Vinyl - Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @April Snow

With regard to the Lady Gaga album, you could go to Officeworks and have them print a copy of the cover on 220GSM paper at 30cm sides, and use an antistatic sleeve for the album

JJ

Yes I will make up a mock one, we have big printers at work so I can sort something out. I have at the moment put the vinyl in to a Mofi inner sleeve and tucked it into a  White cardboard sleeve as well and put those in a Blake outer sleeve and popped some cardboard in the back for rigidity and slipped the plastic cover it did come with into the front. No big deal really - but it should have been released with a proper cover. It comes in three versions of the vinyl  one is the Milky white vinyl, one is the Silver & one is a Picture Disc - all packaged the same. 

It is weird though because the cover of the CD version is very dramatic and would have looked fantastic on a LP.

But the good news is the pressing itself is fantastic...........and I got it 20% off and nice to have a limited edition as the Milky White is the Standard.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

This (Australian) band has come across my radar several times recently and I received this album as a gift for my birthday this week. I really enjoyed the album.  Some of it was reminiscent of the Commitments.  

The Tesky Brothers, Run Home Slow

E7443666-2E77-4319-8CF1-3A77F160596C.jpeg

happy bday mate.  Grab their other release as well (orange vinyl rather than black)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scuzzii said:

happy bday mate.  Grab their other release as well (orange vinyl rather than black)

Agreed the black is not so good (also it has original slightly  different track list - orange is the Deluxe) - had to track my Orange off Amazon US, it is now elusive to get.

My original Black was full of white imperfections and deemed faulty by the seller so I had to send it back.

• Like 2

Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

USA & Europe 2019

2 x LP

Gatefold

180 Gram

I wanted to add some Carpenters to my collection so I previewed this Spotify and thought is sounded pretty sweet.

The orchestra does not over power Karen's vocals and sounds like she is standing there singing right with them. Richard oversaw the whole project and his midas touch is all over the album with the lovely arrangements but still sounds like original versions.

I shall add some original pressings to my collection too in time ...........can't wait for record fairs to start back up ?

IMG_5048.JPG

• Like 6

Karen Carpenter, my god what a voice. Such a sad story.

Apparently she had such a soft quiet voice that they had to put the microphones near to full gain in order to record her properly. She didn't like the limelight.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, April Snow said:

Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

USA & Europe 2019

2 x LP

Gatefold

180 Gram

I wanted to add some Carpenters to my collection so I previewed this Spotify and thought is sounded pretty sweet.

The orchestra does not over power Karen's vocals and sounds like she is standing there singing right with them. Richard oversaw the whole project and his midas touch is all over the album with the lovely arrangements but still sounds like original versions.

I shall add some original pressings to my collection too in time ...........can't wait for record fairs to start back up ?

IMG_5048.JPG

I just listened Superstar from that album on Tidal, very nice indeed. Where did u get it? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, April Snow said:

Agreed the black is not so good (also it has original slightly  different track list - orange is the Deluxe) - had to track my Orange off Amazon US, it is now elusive to get.

My original Black was full of white imperfections and deemed faulty by the seller so I had to send it back.

there's one still on Amazon au (though intl seller)

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/offer-listing/B07HGNRHY2/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hlov said:

I just listened Superstar from that album on Tidal, very nice indeed. Where did u get it? 

I got it from Amazon US - there is still a copy there for $46 if you wanted to add it to your collection. I really like the whole album and love the "Beatles" vibes in a couple of tracks too. The whole album flows nicely from one song to the other but Karen's Vocals are still the star (not the orchestra). I hope you pick up a copy.

PS the whole album is on Spotify if you want to hear the whole thing, I only have a free Spotty Account as I only use to preview albums and that is what I did first before laying out the cash  ?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I got it from Amazon US - there is still a copy there for $46 if you wanted to add it to your collection. I really like the whole album and love the "Beatles" vibes in a couple of tracks too. The whole album flows nicely from one song to the other but Karen's Vocals are still the star (not the orchestra). I hope you pick up a copy.

PS the whole album is on Spotify if you want to hear the whole thing, I only have a free Spotty Account as I only use to preview albums and that is what I did first before laying out the cash  ?

Thanks, I do have a Tidal subscription and will give it a go

• Like 2

Hi All,

David Bowie, Glastonbury 2000, LP #1 of 3

234203605_BowieGlastonbury2000.jpg.cc55caf08e29401b4ebd5b9d98b0bece.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    Introduction (Greensleeves)    1:48
A2    Wild Is The Wind    6:54
A3    China Girl    4:24
A4    Changes    3:40
B1    Stay    7:12
B2    Life On Mars?    4:42
B3    Absolute Beginners    7:50

JJ

• Like 4

America - View From The Ground.

This particular pressing (Japanese) is a lesson to audio engineers how music should be mastered.

EDIT: Who knew? A bunch of the songs on this LP were written by the little kid from "Lost in space", Billy Mumy. Danger Will Robinson!

Record_3.JPG

Edited by Guest