Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Hi @keyse1

41 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Something to Tidal for you @YCC

Great female singer with a Rod The Mod type voice

72BAB08D-B6F1-44AA-B4D5-36CCB9CB1CD0.jpeg

56AEF5C5-6930-4DEB-9D95-E0996781C4CD.jpeg

I can vague remember her out front of a band called The Ten Wheel Drive, late 60s, early 70s, played a big, brassy jazz fusion / soul music.

JJ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @keyse1

I can vague remember her out front of a band called The Ten Wheel Drive, late 60s, early 70s, played a big, brassy jazz fusion / soul music.

JJ

That’s her

She was involved in the 70’s in the New York rock n roll scene and from memory produced some very early punk bands

Both great records and great singer

• Like 1

Depeche Mode ‎– Spirit - 2017 - the boys trying to still look kool.  Martin and David are kool and Fletch is just about the luckiest guy in the world to be best mates with M Gore and be in the band for 40 years with no talent - yes, quite envious ?

Uq0NVOb.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Holy crap bro!! Thank you deeply! Looking forward to the next gtg for another reason now :-))

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind. 33rpm remastered on Friday Music label. Very good pressing and an excellent job on remastering his 1970 release. Beautifully laid back folk album. @scuzzii:thumb:

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind.JPG

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind back coverJPG.JPG

such a haunting song, of pending relationship demise. 

I agree, they did a great job with this one.  There are a couple of versions around, one that doesn't have the title on the cover as well.  Both good but from memory this was the pick of the two for me..

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind (2015, 180 gram, Vinyl) | Discogs

Gordon Lightfoot - Sit Down Young Stranger (2013, Vinyl) | Discogs

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 4

Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown.

Excellent original Australian pressing from the 80's. Picked up recently in a bulk bundle, this has only been played a half a dozen times and is in near-perfect condition. Interestingly the vinyl is probably about 70g in gauge!

20210121_120801-01.jpeg

• Like 8

To Top