Vinyl / Records (ONLY) - Currently Spinning

Hi All,

11 hours ago, April Snow said:

I am watching a copy of this in Ebay - mainly because I adore the cover - but I did listen to the album on Spotify too and loved it. ✔️

You won't be disappointed if you get it. 

JJ

• Like 1
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just comfortably numb!

Meat Loaf Bat Out Of Hell Australia  1977   Had a "loop skip" in it so hit it with the Revirginzer Product after I could see some crud stuck in a groove using a magnifying gla

Blondie The Best of Blondie Australia 1981  

6 hours ago, needlerunner said:

I don't even own a record cleaner April. But then all my records are newbies. I know that there can be some residue even on new records, but l don't get too hung up about it.

I just give them a going over with the carbon brush and then l use my deep cleaner velvet brush audio-technica liquid solution setup. Seems to do the trick. Though I can understand having a RC if you were buying a lot of 2nd handies. But my records go straight into their mofi sleeves, when l have finished playing and then back onto the vinyl shelf. My music room is relatively dust free, pet free and child free and no one touches my vinyl, but me. The windows are never opened and the window blinds are never opened, so not even sunlight.

All my records are pristine, never a finger print. And that is how it will always be. So l think l have got it covered. Though l think l will probably get a RC one day, as my collection grows, as l know records can deteriorate over the years.

Thank you for your reply,  I have always put every record through the spin clean when it has arrived into the house - new or second hand and into a Mofi inner sleeve and Blake outer sleeve but I was so excited to  hear this one I just took a gamble, mainly because I have really bad luck with clear vinyl as it always seems to play noisy and have issues so I was impatient to see how these would be - but these played through pretty much perfect so I think don't mess that up by cleaning and maybe introducing static. But then I started to feel guilty (haha).

I would love a better cleaning system - a RCM with a Vac or ultrasonic - but no idea what one to get or how to set them up and I think I would need to be shown how to use it to be honest. The Spin Clean has been about as much as I can handle for now but I know that is not a perfect system either but it is better than none I guess.

I wish there was somewhere I could hire a Ultra Sonic to try.

🙂

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mattd2308 said:

Just these ones.

EITQM an audiophile pressing, however not the same series. COTC inherited,(read:took from elder brother ). Other 2 from Discogs. All sound very good.

5111727D-2A99-4CA6-A9BD-B3A362D63F56.jpeg

Oh boy, that is awesome. What pressing is WITQM? I do have a British pressing and sounds really good but would like to hear the audiophile one as the COTC sound quality is mind blowing 

• Like 2

Kandace Springs - Soul Eyes. 33rpm on Blue Note. Beautiful album and a terrific recording too. Thanks John, @scuzzii for reminding me that I had this album tucked away here.:thumb:

Kandace Springs - Soul Eyes.JPG

• Like 4

Hi All,

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Ghosteen, LP #2 of 2

1587585187_NickCaveGhosteen.jpg.7061160a222b83e59058034d2d29996b.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5

Hi All,

Something I picked up at Aldi for $14 whilst shopping there earlier today, Tony Bennett, Smooth Operator. The SQ is quite good and overall an easy listen.

1473666672_TonyBennettSmoothOperator.jpg.6d8727f055193f199c603ef1e0d8214f.jpg

Tracklist
A1    Chicago    2:07
A2    Anything Goes    2:19
A3    Stranger In Paradise    3:04
A4    Jeepers Creepers    2:07
A5    I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face    3:05
A6    Ask Anyone In Love    2:39
A7    Pennies In Heaven (With Count Basie)    2:31
A8    With Plenty Of Money And You    1:36
A9    Marry Young    2:18
B1    Climb Ev'ry Mountain    2:21
B2    Till    3:00
B3    You'll Never Get Away From Me    2:05
B4    Growing Pains    2:38
B5    Come Next Spring    2:39
B6    Ramona    2:23
B7    I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan    1:45
B8    When I Fall In Love (With Count Basie)    2:17
B9    Poor Little Rich Girl    3:30

JJ

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Gary Rossington, Allen Collins, Billy Powell and Leon Wilkinson (all survivors of the 1977 Lynyrd Skynyrd plane tragedy) regroup under the Rossington Collins banner.

The Rossington Collins Band 'This is the Way' (1981)

P1070832.JPG.7fb07ee40bc3b1d46f241bf5624bb26f.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Something I picked up at Aldi for $14 whilst shopping there earlier today, Tony Bennett, Smooth Operator. The SQ is quite good and overall an easy listen.

Tracklist

JJ

Got the Beach Boys Album from Aldi's yesterday and sq is quite good on that one as well. For $10 you can't go wrong.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, needlerunner said:

After the various posts, re: Supertramp. It got me motivated to have a listen and reaquaint myself. I did back in the 70, have all the records from that decade, but off loaded when l went to cd in 1990 (yer l know). Anyway l never replaced them with the cd equivalent. So not heard them for nearly 40 years.

So have been streaming them the last couple of days. Long story short, wow. Forgotton how good they were. Loving Crime of the Century and Breakfast in America. So want to start buying vinyl copies.

I see that Crime of Century 40th Anniversary LP is still readily available and it's not expensive. Can anyone tell me what the SQ is like.

I know it is not audiophile quality, but does it sound similar to the original? Or can someone suggest something else that is not mega bucks.

Thank you.

Ken.

Hey Ken, I have the 40th Anniversary repress and the SQ is brilliant. You won't be disappointed. 

On 18/04/2020 at 1:10 PM, Janjuc said:

Hi All

With Windows, I take a photo,  then resize and save to desktop, then drag and drop to post.

JJ

Hi all,

for the past 4 or so months when i go to post i do not get a choose files; drag & drop option at the bottom of the window, instead there is a insert other media tab which only allow insert existing attachment,  or insert image from url. Can anyone explain how to get the insert other media drag & drop option back, it is the same situation on my android phone as well?

cheers,

Gary.

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
7 minutes ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Hi all,

for the past 4 or so months when i go to post i do not get a choose files; drag & drop option at the bottom of the window, instead there is a insert other media tab which only allow insert existing attachment,  or insert image from url. Can anyone explain how to get the insert other media drag & drop option back, it is the same situation on my android phone as well?

cheers,

Gary.

Like me you have probably used up your quota of photo uploads 

I have overcome it by using an external photo share site called Post Image 

All you need to do after uploading is paste the link on your posts 

https://postimages.org

39 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Like me you have probably used up your quota of photo uploads 

I have overcome it by using an external photo share site called Post Image 

All you need to do after uploading is paste the link on your posts 

https://postimages.org

Hi Full Range,

A photo upload quota, that would explain it, thanks. I will give the Post Image a go then.

Regards Gary 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Tracklist

JJ

yes also got this a couple of weeks ago at Aldi 

4 hours ago, Sceeta said:

Hey Ken, I have the 40th Anniversary repress and the SQ is brilliant. You won't be disappointed. 

Cheers Sceeta for replying. I took a punt and ordered this morning.  Mighty Ape have it going out for $22 for the vinyl copy. That's a bargain in anyone's book. Especially if a good production.

Mighty Ape are an Australian company. They don't stock a lot of what l like. But recently have picked up a Led Zep record and also a Donald Fagan LP at great prices.

Still waiting for them to arrive.

They are having an end of financial year sale. Plenty of bargains if they have your music.

mightyape.com.au/music.

• Like 2
On 09/06/2020 at 12:33 AM, needlerunner said:

After the various posts, re: Supertramp. It got me motivated to have a listen and reaquaint myself. I did back in the 70, have all the records from that decade, but off loaded when l went to cd in 1990 (yer l know). Anyway l never replaced them with the cd equivalent. So not heard them for nearly 40 years.

So have been streaming them the last couple of days. Long story short, wow. Forgotton how good they were. Loving Crime of the Century and Breakfast in America. So want to start buying vinyl copies.

I see that Crime of Century 40th Anniversary LP is still readily available and it's not expensive. Can anyone tell me what the SQ is like.

I know it is not audiophile quality, but does it sound similar to the original? Or can someone suggest something else that is not mega bucks.

Thank you.

Ken.

@needlerunner  If you want a Breakfast In America LP  ( ID  LP  L36715 )

I have 3 of them so if you want one I will give you one for free - just pay for postage 

The disk is VG+++ but the cover has a small water mark on the top left corner 

• Like 3

Hi All,

10 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have 3 of them so if you want one I will give you one for free - just pay for postage 

Great stuff 👍👍👍👍

Neutral Milk Hotel, In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

1699874801_NeutralMilkHotel.jpg.8c8c2e7b969cd087b26c71b825b3437c.jpg

JJ

• Like 2

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips Featuring The Colorado Symphony ‎– (Recorded Live At Red Rocks Amphitheatre), The Soft Bulletin 

563664116_FlamingLips.jpg.627d3ad9d159c1d6fc5944150e20e27a.jpg

JJ

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Full Range said:

FR, absolutely gob smacked that you would do that for me. Blown away actually by your gesture.

I actually ordered the 40th Anniversary Reissue yesterday, so while your kindness is very much appreciated, l will let it remain in your expansive collection.

Thank you my friend.

Ken👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl / Records (ONLY) - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic