Vinyl - Currently Spinning

11 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Purchased 4 double albums today, this evening have been enjoying:

Madonna, Immaculate Collection

BD38718D-0F6C-446D-AB2C-8EB720B8C1B4.jpeg

Yasssssss !!!!!

I have the orginal 90s pressing of this and it is a ripper !!

If this is the re-issue how you find it?

Best version of Express Yourself on this album.

Enjoy ?

• Like 3

So this is J Mascis’s high school band... seriously.

Essentially, J was bored and decided to reform his high school band 30 odd(?) years later. Tracked down one of his buddies who miraculously had one of their tapes, and they set to ‘professionally’ (in the loosest possible use of the term) turning the demo into an album. One of the lads was awaiting parole, and that made it hard for him to travel once out, but they got there. World famous Outer Battery Records was engaged, so high profile was this.

I only got wind of it all as I frequented Thm Guitars in Brisbane - purveyor of obscure punk and alt-anything and weirdly mate’s with J via a unique ability to clone his favourite fuzz pedal when no one else could). There is a ‘Live at Tym records” I need to grab.

It’s like mudhoney covering a jam session of the Grateful Dead with special guest drug f***ed Jimi Page. I even reckon you could sell this to someone as an obscure side project of a few unnamed famous prog-blues band members and get away with it...  

4644F4B8-9754-4C14-8DC2-60ADC05C7BAC.jpeg

A15BFE26-83EB-4017-B6B9-A4B1455A90BB.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 5

I am presenting something special today 

Although it’s an unusual instrument it can also be said it’s hauntingly beautiful 

And this record will blow your socks off - and I must say that my speakers also loved this record 

Title - Gheorghe Zamfir ‎

Title - The Lonely Shepherd

3-B364-FBE-323-E-46-AD-8-D4-F-D14-A7-F96

The introduction to this video is just as good as the performance 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 3

Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams. Her 1977 recording remastered on a 2LP 45rpm cut by Analogue Productions. They've done a good job with this pressing and oh what a sweet voice Linda had...............................a nice way to kick off a Sunday afternoon.

Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams.JPG

• Like 8
  • Love 1

It’s a great Sunday arvo here in the bubble.

IMO, if you love the Beatles and remotely head into the audiophile world and don’t know where to start, you need 4 albums and a best of (unless you’re a freak for them).

1/ Any album before Rubber Soul, AAA mono

2/ and

3/ Rubber Soul and Revolver, AAA mono

4/ Sgt Pepper, AAA mono

5/ A well mastered best of/Beatles in mono

Rubber soul and Revolver are the fulcrum of the Beatles. They are the transition from Love me Do to Lucy. Any album prior (mixed with the best of) will get you your early Beatles; Sgt Pepper (mixed with the best of) will get you your concept album era + final years. 

Sure there are a few gaps, but at 50% the cost of having everything (which gets pricy in the AAA Beatles world), you get 90% of everything anyone except the most ardent Beatles diehard fan would listen to regularly. A streaming subscription or $50 word of CDs on Discogs fills in the rest (The MQA of Pepper is truly phenomenal).

Damn the sound of the Rickenbackers on this! The Beatles first foray out of ‘60s pop-rock and into some seriously amazing musical sensibilities.

EE8D73D2-7E28-4F69-B4D9-514A28A435F5.jpeg

3558C7A7-7823-45C4-B61C-7921CC2755ED.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

It’s a great Sunday arvo here in the bubble.

IMO, if you love the Beatles and remotely head into the audiophile world and don’t know where to start, you need 4 albums and a best of (unless you’re a freak for them).

1/ Any album before Rubber Soul, AAA mono

2/ and

3/ Rubber Soul and Revolver, AAA mono

4/ Sgt Pepper, AAA mono

5/ A well mastered best of/Beatles in mono

Rubber soul and Revolver are the fulcrum of the Beatles. They are the transition from Love me Do to Lucy. Any album prior (mixed with the best of) will get you your early Beatles; Sgt Pepper (mixed with the best of) will get you your concept album era + final years. 

Sure there are a few gaps, but at 50% the cost of having everything (which gets pricy in the AAA Beatles world), you get 90% of everything anyone except the most ardent Beatles diehard fan would listen to regularly. A streaming subscription or $50 word of CDs on Discogs fills in the rest (The MQA of Pepper is truly phenomenal).

Damn the sound of the Rickenbackers on this! The Beatles first foray out of ‘60s pop-rock and into some seriously amazing musical sensibilities.

EE8D73D2-7E28-4F69-B4D9-514A28A435F5.jpeg

3558C7A7-7823-45C4-B61C-7921CC2755ED.jpeg

Seriously wrong

Abbey Road Probably the best Beatle record and The White Album

Rubber Soul and Revolver

Sgt Peppers

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I am presenting something special today 

Although it’s an unusual instrument it can also be said it’s hauntingly beautiful 

And this record will blow your socks off - and I must say that my speakers also loved this record 

Title - Gheorghe Zamfir ‎

Title - The Lonely Shepherd

3-B364-FBE-323-E-46-AD-8-D4-F-D14-A7-F96

The introduction to this video is just as good as the performance 

One of my old man favourites. He gave me his copy last time I back home.

41345477-9E01-493B-BC7C-B170A9B8A288.thumb.jpeg.b000e82607084619561885cdc2427c8f.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Abbey Road Probably the best Beatle record and The White Album

These to me are the ‘final years’ Beatles... there’s some amazing stuff, and I’m not blowing smoke. For me, they’re just an inverted mirror of their early years - great songs surrounded by good songs.

This why it’s all prefaced with “IMO” and “to me”.

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

(or does anyone already have an answer?)

Hey Man, sorry no answer, but seriously interested in your thoughts post shootout.  Oz version is very tasty, I've nothing to compare with though.

It's one of my go to records for great sound, but not for everyone @furtherpale (haha)

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Forgot I had 3 versions of this, Jap, US & Aus so might do a shootout between the three and see which reigns supreme (or does anyone already have an answer?)

image.thumb.png.41d43b4666249706406c0eba1f6b0a6f.png

I have a British one and love it

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Man, sorry no answer, but seriously interested in your thoughts post shootout.  Oz version is very tasty, I've nothing to compare with though.

It's one of my go to records for great sound, but not for everyone @furtherpale (haha)

Recording, mastering, pressing wise it’s pure class... Like Da Vinci painted an abortion (the ‘90s snob is raging - apologies).

Edited by furtherpale
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Well my cloth ears and average system cannot detect any (if any) difference between them.  Case closed.

• Like 2

To Top