Vinyl - Currently Spinning

33 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

wow....  $$$$$$$$$.  If you plan to sell, don't open. If you aren't looking to sell - enjoy it.  Even played NM would fetch $$

I've got most of the stuff on those 12" singles elsewhere anyway.

Don't get too excited. The one copy listed on Discogs is being listed at stupid, stupid money. It's not worth anywhere near that much.

3 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

The differences are the 'Live' album has the usual crowd noises, but quite limited, the songs are different due to some different artists bringing in a different sound / interpretation, slightly different 'shade' to the 'Live' version, due to the 'one take' as apposed to picking the 'best version' for the studio album. Though you can discern the differences they are both very good listening ????

Onto another great album, Marillion, Season's End

790507806_MarillionSeasonsEnd.jpg.65e3f2e1ee16f6d2c934875c26540889.jpg

JJ

Thanks mate for that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, awayward said:

The 20th Anniversary is a remix, so you might need the original also to get all the versions, I need to get the original.

Thanks awayward.

Had a listen to the origional last night. Not hearing a lot of difference. I think the remix may be a little more dynamic and it sounds better to me. But it is Spotify, so hard to tell.  The presentation appears to be the same. But I'm not ultra familiar with this album, so could be wrong. 

l think l would probably buy the 20th Anniversary one at this stage.

I am not one for buying multiple copies of the same album. I can understand why people do it, different tracks, collectables, and so forth. But for me, l would always play the best sounding copy...the rest would be obsolete.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hlov said:

Do you have another Supertramp from this serie?

Just these ones.

EITQM an audiophile pressing, however not the same series. COTC inherited,(read:took from elder brother ). Other 2 from Discogs. All sound very good.

5111727D-2A99-4CA6-A9BD-B3A362D63F56.jpeg

Edited by mattd2308
Info
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, TDK said:

I've got a sealed copy of this, I'm just not sure whether to open it and play it or not. It was tough to track down and wasn't cheap.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Art-Of-Noise-Daft-As-A-Brush/release/13491143

If you haven't realised, I'm a massive AON fan :)

And ZTT (generally) are one of my favourite labels.

R-13491143-1555362966-5392.jpeg.jpg

Open it and play it and enjoy it - Vinyl is meant to be loved ?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Linda Ronstadt, Lush Life

419336659_LindaRonstandt.jpg.ece5128fd6aa8d8abdd15749d0377477.jpg

JJ

I am watching a copy of this in Ebay - mainly because I adore the cover - but I did listen to the album on Spotify too and loved it. ✔️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

A pickup today. Not my favourite album but I enjoyed the spin 

Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballe, Barcelona

26D24093-1BF3-4728-B3CC-A7E9FE6EA182.jpeg

I have purchased this from US Amazon and it is on its way to me - I have all of Freddie's Solo works on CD so wanted to add this to my vinyl collection. I adore the original Barcelona album - but I believe this is different as they have added full orchestration (and Roger Taylors son drums on a couple of the tracks too) so shall be interesting. Freddie went way too soon, he was so suited to opera as well as being the Rock God he was ?

• Like 5

Prince Delivery today ? (and it was a big Purple one, others will have to wait until the weekend)

Prince

The Rainbow Children

Europe

I was so keen to hear it that I put it straight on the turntable without a spin clean - it is pretty much silent, no pops, clicks or surface noise.

Now I don't want to spin clean it as it is pretty much perfect - is that a bad thing?  Do I get kicked out of here for that?

First time I have played a new record without a dip in the bath first (now I feel guilty.........haha).

PS Came with a pretty slip mat too, but wont use that.

IMG_5126 copy.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, mattd2308 said:

Just these ones.

EITQM an audiophile pressing, however not the same series. COTC inherited,(read:took from elder brother ). Other 2 from Discogs. All sound very good.

After the various posts, re: Supertramp. It got me motivated to have a listen and reaquaint myself. I did back in the 70, have all the records from that decade, but off loaded when l went to cd in 1990 (yer l know). Anyway l never replaced them with the cd equivalent. So not heard them for nearly 40 years.

So have been streaming them the last couple of days. Long story short, wow. Forgotton how good they were. Loving Crime of the Century and Breakfast in America. So want to start buying vinyl copies.

I see that Crime of Century 40th Anniversary LP is still readily available and it's not expensive. Can anyone tell me what the SQ is like.

I know it is not audiophile quality, but does it sound similar to the original? Or can someone suggest something else that is not mega bucks.

Thank you.

Ken.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Prince Delivery today ? (and it was a big Purple one, others will have to wait until the weekend)

Prince

The Rainbow Children

Europe

I was so keen to hear it that I put it straight on the turntable without a spin clean - it is pretty much silent, no pops, clicks or surface noise.

Now I don't want to spin clean it as it is pretty much perfect - is that a bad thing?  Do I get kicked out of here for that?

First time I have played a new record without a dip in the bath first (now I feel guilty.........haha).

PS Came with a pretty slip mat too, but wont use that.

IMG_5126 copy.JPG

I don't even own a record cleaner April. But then all my records are newbies. I know that there can be some residue even on new records, but l don't get too hung up about it.

I just give them a going over with the carbon brush and then l use my deep cleaner velvet brush audio-technica liquid solution setup. Seems to do the trick. Though I can understand having a RC if you were buying a lot of 2nd handies. But my records go straight into their mofi sleeves, when l have finished playing and then back onto the vinyl shelf. My music room is relatively dust free, pet free and child free and no one touches my vinyl, but me. The windows are never opened and the window blinds are never opened, so not even sunlight.

All my records are pristine, never a finger print. And that is how it will always be. So l think l have got it covered. Though l think l will probably get a RC one day, as my collection grows, as l know records can deteriorate over the years.

• Like 2

Hi All,

11 hours ago, April Snow said:

I am watching a copy of this in Ebay - mainly because I adore the cover - but I did listen to the album on Spotify too and loved it. ✔️

You won't be disappointed if you get it. 

JJ

• Like 2

6 hours ago, needlerunner said:

I don't even own a record cleaner April. But then all my records are newbies. I know that there can be some residue even on new records, but l don't get too hung up about it.

I just give them a going over with the carbon brush and then l use my deep cleaner velvet brush audio-technica liquid solution setup. Seems to do the trick. Though I can understand having a RC if you were buying a lot of 2nd handies. But my records go straight into their mofi sleeves, when l have finished playing and then back onto the vinyl shelf. My music room is relatively dust free, pet free and child free and no one touches my vinyl, but me. The windows are never opened and the window blinds are never opened, so not even sunlight.

All my records are pristine, never a finger print. And that is how it will always be. So l think l have got it covered. Though l think l will probably get a RC one day, as my collection grows, as l know records can deteriorate over the years.

Thank you for your reply,  I have always put every record through the spin clean when it has arrived into the house - new or second hand and into a Mofi inner sleeve and Blake outer sleeve but I was so excited to  hear this one I just took a gamble, mainly because I have really bad luck with clear vinyl as it always seems to play noisy and have issues so I was impatient to see how these would be - but these played through pretty much perfect so I think don't mess that up by cleaning and maybe introducing static. But then I started to feel guilty (haha).

I would love a better cleaning system - a RCM with a Vac or ultrasonic - but no idea what one to get or how to set them up and I think I would need to be shown how to use it to be honest. The Spin Clean has been about as much as I can handle for now but I know that is not a perfect system either but it is better than none I guess.

I wish there was somewhere I could hire a Ultra Sonic to try.

?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mattd2308 said:

Just these ones.

Oh boy, that is awesome. What pressing is WITQM? I do have a British pressing and sounds really good but would like to hear the audiophile one as the COTC sound quality is mind blowing 

• Like 3