Hi All,

Procol Harum, Self Titled 50th Anniversary in Splatter Gray

506460269_ProcolHarumSelfTitled50thAnniversaryPlaying.jpg.be2b912f1a3593da0d177365c83cb1cf.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

Doug MacLeod - Come To Find. 45rpm 2LP on Analogue Productions label. I'm a Doug MacLeod tragic and have been for a long time and I basically love everything he does, but wow, haven't Analogue Productions done a fabulous job with this album...............the best I've heard Doug MacLeod sound without a doubt. Highly recommended if you're a blues fan.:thumb:

Doug MacLeod  - Come To Find.JPG

Doug MacLeod  - Come To Find. inside jacketJPG.JPG

Doug MacLeod  - Come To Find back cover.JPG

• Like 4

Hi All,

The Doors, Absolutely Live, 2017 Reissue, Remastered in Midnight Blue vinyl

29795312_TheDoorsAbsolutelyLive.jpg.2f1077cd8c748dd7ac44a22e1f2b21e8.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

Davey Graham  -  Dance For Two People.

The Godfather of British folk guitar. The guitarists' guitarist.

Page, Beck, Clapton, Martyn, Jansch were purportedly all in awe of his ability back in the day.

20201030_132721.jpg

Edited by Bisguittin
  • Like 3

20201030_140101_resized.thumb.jpg.7e23de9afeadd07dee6334c639a8cdf1.jpgThe Church - Gold Afternoon Fix.

Excellent pressing and great dynamic range. What an awesome band live. 

RSD20 "Gold" release. Looks orange to me. Think the work experience kid must have mixed the colours.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, rodders3 said:

20201030_140101_resized.thumb.jpg.7e23de9afeadd07dee6334c639a8cdf1.jpgThe Church - Gold Afternoon Fix.

Excellent pressing and great dynamic range. What an awesome band live. 

RSD20 "Gold" release. Looks orange to me. Think the work experience kid must have mixed the colours.

I think I've said it before - Magnificent turntable!!

• Like 4

Hi All,

Sade, Diamond Life from the Studio Albums Box Release

2058371501_SadeDiamondLifeBox.jpg.253efa146aca09947949f0a8a7f15e2c.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

Rodney Crowell - Ain't Living Long Like This. The backing musicians look like a who's who of country!

IMG_20201030_143018498.jpg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Full Range said:

Are you ready for some mystery 60s style 

First released in 1967 -  and as a TV musical with strange happenings during a bus tour 

Some of the bands best songs are on this record 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Musical Mystery Tour 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Magical-Mystery-Tour/release/6075230

B3-CB9-BAC-42-E6-4783-AFD3-07-EE7-B1-CB8

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Audio/Archive-Stereo-Review-IDX/IDX/60s/HiFi-Stereo-Review-1968-03-OCR-Page-0113.pdf
 Check this out

Very amusing

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

I hate to say it but...I actually agree with that review 🙂   I think it was over-exposure to the Beatles growing up but I just can't listen to any of it.  I feel like I'm missing out to a certain extent but there were so many bands that took that sound I don't tend to worry about it too much.  Their heir-apparents Badfinger are more palatable though.

• Like 1

'Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band Motion Picture Soundtrack'  .. Got this in a small bulk lot for $5 over a year ago.. Never seen the movie and not really a Beatles fan anyway. Just spinning it to get a grading for Discogs. Still has the undisplayed fold out poster, that must make it worth at least $5.50?

IMG_20201030_155306.thumb.jpg.95ae0a189e52441fa7bd91d73c75e43e.jpg

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, SkipEsquire said:

'Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band Motion Picture Soundtrack'  .. Got this in a small bulk lot for $5 over a year ago.. Never seen the movie and not really a Beatles fan anyway. Just spinning it to get a grading for Discogs. Still has the undisplayed fold out poster, that must make it worth at least $5.50?

IMG_20201030_155306.thumb.jpg.95ae0a189e52441fa7bd91d73c75e43e.jpg

Actually you should pay someone $50 to take it away😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

I hate to say it but...I actually agree with that review 🙂   I think it was over-exposure to the Beatles growing up but I just can't listen to any of it.  I feel like I'm missing out to a certain extent but there were so many bands that took that sound I don't tend to worry about it too much.  Their heir-apparents Badfinger are more palatable though.

I grew up on the Beatles 

Still love em and listen

I Am The Walrus is great

As are the others

but the addition of Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane only ever released as singles at that time makes it a great record

Those 2 songs were thrown out as singles to get a bit of cash while they were making Sgt Peppers

from memory

As for Badfinger I’ve never heard them I don’t think😀

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Actually you should pay someone $50 to take it away😀

Well I got a pair of original blue kangaroo AC/DC albums for $5 a piece in the same bulk lot so I think I did alright in the end. Sgt Peppers can live out it's life in the 'probably never listening to that again' shelf with Rocky Horror Picture Show and Rick Derringer lol

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

34 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

I grew up on the Beatles 

Still love em and listen

I Am The Walrus is great

As are the others

but the addition of Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane only ever released as singles at that time makes it a great record

Those 2 songs were thrown out as singles to get a bit of cash while they were making Sgt Peppers

from memory

As for Badfinger I’ve never heard them I don’t think😀

I am somewhat in the middle 

A love hate relationship with The Beatles is my experience 

I like some songs and dismiss others 

The ones I like most may not be on the radio station playlist 

On Magical Mystery Tour one of the best tracks to me is Fool On The Hill

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 3

Out here in the fields......

Who - Who's next 

MOV release,  1st notes have me very pleased 

20201030_182629.jpg

• Like 10

Manhattan Transfer, getting to know this LP again after a long time, still sounds fresh, very nice SQ.

IMG_20201030_182349531.jpg

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Out here in the fields......

Who - Who's next 

MOV release,  1st notes have me very pleased 

20201030_182629.jpg

Great album, it’s my favourite from them

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Now spinning another of the Mono series LPs by The Fab 4 

Probably the most Psycadelic album by the band 

I like the track Tomorrow Never Knows 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Revolver 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Revolver/release/6074863

20-AE1-D07-EA40-462-F-A3-A2-61755-BC6207

For someone who has a hit and miss relationship with the Beatles you sure have a lot of hits😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, keyse1 said:

For someone who has a hit and miss relationship with the Beatles you sure have a lot of hits😀

What can I say ? Except that I may only like one or two tracks off each album 

So I have a handful of the Mono releases and the rest are in stereo 

Plus a full Australian Gold box set still sealed

I purchased it new over 30 years ago 

• Like 2