Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Item: Meitner MA 1 Dac
Location: Artarmon Sydney
Price: WIthdrawn from sale
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Gone to all in one with Devialet
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct deposit
Extra Info: I have the original boxes so can ship but only at buyers risk. Warwick used TNT sensitive freight. This is a fabulous dac which is almost 3 years old, purchased from Warwick at Puremusic Group so will be supported if required. It does have the option of being updated to the version 2 model at $2.5K but you would need to check with Warwick as he has taken the pricing off his website. I haven't been able to find much information on various forums about the benefits (or not) of upgrading. Based off a hi fi shark search I did this is the best value model on that site. There are loads of reviews if you do a search.
I do not have the original power cord as I have been using a Nordost blue heaven power cord (not included).
I can audition for genuine buyers at my home if required.
Meitner Stereo D/A Converter With the introduction of Meitner Audio's very first product—the Meitner MA-1 Stereo D/A Converter—cost-no-object performance has suddenly become a whole lot less costly.
How did we do it? By utilizing the award-winning technologies Ed Meitner developed for our EMM Labs line of products. The result is a converter that turns the "you-have-to-spend-a-lot-to-get-a-lot" paradigm on its proverbial ear?
It also happens to turn your computer or media server into a high-end, high-resolution music-making machine.
The Meitner MA-1:
• Supports sampling rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz at
word lengths up to 24 bits through all 6 digital inputs
• Complies with the USB Class 2 audio interface standard
• Is simple to use. There's nothing to configure. Just plug and play.
MFAST™ asynchronous technology
Feed the MA-1 through any of its six inputs and the Meitner Frequency Acquisition System (MFAST™) instantly acquires the signal, buffers it, then strips jitter out completely. A high-speed asynchronous system, it decouples input from output. MFAST™ ensures that you'll enjoy pristine sonic clarity whether the incoming data stream is pure or anything but.
MDAT™: 2x DSD upsampling
From there, the signal goes straight into the Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT™) which upsamples digital audio to 5.6MHz, double the SACD standard sampling rate.
The world's best dac/clock combination
Our MA-1 features the standard-setting MDAC™ dual differential discrete D-to-A and MCLK™ high-purity master clock modules. Together, they're music to our ears. Yours too, as an audition will quickly prove.
The Meitner MA-1 Stereo D/A Converter. It may be the first audio product that's equally appealing to those on a budget, and those with no budget limitations at all.
Key Features & Specifications:
• Supported sampling rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz at word
lengths up to 24 bits through all 6 digital inputs:
• 1 x USB
• 1 x AES/EBU
• 2 x TOSLINK S/PDIF
• 2 x COAX S/PDIF
• MFAST™ asynchronous technology for instant signal acquisition, jitter-free
• MDAT™ signal processing technology:
• Provides 2x DSD upsampling for PCM playback
• Preserves phase, frequency and dynamic integrity of the waveform
• MDAC™ discrete dual differential D-to-A conversion circuit
• MCLK™ high-purity master clock that establishes new benchmarks in jitter
• Sleek credit-card style remote control included for input switching
• USB service port for future software upgrades
• Serial port for wired remote control
• Power supply:
• Power factor corrected
• Universal 90V-260V, 50/60Hz
• Power consumption: max. 50W
• CE Approved
Stereo analog outputs: Balanced (XLR) and Unbalanced (RCA)
Output voltage (with 0dBfs input):
• XLR outputs: 4.6Vrms (+15.4dBu)
• RCA outputs: 2.3Vrms (+9.4dBu)
• 300 ohms balanced (XLR)
• 150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
Dimensions W x D x H: 435 x 400 x 92mm
Weight: 7.43 kg/16.39 lbs net with remote control
Designed and Manufactured in Canada. Pictures: Apologies for the iphone quality but rest assured this unit is virtually as new.