Sign in to follow this  
handysteel

Show your motorcycle ride

Here is the latest addition to the RR fleet.:P

...and some of the others. Still got these ones:o.

Now the family's grown up I've been looking at building a bike using a stock Yamaha sr400/sr 500 ripping all the crap of it, and rebuilding it as a cafe racer.

My 2nd last (& 3rd, 4th, 5t, & 6th) were SR500s, the last one considerably tricked out. My last bike was an Exciter 250 (SR250) made into a cafe racer. Front-end off an RD400, back from a Yamaha 650 twin, and Avon Venoms that would make a 750 jealous. Not pretty but A LOT of fun.

dave

This is my Kawasaki ZX6R. Love it !

image-Y240652-00010.jpg

Nice pic gainphile, I don't recognise the track.

I haven't owned a bike since the mid 70's.

This was my last - A XS1 650 Yamaha that was worked a little and saw off the 750 Hondas of the day.

The bike i wanted was a 900 Kwaka but my budget and my legs would not stretch enough:confused:

cleaner_edited.jpg

Ah Grumpy, my last bike was a Yamaha XS2, same vertical twin engine as yours, however with a front disc brake. As with every other bike I had it put me into hospital. Well, actually the ambulance did...

Nice pic gainphile, I don't recognise the track.

It's PI :eek:

image-Y201057-0003.jpg

I should admit that the Mustud family has in the last few weeks bought some scoots. Mrs Mustud has passed her learner's test and is the proud owner of a Honda Scoopy. Beware granny scoot chicks!! Mustud has a Honda @125. As I relinquished my motorcycle licence decades ago I need to go for my L's some time over the next few weeks.

Ah, such family fun!

:eek:

It's PI :eek:

I thought it might have been, I'm very jealous Sir. I was down there last year in a Audi R8. It was fun in the car but I can't wait to get down there with the scoot.

The run down past the stands on the main straight towards the water is just breathtaking.

I thought it might have been, I'm very jealous Sir. I was down there last year in a Audi R8. It was fun in the car but I can't wait to get down there with the scoot.

The run down past the stands on the main straight towards the water is just breathtaking.

Please let me summarize that part.... exiting turn 12 as fast as I could, I would get to 4th gear perhaps 150, didn't have the guts to look :eek:... on to (almost) the ripple strip down the chute chin on the tank.... fifth.. sixth...FULL throttle now you can't see the road, just the horizon... quick.. look at the speedo ... oooh 240, here comes turn 1... some guys would take it 200kph no problems, I would brake reallllly early and still that feel in the stomach oooh....:D. Now multiply that about 30 times the whole day :(

My 2nd last (& 3rd, 4th, 5t, & 6th) were SR500s, the last one considerably tricked out. My last bike was an Exciter 250 (SR250) made into a cafe racer. Front-end off an RD400, back from a Yamaha 650 twin, and Avon Venoms that would make a 750 jealous. Not pretty but A LOT of fun.

dave

Nothing new to add but I'm glad this thread has been revived, audio chews any spare cash I get these days,if I ever sold my rig the funds would go directly to a sr400 home brew cafe racer the sr500 are getting a bit long in the tooth for me.

Planet10 like your style, modded up ps1, rd 400 and sr500 cafe racers.

Check out the sr500 forum its an Aussie forum. What those guys don't know about setting them up as cafe racers isnt worth knowing.

Cheers emcee

Enough of the new stuff..a couple of (Ducati) oldies from the past.The 500 Sport Desmo was my first duke,the Hailwood Replica belonged to a mate.Last pic is the best Ducati's ever built,750 SS,750 Sport and 750 GT.Taken at a Duke owners club piss up/weekend away.

Edited by Westie

Some great stuff here guys. Had a cracker of a day with a few mates today. Running in my new Speed Triple. 300km through hills and SAs lower lakes on a beautiful sunny winters day. Not sure it gets much better really.:D

All these cafe racers miss what the full pleasure of motorcycle riding is all about.

Mrs Mustud and her Scoopy.

Beep beep.

30062009054.jpg

Great pic Mustard. (Is that your jacket in the pic?) That's what Ms Grumpy wants, ever since her friend won a COOPERS BEER Scooter; strange, considering her husband works for the competition , The West End Brewery.

My Vespa scooters

Currently setup in the house on display. The white one is a 1969 Vespa 90SS and the Cream/Green one is a 1973 Vespa 150 super.

Great pic Mustard. (Is that your jacket in the pic?) That's what Ms Grumpy wants, ever since her friend won a COOPERS BEER Scooter; strange, considering her husband works for the competition , The West End Brewery.

Tell Mrs Grumpy to keep hassling until she gets what she wants!

Er no, that is not my jacket.

This is:

03072009059.jpg

Funny thing, I found a 1978 grade 5 booklist in one of the pockets. I am pretty sure that I had managed to pass grade 5 by 1978, and anyway I had stopped riding by then, so it must have been one of my thieving little brothers who pinched the jacket and had taken it to school.

And this is my helmet:

03072009060.jpg

Cool, huh?

And this is a hankie I found in the other pocket....

03072009061.jpg

I suppose I should give it back to my brother.

Looks great Exitm, very 'CHIC'

Ahh! takes me back to Mods and Sharpies, but it was motorcyles that got me going back then

Love the Helmet. peace man!

Looks great Exitm, very 'CHIC'

Ahh! takes me back to Mods and Sharpies, but it was motorcyles that got me going back then

Thanks grumpy, The pic is from my last house as I dont have any from my current place but they are still setup the same.

I should break them out and organize to get them licenced again.

My Vespa scooters

Currently setup in the house on display. The white one is a 1969 Vespa 90SS and the Cream/Green one is a 1973 Vespa 150 super.

Good on you exitmusic. Are they in working order?

You know, back in those days I would have sneered at anything smaller than 350cc, and a proper bike had to be at least 500 (although the 450 dohc Honda was pretty legit). These days the scoots are just the bees knees for me.

:love

Edited by Super Mustud
just saw I said the the 450 was a desmo, not dohc

You know, back in those days I would have sneered at anything smaller than 350cc, and a proper bike had to be at least 500 (although the 450 dohc Honda was pretty legit). These days the scoots are just the bees knees for me.

Yeah they are both perfect just unlicenced. Had them inside for about 4 years now so didnt see the need to have them licenced. Maybe once summer rolls around again.

I agree with you on the scooters, I always thought they were rubbish as I had only ridden a 50cc but once I tried something with a bit bigger capacity I think there are great. For everyday riding I have a Honda Forza 250.

Right on there Mustard, it use to be 650's or nothing, but the **** changed all that with the plastic fantastics.

I remember having fun with the 'scooter' boys (sharpies in the 70's)with a good bit of tom foolery while out on a run if our paths happened to cross - all fun with no hint of real trouble either. Ahh good times.

The first bike I actually bought. 1977 Montesa 250 H6. Started my offroad competition addiction.

Followed by the 1979 Maico 250 Magnum.

After a few years of battling with Euro machines I took the easier option.

1984 Kawasaki KDX200B1, then 1986 Kawasaki KDX200C1. Still have this one as a retirement, restoration project. It is the machine I have had most success on. It allowed me to continue racing during the kids/mortgage/no damn money years. Finally retired it at the end of the 1999 season.