SOLD: FS: VPI Aries-II w/- JMW 10.5 Unipivot & Lyra Dorian

SOLD

Item: VPI Aries II, 10.5 JMW Unipivot Arm, Lyra Dorian Cartridge
Price: $3500
Item Condition: Excellent 9+/10
Reason for selling: Upgrading
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Wire
Extra Info:

Selling my VPI Aries II turntable with JMW 10.5 Unipivot Arm and Lyra Dorian Cartridge. I'm the original owner of this brilliant system, the Lyra has only maybe 150 hrs on it. Everything is in fantastic condition!!

I don't care who says what, you simply cant beat the sound of a well designed turntable when setup correctly. Hands down this system kicked butt against SACD in every department... most noticeably in soundstage, imaging, harmonics and yes even dynamics is a huge advantage, you also have presence like no digital system can ever offer, and I'm even talking about DCS digital gear too! . This combo is super quiet, even the oldest records come over with the least amount of clicks and pops. I used this combo with Graham Slee's MC Elevator EXP and Era Gold V phono stage.... WoW best describes this combo!!   For an extra $1200 I'm happy to consider also selling the Graham Slee phono stage system to the buyer of the turntable, but I will not sell the Graham Slee hear as seperate items - sorry.

Will ship Australia wide at buyers cost, estimated shipping 150 -> $250 + insurance (depends on local) or happy for buyer to collect

Pictures: these pictures simply don't do this table justice, its immaculate, you will not find a better example, there is not a mark anywhere on it, pure beauty when sitting in with a system and better again when playing. The Aries II turntable is regarded as the next best thing to a VPI TNT!

L1010203.JPG

L1010208.JPG

L1010209.JPG

L1010210.JPG

L1010211.JPG

L1010207.JPG

L1010204.JPG

L1010205.JPG

L1010206.JPG

Edited by Allan
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

23 hours ago, kab said:

Used to have the Aries1, great turntables.....GLWTS.

you got that right!

If ever someone wants to know what the rest of their system is truely capable of then marry it all up to one of these ol' baby's!    I love em, and the first time you see a uni pivot you, well I did anyway, wondered why someone never came up with the idea before VPI, or did they? Its mechanical brilliance at its finest!