Vinyl - Currently Spinning

4 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Really digging it, never heard them before.  Watched a YouTube of them on Letterman,  wow.

Big Calm is even better on vinyl..  I have the cd, doubt it will be played again  :)

Hi John.

I referenced this to you the day it came out. Our indie tastes are pretty much aligned. The songs:

I Knew You and Waking just keep getting better. Have not ordered the LP yet. Must have for me now. I'm pretty restrictive in my vinyl choices, but have to have this one after repeated listens.

Another one is by a band called Nothing But Thieves. There latest recent release is an absolute pearler. Not sure if you are into them. But I'm betting you would like them also. So that one is also is a vinyl must have. Have got both their previous albums on vinyl. Great band from Essex UK.

Happy listening.

K

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scuzzii said:

This arrived today.

Nothing But Thieves  - Moral Panic.

F'ing awesome.   I'm a big fan of this band. The new release is perhaps their best. 

20201110_145556.jpg

Ha ha. WTF.

Have not been on this site since Sunday. So picked up where l left off. Just replied to your Future Island post, saying how great this band is (and if you like them). And how great this new album is. And here it is. Are we twins separated at birth or something? You are spot on when you say it's their best album.  Listening to it right now on Spotify. Lurrve it.

K

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, awayward said:

Sone rockin’ Ukulele tonight, and yes I did say rockin’ and ukulele in the one sentence.

E01A1F5A-04F4-4EF5-99D8-7148E7CF8B92.jpeg

He rocks all right!  He is so technically adept on a uke that when he plays fast he virtually synthesises another instrument! A remarkable talent.

Hi All,

David Bowie, Live In Japan 1990, LP #2 of 3

1103069451_DavidBowieLiveInJapan1990.jpg.fd814eb0abdefa24e245e258cd9de672.jpg

Tracklist:

C1    Blue Jean    3:13
C2    Let's Dance    4:38
C3    Stay    6:41
C4    China Girl    5:42
D1    Sound And Vision    3:24
D2    Ziggy Stardust    3:47
D3    Station To Station    8:06
D4    Young Americans    6:21

JJ

• Like 4

14 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Hi John.

I referenced this to you the day it came out. Our indie tastes are pretty much aligned. The songs:

I Knew You and Waking just keep getting better. Have not ordered the LP yet. Must have for me now. I'm pretty restrictive in my vinyl choices, but have to have this one after repeated listens.

Another one is by a band called Nothing But Thieves. There latest recent release is an absolute pearler. Not sure if you are into them. But I'm betting you would like them also. So that one is also is a vinyl must have. Have got both their previous albums on vinyl. Great band from Essex UK.

Happy listening.

K

Thanks Ken

yep our tastes are very much aligned.  

Nothing But Thieves is one of my fav bands and Broken Machine has been on high rotation for at least 2 years here.  Have posted it a few times.  One great album and well produced.

Just saw your follow up post about NBT, new album just as good as Broken Machine (at first play).  Will be a classic and widespread acclaim will follow I'm sure.

A slightly different style, but Jim Sullivan - UFO is high rotation for me.  discovered it through Vinyl me, Please  (along with Joerg Ben).  Great 70's music.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Jimi Hendrix at the Miami Pop Festival, LP #1 of 2

1864495983_HendrixMiamiPopfestival.jpg.75fe2a34a373d374af6f912aac4c0bd7.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    Introduction    1:54
A2    Hey Joe    6:22
A3    Foxey Lady    4:32
A4    Tax Free    8:44
B1    Fire    2:47
B2    Hear My Train A Comin'    7:59
B3    I Don't Live Today    4:50

JJ

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, YCC said:

Picked this up as I like bluegrass, even though I've never heard of C.C. before... very nice listen and well-recorded too.

IMG_20201111_133315025.jpg

Lot of famous players there

Tony Rice is considered one of the finest acoustic guitarist in country music

ie America

Likewise with Jerry Douglas on lap steel guitar and resonator guitar

It should sound good

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Lot of famous players there

Tony Rice is considered one of the finest acoustic guitarist in country music

ie America

Likewise with Jerry Douglas on lap steel guitar and resonator guitar

It should sound good

Yes indeed it does sound good, have to spin this more often, it's one of the many LP's that I often file away after purchase and forget about ?

• Like 1

Guest Old Man Rubber
2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Boz Scaggs, Silk Degrees

1871615361_BozScaggsSilkDegrees.jpg.4be6391d6bf61ded070594d11091bdf3.jpg

JJ

I love this album - my daughter has a vinyl copy as well in her small collection.  There is a live concert of his floating around that was released on DVD which, while not recorded in period, has some fine players on it, well worth digging up.  I also love the follow up ("Middle Man").  The original pressings are nice quality and fairly plentiful.

Hi All,

Steppenwolf, Their Great Hits

653847633_SteppenwolfGold.jpg.914a44f4982126da9275e5667ed7bd7e.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    Born To Be Wild    3:28
A2    It's Never Too Late    4:05
A3    Rock Me    3:39
A4    Hey Lawdy Mama    3:00
A5    Move Over    2:53
A6    Who Needs Ya    2:59
B1    Magic Carpet Ride    4:30
B2    The Pusher    5:43