Vinyl / Records (ONLY) - Currently Spinning

4 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Kandace Springs - Soul Eyes. 33rpm on Blue Note. Great female vocal and an excellent album................pretty easy on the eye too!:thumb:

Another one of Prince's Proteges 💜

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/08/11/kandance-springs-protege/88525868/

Edited by April Snow
  • Love 1
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just comfortably numb!

Back spinning after a weeks R&R down at the beautiful Barwon Heads 🏄‍♂️   Aretha: Lady Soul    

Blondie The Best of Blondie Australia 1981  

New Arrival from Germany finally arrived after 8 weeks :)

Kylie Minogue

Let's Get To It

UK 

Mint copy (but punctured sleeve)

But first up.........

Congratulations to Kylie ......(on her Disco Album)

This week's result means Kylie sets a new Official Chart record, becoming the first female artist to score a Number 1 on the UK’s Official Albums Chart in five consecutive decades - in the ‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s, ‘10s and ‘20s.

Kylie Minogue has achieved her third Number One album in three years with BMG as her latest album Disco enters the Official UK Albums Chart at the top spot today.

In the process, Disco has become the fastest-selling UK album of 2020 so far, and Kylie has become the only female artist to have scored Number Ones through five decades.

IMG_6841.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, April Snow said:

Kylie Minogue

Let's Get To It

UK 

While listening to ABC radio this morning they said that Kylie has had a number #1 hit for 50 years 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, April Snow said:

Yep, Prince was certainly an admirer and helped her career no doubt, but I think the biggest influence on her music was her dad and her love of R&B and Jazz. Whoa, gotta be careful mentioning R&B around here, as there are some here that want to leap of the nearest tall building at the mere mention of it!!:lol:

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Hi All,

Linda Ronstadt Simple Dreams 40th Anniversary Repressing, as good sounding as any of her 70s pressings.

578152191_LindaRonstadtSimpleDreams40thAnniversary.jpg.fab8e2bcffdbaef5b205f8c3d229462a.jpg

JJ

• Like 7

Lana Del Rey ‎– Born To Die - 2012 - the album that got me into Lana - Video Games, National Anthem, Sumertime Sadness - all awesome.  pity the recording is not as good as her recent albums.

RcMZfK8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

'Greatest Hits of' Bob Marley .. Scandinavian compilation the Mrs brought back from Germany.. Doesn't sound amazing but has some of the less mainstream songs compared to the 'Legend' compilation. A bunch of the Lee Perry stuff 👌 (Yes we're playing scrabble and I'm winning.)

IMG_20201114_171835.thumb.jpg.0f28e7563699e4e8568e34a66b93509e.jpg

Edited by SkipEsquire
  • Like 4

The Beatles

Abbey Road

Japan

NM with OBI & Insert

Discogs say this is one of the best pressings, and it does sound pretty FAB !!

IMG_6930.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

Hi All,

11 minutes ago, April Snow said:

The Beatles

Abbey Road

Japan

NM with OBI & Insert

IMG_6930.JPG

Noodles for you again :winky: :winky: :winky:

Currently playing an arrival today, The Flaming Lips, American Head, one LP in clear blue and the other in solid pink.

1600375056_FlamingLipsBlue.jpg.33c061421fcf59bed25b3c5f01a4839e.jpg

1991276526_FlamingLipsPink.jpg.08e8f9962fffba46a377356add08f098.jpg

JJ

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, April Snow said:

New Arrival from Germany finally arrived after 8 weeks :)

Kylie Minogue

Let's Get To It

UK 

Mint copy (but punctured sleeve)

But first up.........

Congratulations to Kylie ......(on her Disco Album)

This week's result means Kylie sets a new Official Chart record, becoming the first female artist to score a Number 1 on the UK’s Official Albums Chart in five consecutive decades - in the ‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s, ‘10s and ‘20s.

Kylie Minogue has achieved her third Number One album in three years with BMG as her latest album Disco enters the Official UK Albums Chart at the top spot today.

In the process, Disco has become the fastest-selling UK album of 2020 so far, and Kylie has become the only female artist to have scored Number Ones through five decades.

IMG_6841.JPG

Not my style of music April, but She is a Super Star. 

And to pinch a line from Keith (@cheekyboy).

Easy On The Eye.

What is she, like 52? But then she hasn't been in our Aussie sun for 30 years 😍

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Noodles for you again :winky: :winky: :winky:

Currently playing an arrival today, The Flaming Lips, American Head, one LP in clear blue and the other in solid pink.

1600375056_FlamingLipsBlue.jpg.33c061421fcf59bed25b3c5f01a4839e.jpg

1991276526_FlamingLipsPink.jpg.08e8f9962fffba46a377356add08f098.jpg

JJ

Yer getting a fair collection of coloured's now JJ. They do look great. Some People say that the sq suffers on colour vinyl. But l have not found that to be the case in my meagre collection. And don't they look great spinning around.

• Like 3

'Kosmosis in Dub' by Mr Electric Triangle .. Never heard of it until it arrived in my collection. Another german pickup by Mrs Esquire (because it said 'Dub' on it) Not too bad though, electronic hip-hoppy grooves. Some meaty bass lines for the guests down stairs.

IMG_20201114_180249.thumb.jpg.1b59004ea4d0ae7fe0b8cec2a45204a0.jpg

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Yer getting a fair collection of coloured's now JJ. They do look great. Some People say that the sq suffers on colour vinyl. But l have not found that to be the case in my meagre collection. And don't they look great spinning around.

I have only been collecting vinyl just over a year I know, so a real newbie, but I have noticed that the Coloured Vinyl is so much better now than the first ones I brought that were released a couple of years ago that I have been playing catch up on.

I do think there are real improvements.

Even the Britney "marbled" ones I got recently have been perfect which I was terrified of ordering thinking they will sound like rice bubbles.

And yes .....about Kylie ......... I know most guys do not like her - and I understand that, but I admire her work ethic and that she has stayed a nice person and kept out of scandal all these years. She does look great too, but not sure so much to do with not being in the Aussie sun - think fillers, collagen and surgery may be helping a little bit there ........but that is OK, she is a fab gal and Aussies can be proud she is one of us.

• Like 6

I have just about exhausted my LP record collection apart from my Greek  language , ballroom dance, soundtrack and the remaining classical records 

Its been a few years and approx 1000 LPs that I have posted on the forum 

So I will be sorting and posting about some well known artists as time allows 

In saying that I’m still looking for some missing titles to fill up holes in my LP collection 

Today a sample record from a record label 

Title - A Taste Of Polydor 

BE557-ED1-1330-47-B6-B011-F82-E20-FAF6-C

• Like 3
11 hours ago, keyse1 said:

For someone who doesn’t like the Beatles you sure play them a lot😀

As for all those gaps I’m here to help😀

Don’t play them that often as I much prefer Prog like King Crimson , Genesis ect 

PM me if you have any LP gap fillers 

Bringing the funk on a Sunday morning.  The track 'Machine Gun' was the theme tune for New Zealand's version of Countdown called 'Ready to Roll' in the 70's which was essential viewing at 6pm Saturday night.  

The Commodores 'Greatest Hits'

P1080052.JPG.bccc72a6dbc5907ab56b9788f574af7e.JPG

• Like 5

I promised you to spin a record from a famous artist ? 
And I know it’s old fashioned ( in a good way ) 

Yes everyone likes Frank Sinatra ( and rightly so ) but this artist is every bit as good 

Artist - Bing Crosby 

Title - Holiday In Europe 

This album is in NM condition 

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/uR3CSWd55ko/hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

New Order - Blue Monday 12" Single - 2020 RSD rerelease

454838573_NewOrder-BlueMonday-2020Remaster.jpg.51d494caf2455766bf670f977a49320a.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Full Range said:

Yes everyone likes Frank Sinatra ( and rightly so ) but this artist is every bit as good 

Not me so much - appreciate Frank & Bing's musical contributions but just never liked them due to the way they treated women and their family........ so sad that part............so I do not have them in my collection - but do like other artists singing Frank's songs.

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

First up for today.   Thanks Eric! Top shape and sounding very nice.

The Riverside Japanese releases are very good.

Everybody digs Bill Evans 

20201115_152016.jpg

20201115_152004.jpg

• Like 5
21 hours ago, April Snow said:

The Beatles

Abbey Road

Japan

NM with OBI & Insert

IMG_6930.JPG

Great album, though the ones I have with the union jack OBI are a touch bright.  How is this one?

• Like 2

Next up.

Ryo Fukui  in New York.

SQ is excellent,  as you expect with these releases from a great label in Switzerland. 

System demo material. 

Thanks @Doppelganger

20201115_154509.jpg

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 5

I have traveled back to 1967 and the era of fine psychedelic music

No introduction needed 

This is my 1967 US copy and still sounds hot off the press (of) 

Artist - Jimi Hendrix Experience 

Title - Are You Experienced 

Album ID https://www.discogs.com/The-Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-Are-You-Experienced/release/1435384

A0915760-0006-4436-98-E7-ED86-C45-D7-C3-

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Not me so much - appreciate Frank & Bing's musical contributions but just never liked them due to the way they treated women and their family........ so sad that part............so I do not have them in my collection - but do like other artists singing Frank's songs.

Out of all re rat pack I prefer Dean Martin 

It may have been because I loved the movies with Jerry Lewis 

• Like 3

Hi All,

23 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have traveled back to 1967 and the era of fine psychedelic music

No introduction needed 

This is my 1967 US copy and still sounds hot off the press (of) 

Artist - Jimi Hendrix Experience 

Title - Are You Experienced 

Album ID https://www.discogs.com/The-Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-Are-You-Experienced/release/1435384

** Image to come when post images is up and running again 

I haven't had any problems, but notice that the pages are longer, with 40 posts per page which can be a pain scrolling 😢 if you have arthritis in your fingers

JJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Great album, though the ones I have with the union jack OBI are a touch bright.  How is this one?

I don't have any other versions to compare it to, but admit sometimes the Japanese ones can be a little bright - (my Japanese Madonna ones are brighter than the Aussie ones) but this one sounded great to me. It was a perfect pressing noise wise too which was great seeing it is from 1976............

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl / Records (ONLY) - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic