Sign in to follow this  
handysteel

Show your motorcycle ride

On 08/02/2019 at 9:14 AM, Nigel said:

Terry,

was it compulsory that Kiwis live in Coogee ? or just an attraction fro Fsh and Chps?

Also I have an Toyota MR2 and saw a forum poster "TerryO" - you by any chance ?

Sorry for the belated reply, nope not me with the MR2, not sure I would fit in one.

... back in the mid 80’s it was just about compulsory for Kiwi’s to live in Coogee if they moved to Sydney, just as many moved to Perth never to be seen again. Now all the bloody Kiwi’s live on the Gold Coast, there are heaps up here. Plus. Nearly every fish and chip shop here is run by bloody Kiwi’s. We do know how to make good chups though!

I have just started riding my two favourite old girls again after a couple of years of them sitting in the garage.  Big air cooled 1700cc V-twins with open exhausts make a whole different kind of lovely music and its one that sounds bloody excellent. ... :angel:

cheers Terry

449001B6-210B-4A45-8153-AA8A788728D7.jpeg

E6C9C0F8-CB5C-4DF8-9E70-F3DAAECD3CEE.jpeg

Edited by TerryO

5 hours ago, TerryO said:

Sorry for the belated reply, nope not me with the MR2, not sure I would fit in one.

... back in the mid 80’s it was just about compulsory for Kiwi’s to live in Coogee if they moved to Sydney, just as many moved to Perth never to be seen again. Now all the bloody Kiwi’s live on the Gold Coast, there are heaps up here. Plus. Nearly every fish and chip shop here is run by bloody Kiwi’s. We do know how to make good chups though!

I have just started riding my two favourite old girls again after a couple of years of them sitting in the garage.  Big air cooled 1700cc V-twins with open exhausts make a whole different kind of lovely music and its one that sounds bloody excellent. ... :angel:

cheers Terry

449001B6-210B-4A45-8153-AA8A788728D7.jpeg

E6C9C0F8-CB5C-4DF8-9E70-F3DAAECD3CEE.jpeg

Two bikes of the same model ??

Do Tell. :) 

My Yamaha FZ6N and my mates beautiful Duc on Putty Road. Mate also had a black Panigale 1199.

The Yammy went pretty well at Eastern Creek on a track day in B class, though I was dragging both pegs and the stand.... Embarrassed a few guys on 1000s with slicks. Overtaking on turn 1 is wild.

unnamed (1).jpg

Here is my my DRZ400E sitting ready for the more hard core Adventures, still love my dirt riding and these things are bullet proof and not to bad on the transport sections, it's taken over duties from my classic TTR600 

IMG_1063.jpeg

1 hour ago, Martykt said:

Two bikes of the same model ??

Do Tell. :) 

It seamed like a good idea at the time. ... :winky:

12 minutes ago, The Bluesman said:

Here is my my DRZ400E sitting ready for the more hard core Adventures, still love my dirt riding and these things are bullet proof and not to bad on the transport sections, it's taken over duties from my classic TTR600 

IMG_1063.jpeg

They're much better than people give them credit for, myself included until a few years ago. Very capable everywhere. All the gear too. Stegs are the best! Have them on my Husky and don't like riding anything without them now

27 minutes ago, TerryO said:

It seamed like a good idea at the time. ... :winky:

I agree mate, great idea always and here are my 2 TTRs, only just sold one the other week and replaced it with the DRZ, love my big air cooled singles with kick start only, goes back a long way the passion does 

IMG_2009.jpeg

New lid arrived today, ordered it drunk after watching Catalunya qualifying 😁. Will no doubt miss the inner visor but the lid itself is heavenly. And nothing smells as nice as a new Shoei. Well maybe one thing...

E68B9C51-90E2-455C-9785-CC4731D26D59.thumb.jpeg.7c421cd506b8c70a1d655c259ab42e81.jpeg

4BBDA2DD-521A-4BFB-AF79-5ACB84F417FA.thumb.jpeg.fbc30caa0014b81dc9e93d88ecaab58a.jpeg

CEF5AE0A-79A8-4BBF-9D5E-2B419D36FC64.thumb.jpeg.a7c6dc4ce1281c32d3f64f4b4d4cf931.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

New lid arrived today, ordered it drunk after watching Catalunya qualifying 😁. Will no doubt miss the inner visor but the lid itself is heavenly. And nothing smells as nice as a new Shoei. Well maybe one thing...

E68B9C51-90E2-455C-9785-CC4731D26D59.thumb.jpeg.7c421cd506b8c70a1d655c259ab42e81.jpeg

4BBDA2DD-521A-4BFB-AF79-5ACB84F417FA.thumb.jpeg.fbc30caa0014b81dc9e93d88ecaab58a.jpeg

CEF5AE0A-79A8-4BBF-9D5E-2B419D36FC64.thumb.jpeg.a7c6dc4ce1281c32d3f64f4b4d4cf931.jpeg

Can't decide whether you want the "Emergency Use Only" sticker hey Daz ?? :D 

1 hour ago, Martykt said:

Can't decide whether you want the "Emergency Use Only" sticker hey Daz ?? :D 

LOL, yeah the things half fell of as I was giving stuff a bit of a 'insect repelling' Plexus. They are literally stuck on as an afterthought. Cant see them lasting a fortnight.

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

LOL, yeah the things half fell of as I was giving stuff a bit of a 'insect repelling' Plexus. They are literally stuck on as an afterthought. Cant see them lasting a fortnight.

You'll be right, just don't crash !!! :D 

I just wish Shoei didn't plaster four ugly stickers across the artwork...

Have used the lid and not sure I will miss the inner visor that much but maybe more due to the fact that I seem to prefer function over fashion now (can I still say that after such a purchase?), the ventilation is the best I have ever experienced, am thinking the next best was the previous X-11 Kagayama I had, then maybe a tie between the Arai RX-7RR and the old Shark RSR-2.

I don't worry about noise as I wear earplugs so canna comment on such things.

As it is a race helmet, the upper chinbar does slightly impinge on my sight of the instruments on the big Beemer but that's more a case of me wearing a race helmet on a big naked, no biggie for me either.

Comfort I sublime.

Smells awesome.

Went out on a wet/dry/wet/cold/warm/cold/wet/warm/dry day and absolutely positively nil fogging. I mean like no fogging at all on any part of the visor. Pinlocked or not.

I used to try out other lids to try different stuff but yeah, am to old for that **** now, Shoei works for me and my schnapper forehead and works bloody well.

Spotted this beautifully restored Kwacka 900 today, I had to take some pics.

05B061D9-E6A3-422A-9D61-BD46F5B6E73F.jpeg

CEEBF971-0244-4DB8-B838-25914DB4714C.jpeg

33FD0083-A522-4F6C-A60B-6F8E1145F59A.jpeg

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:35 PM, awayward said:

Spotted this beautifully restored Kwacka 900 today, I had to take some pics.

05B061D9-E6A3-422A-9D61-BD46F5B6E73F.jpeg

CEEBF971-0244-4DB8-B838-25914DB4714C.jpeg

33FD0083-A522-4F6C-A60B-6F8E1145F59A.jpeg

STONE front fairing would finish it off nice.

The stock Z1 A&B had tankslapping galore, despite the dampener. I had the Hannans do their rake and trail conversion which they did to Croz's race bike and no more wobbles. The grey Z1R came out next with those same mods.

A bit of a dliemma having an original old bike with bad behaviour and simple mod to fix.  I guess it depends on whether you want to ride it or look at it.

In general Australia tyre testing and 6Hr prod racing fed lots of info back to the factories.

Hey Dazz, what is that section on the back of the helmet for? does it presume your leathers have that hunchback thing for aero ?

Nice mate, hey I was up the Old Road last weekend on my bike taking pictures of bikes, here's a few shots 

P7270046.jpg

P7270093.jpg

P7270027.jpg

I see people taking photos on the Old Highway from time to time and can't help but slow down in case they are somehow linked to the cops. 

That trumpy has the smallest fairing I've ever seen, Nice looking bikes.

Not my bike but one I hired when riding around in the mountains of Chiang Mai Thailand. The roads were better than anything here and so many great sights and villages. Even got laughed at by little girls when filling up because they'd never seen a man with hairy legs haha

Such a good bike that would spin the rear in 2nd with traction control coming out of corners. Think it was a Yamaha FZ-09, based on the MT-09. Sounded fantastic with the 3 cylinder engine

IMG_20160525_093220.jpg