Item:  Red Dragon Audio M200 Monoblocks
Price: $675
Item Condition: excellent 8.5/10
Reason for selling: Got me my dream amp
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: These were apparently made as a special order for an America audio society.  Forget what you think you know about Class D amps, these are the real deal and deserve a serious listen. Thumping tight bass and extended sweet highs.  They run as cool as a cucumber to the touch.  Note these are balanced input only.  Auditions welcome if you are willing to come to Bathurst.

Price includes shipping within Australia

Pictures:  to come, when I get home

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

Edited by Astronutter

1 hour ago, Astronutter said:

Item:  Red Dragon Audio 200M Monoblocks
Price: $675
Item Condition: excellent 8.5/10
Reason for selling: Got me my dream amp
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: These were apparently made as a special order for an America audio society.  Forget what you think you know about Class D amps, these are the real deal and deserve a serious listen. Thumping tight bass and extended sweet highs.  They run as cool as a cucumber to the touch.  Note these are balanced input only.  Auditions welcome if you are willing to come to Bathurst.

Price includes shipping within Australia

Pictures:  to come, when I get home

Pictures please

17 minutes ago, Setiawan said:

Is that the same amp? I don't see it being called '200M' anywhere, and it has RCA input (M500 MKII at least), whereas OP mentions that the only accepting balanced.

Hey Jason, why don't you just let the OP get home on a Friday night and if you really really need info urgently then just PM him in private and politely wait for a reply.

just got back from Brisbane

This is the email I got from Ryan Thew:

"The M200's were a special product we built for a select group on AudioCircle.com.  They offer 100/200 watts into 8/4 ohms.  They were based on an earlier generation of ICEpower Class D amplifier technology.  It's a fairly compact design that is meant to drive smaller monitor speakers or more efficient full range designs. 
They were offered with the choice of XLR or RCA inputs which was specified at the time of ordering.   They have a 12kohm input impedance and could be configured with an automatic signal sense to allow the amplifiers to power on/off based upon the signal input being present. 

Thanks, 

Ryan Tew 
President - Red Dragon Audio"

11 minutes ago, Luc said:

Hey Jason, why don't you just let the OP get home on a Friday night and if you really really need info urgently then just PM him in private and politely wait for a reply.

I didn't think I was being impolite? I don't need the information urgently either, I just thought it was pertinent to the item for sale, especially as there was conflicting information that may confuse potential buyers.

@Astronutter, thank you for the information.

Actually your probably right, apols form me. But, I've just seen a lot of FS ad's turn into whinge fests because the OP has forgotten something that someone feels everyone needs to know straight away. Had a few of my own ads go sideways  because of it and I've learned it's just easier to PM and ask in a lot of cases.

Anyway, back to the mono's. $675 is a spankingly good price for these. @ the OP. For those who don't have balanced  cable can you get RCA/balanced cables? I'm surei 've seen them somewhere.

I had some Red Dragon 1000 monos. XLR input only, but Ryan gave me some rca converters. They were excellent, but the project I was going to use them for never came to fruition. Ice power modules well implemented. These would be a great buy for the right speakers, as mentioned in the quote from Ryan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Wimbo said:

If this confused anybody, apologies. He did say they were a custom build and I put the link up because Red Dragons are pretty similar in all characteristics except power.

I remember reading quite a few reviews years ago and always thought the were good value for money. 

The B&O modules have run without issue and have been cool and stable with everything I've ever tried them with. I have several 1st gen 500ASC modules that have driven the bass panels of some Apogee Duettas and have sounded great and not skipped a beat in 8 years. Not too many conventional amplifiers drive these speakers reliably for very long! 

Edited by treuben