so far so good, but not without at least one 'issue'.  For example, the supplied switch mode 12 volt DC wallwart simply doesn't work....no DC output.  Apparently, faulty straight out of the box. 

Luckily I was able to press a 12 volt gel cell into service, which works fine.  The built quality seem good and the general physical layout seems 'right', including the use of real switches, not switches mated with logic circuitry (I really hate those things).  Like the NAD PP2e, the TC-760LC has provision for MC cartridges also, however I am unable to test this aspect at the moment.  More to follow.  Regards, Felix.             

Edited by catman

I may be in the minority having not tried many phono preamps such as the NAD PP2.  The only NAD phono preamps I have heard were in NAD integrated amps, and they were, well, ordinary.   Easily blown away by my home made 12ax7 based phono preamps.

The TC-760LC looks interesting, especially with MC at that price.  Running from battery is a good thing anyway, tell us how it sounds.

G'day all, things have been a little busy of late but today I found time to do some critical listening with this new phono stage on MM and I really like it.  I am still using a 12 volt gel cell to power it and like it's TC-750 little brother, the background 'blackness' (on battery power), is impressive and in some ways it has a sound quite similar to my ANT Kora 3T SE all FET phono stage.  I really need to get an MC phono cartridge!  Regards, Felix.