Sign in to follow this  
handysteel

Show your motorcycle ride

:) I hope your joking Grumpy, there has only ever been one better bike built. It had the green frame.

Cheers, Earle.

What had a green frame?

V

Nice Duke there Westie, I could find room in my shed for that.At 18 I wanted to trade up in to the 900ss desmo like Vollie's .I had my brother (10 years older than me) talked into going guarantor, my folks would never have agreed.He pulled the pin on me at the last minute geez I had the sh!ts with him.I look back now and think he made the right choice it was to much of a weapon for an 18y/o.

Now the family's grown up I've been looking at building a bike using a stock Yamaha sr400/sr 500 ripping all the crap of it, and rebuilding it as a cafe racer.Similar to this except with the tank painted in Aussie flag blue .All I've got to do is stop spending on the stereo.Check out these guys there Aussie's and do some great cafe racers . http://www.deus.com.au/

Deus_SR400_b.jpg

What had a green frame?

V

Only the best bike ever built :)

ducati_2_lg.gif

Lucky bugger looks like he has an R90S in the background.

Edited by ehtcom

I haven't owned a bike since the mid 70's.

This was my last - A XS1 650 Yamaha that was worked a little and saw off the 750 Hondas of the day.

The bike i wanted was a 900 Kwaka but my budget and my legs would not stretch enough:confused:

cleaner_edited.jpg

Check this out Grumpy the xs650 are sort after bike these days for rebuilding as bobbers like the Yamaha sr500 people all over the world are mad keen on modding them up .I reckon this would be perfect for your short legs.

Only the best bike ever built :)

ducati_2_lg.gif

Lucky bugger looks like he has an R90S in the background.

Yes I agree, a bike born out of pure passion of the designer, I have an article on one that which I am happy to scan and email to you if you pm me your email address.

My Imola 900 SS was of the same vintage with the "round case" motor. the Duke owners in our group had a saying.............................

"the putty road tells all" what a great road for a ride.

I was a member of the MCRC of NSW for a while, did not race but used to Marshall at Oran Park during race meets. My best day there was an MCRC arranged event between Wollongong University MCC and the Ducati Owners club, Wayne Gardiner blits the field in an Suzuki GS1000!

Ah the memories come flooding back...................

V

Thanks guys, some fond memories. Yes the XS1 was quicker than a Bonnie, but handling was not as good. 900SS... loved the punch. I then rode my mate's Laverda 1000 which had a really nice powerband, 1/2 way between the 900SS and my Z1 (later Yoshi 1000). The Lav handled better than the Z1 too. Then 4 valves came along and upped the ante.

Like everyone else here I had the original Superbike GSXR1100 '87. Today I've got the 2005 version, a GSX1000R K4, absolute weapon.

Nice Duke there Westie, I could find room in my shed for that.At 18 I wanted to trade up in to the 900ss desmo like Vollie's .I had my brother (10 years older than me) talked into going guarantor, my folks would never have agreed.He pulled the pin on me at the last minute geez I had the sh!ts with him.I look back now and think he made the right choice it was to much of a weapon for an 18y/o.

Now the family's grown up I've been looking at building a bike using a stock Yamaha sr400/sr 500 ripping all the crap of it, and rebuilding it as a cafe racer.Similar to this except with the tank painted in Aussie flag blue .All I've got to do is stop spending on the stereo.Check out these guys there Aussie's and do some great cafe racers . http://www.deus.com.au/

Deus_SR400_b.jpg

Those deus ex blokes sure make some great looking bikes.....first saw one about 3 years ago in the airport and thought at the time it was just some demo thingy.

Some very nice bikes there guys :). Besides my hifi, I am a absolute bike and car nut :)

These shots are a couple of years old, but there of me at Queensland Raceway. I don't really have stationary shots, I only seem to take those when I'm about to sell em :D

My MV Agusta F4

attachment.php?attachmentid=7077&stc=1&d=1240032766

My Yamaha R6

attachment.php?attachmentid=7079&stc=1&d=1240032766

Edited by ronin6

Great pics Ronin6. A racing MV, wow! thAT tAKES ME BACK TO THE THE HEY DAYS, OR ARE YOU A YOUNGSTER? (bloody caps lock:confused:)

Do you still have all your toes and fingers?

You know, I haven't owned a bike since the mid 70's, but it's still in the blood.

I wanted a bike from an early age, but I was told I couldn't have one by my parents; "because they are dangerous" they said.(got my first at 16, A 58 Triumph Thunderbird 650) Well! my older brother, who also wanted a bike, got himself killed in a CAR accident and there I was with a " Oh Well! maybe this one will be different.:)

BIKES!- love em! can't get them out of the system though and I'm too old to start over again!

Great pics Ronin6. A racing MV, wow! thAT tAKES ME BACK TO THE THE HEY DAYS, OR ARE YOU A YOUNGSTER? (bloody caps lock:confused:)

Do you still have all your toes and fingers?

You know, I haven't owned a bike since the mid 70's, but it's still in the blood.

I wanted a bike from an early age, but I was told I couldn't have one by my parents; "because they are dangerous" they said.(got my first at 16, A 58 Triumph Thunderbird 650) Well! my older brother, who also wanted a bike, got himself killed in a CAR accident and there I was with a " Oh Well! maybe this one will be different.:)

BIKES!- love em! can't get them out of the system though and I'm too old to start over again!

Thanks Grumpy, yep I'm only a youngster, though not as young as I'd like to be. I've always had a soft spot for the infamous italian marque, but like you I wasn't able to have one when I was young. Probably a good thing though, could've lost those fingers and toes. But when I had the means there was only one bike for me. :)

I have to totally agree with you there, once I was riding I had withdrawals till my next insatiable fix! The adrenalin never leaves your blood.:D

Heres a european racer for ya Grumpy

attachment.php?attachmentid=7083&stc=1&d=1240054106

Awesome stuff Ronin6!

I will post mine up when I get some more time.

Thanks Rural Rat:) Glad so many here share similar obsessions.

This is one with her fun clothes on

attachment.php?attachmentid=7081&stc=1&d=1240053952

This isn't my bike, but I've always liked this pic

attachment.php?attachmentid=7082&stc=1&d=1240054081

Nobody picked the Bridgestone 350 in my pic.

I was a flag marshal at Oran park the day Hindle kicked Ago's arse in the 350.

The crowd, in their typical Aussue fashion took the piss out of Ago in the winners lap.

Cisco from the Seabreeze forums tells the story well.

cisco

cisco-081214022458.jpg

QLD

Australia

547 Posts

Posted 04/04/2009, 1:23 pm nothumb.gif 0.gifnothumb.gif noflag.gif icon_profile.gif?x=3 icon_reply_topic.gif?x=3 Brian Hindle also beat Giacomo Agostini in 1970-71?? at Oran Park Sydney. This was in the 350 class. The occasion was Agostini's Moto GP Promotional Tour of Australia.

However in the open class in which Ago rode the MV Augusta 500cc, there was only one person who could come near him. This was Geoff (****head) Lucas aboard a BSA 750 Rocket 3. Apart from blue printing the only mods to the engine were a 1mm overbore and a mild cam timing change.

This bike had been doing 176mph down the straight with the front wheel lifting during practice.

Ago could see the talent of Lucas and hung back to see what he could do, but when Lucas dropped out due to tyre failure, he just opened the MV up and lapped the rest of the field at least once.

The MV had this huge diameter, 4 leading shoe front drum brake and the spokes could only have been 2 inches long at most.

We were at the top elbow at the start of the straight and watching Ago, could see theat he had exactly the same line coming through the esses before the elbow. There was a small repair patch in the tarmac which he went over each lap under heavy braking. As he did this a small puff of smoke would come off the tyre. Awesome stuff.

After the elbow he opened it up for the straight and we copped the full blast of the MV's exhaust. Spine shuddering to say the least. Even though it had seperate exhausts for each pot, it sounded more like a jet engine than anything else.icon_smile_tongue.gif?x=3icon_smile_tongue.gif?x=3

Of course a 3 cylinder 4 stroke will be better balanced and smoother than a 2 or 4 cylinder 4 stroke any day. Cheers Ciscoicon_smile_cool.gif?x=3 BTW, Was anybody else there that day. Vic??

Rocket 3's put out less than 60hp. 176mph at Oran ? Hahaha.

Tell him he's dreamin'.

Rocket 3's put out less than 60hp. 176mph at Oran ? Hahaha.

Tell him he's dreamin'.

Don't forget the front wheel was lifting at that speed too!:)

Just going back over the pics of the different bikes over the years, there are some gorgeous machines here....... Now that the weather is fine, I think I'm going for a ride, I feel like breaky after a good blast.:D:D