23 minutes ago, turnthetable said:

And it never did kill it, I remember we used to buy a new LP and straight away record it to tape to be able to listen in the car and also reduce wear and tear on the new record (Oh, and to share with friends 😃)

I haven't seen that sleeve in real life before, this must be a pommy import I think - the local purveyor of records seems to source his stock from some odd places.   I think it was always the way that the biggest users of cassettes were people taping things for their own use, the actual amount of piracy amongst my friends was pretty low (other than dodgy cassettes from Bali if they were lucky enough to go for a holiday there)

• Like 3

Hi All,

New Order - Blue Monday - 2020 Remaster 45rpm 12" Single

454838573_NewOrder-BlueMonday-2020Remaster.jpg.51d494caf2455766bf670f977a49320a.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

Just arrived this morning :)

Normally it’s purely digital during the day (WFH), but had to spin it.

55242F6D-40B5-4EDD-88FD-0720C5865A2F.jpeg

1CA72862-DCF0-4E6F-AB71-0A523030B141.jpeg

Waiting for your pictures of your noodles dinner after all your purchases :)

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, hlov said:

Waiting for your pictures of your noodles dinner after all your purchases :)

Haha - I've not bought much in the last 6 months, so it's a bit of catch up, and the US purchases are landing all at once after the covid-typhoon cluster**** - wait until you see tomorrow's haul, which is a collection of stalled backorders form Discrepancy).

Edited by Billy Shears
  • Like 3

Hi All,

EOB (Ed O'Brien, Radiohead) his first studio album using the pseudonym of EOB, Earth 

2061408208_EOB-Earth.jpg.9d57482126a9626ccabc8f0051188d31.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

It looks like is male singers day.

Eric Clapton Unplugged, first German pressing, great album

C7FD368E-006A-44B3-898E-532118A3DEAB.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi All,

Playing through the recently released Sade Box Set of their six Studio Albums. I must say that they were some of the dirtiest, covered in bits of crud that I have ever received, obviously poor packaging quality control. Gave them a clean last night and they came up beautifully.

First up, in no particular order, Soldier Of Love

1068147411_SadeSoldierOfLoveBox.jpg.42b5c3068900667459a0dd7ec0c92185.jpg

JJ

• Like 6

'Thrillah' by Easy Star All-stars.. Not my favourite of theirs, and I don't really like Wacko Jacko at all but it was only $17 delivered..

IMG_20201029_160524.thumb.jpg.e83dacc6758eba4de975929b9587d784.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All,

Last spin before getting dinner ready, Russell Morris Van Dieman's Land

1260195422_RussellMorrisVanDiemansLand.jpg.b3ab76a5e01167ada78d482c6d070e22.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

Joe Satriani - Surfing with an Alien, I’d say this is just about my favourite rock guitar instrumental album.

44D162B6-6EEE-46C5-A7E1-992FCD1076F1.jpeg

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Bisguittin said:

The Long Riders Original Sound Track. A magnificent album with heavy Ry Cooder involvement.

20201029_145937.jpg

And a great movie

• Like 1

Janet Jackson

20 Y.O.

Original Pressing

US

More noodles for me - lovely mint copy.

IMG_6480.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 5

George Michael ‎– Older  - original Euro 1996 pressing.  Why this has not had a reissue on vinyl I have no idea.  Prices start at around 1K and go to over 2K.  crazy.  still not going to flip it thou :emot-bang:  I am tempted thou.

y5K7CaL.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, metal beat said:

George Michael ‎– Older  - original Euro 1996 pressing.  Why this has not had a reissue on vinyl I have no idea.  Prices start at around 1K and go to over 2K.  crazy.  still not going to flip it thou :emot-bang:  I am tempted thou.

y5K7CaL.jpg

Is this the album that has Roxanne? 

This just sounds marvellous, haven’t played the MoFi yet to compare

I wish to be able to find the half speed version of Turnstiles 

470B9558-E85A-485E-A0F9-9E5679403C41.jpeg

• Like 5

Music from MONKEY GRIP by Divinyls.

I paid too much for this yesterday but what the hell.

The catalog number cracked me up - "MONKEY-1".  You would think the over-familiar "Boys in town" would grate but hearing it spit and pop out of the original EP instead of farting through FM radio in the car is refreshing, gives the track that real edge of excitement and you can really discern the breathy vocals and the punch of the drums.  Classic Australian pub rock and a little bit of movie history.  Skip the movie though it's...a little snapshot of the period but not terribly well made.  I figure the book must be better.

20201030_085052.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Continuing from yesterday, Sade, Love Deluxe

1064791018_SadeLoveDeluxeBox.jpg.903cda5ebb6d10f1a288241cd9d32760.jpg

JJ

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Continuing from yesterday, Sade, Love Deluxe

1064791018_SadeLoveDeluxeBox.jpg.903cda5ebb6d10f1a288241cd9d32760.jpg

JJ

Oh boy, you are playing them in the same order I did. Any particular reason? I did it because I didn’t have the last ones and then want to comprare the sound quality with my fist pressings

• Like 1

Are you ready for some mystery 60s style 

First released in 1967 -  and as a TV musical with strange happenings during a bus tour 

Some of the bands best songs are on this record 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Musical Mystery Tour 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Magical-Mystery-Tour/release/6075230

B3-CB9-BAC-42-E6-4783-AFD3-07-EE7-B1-CB8

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim. 45rpm on Audio Clarity label. A beautiful production, recording and performance, with Sinatra definitely in a different mood to normal for him.

Sinatra and Antonio Carlos Jobim.JPG

• Like 5

Hi All,

19 minutes ago, hlov said:

Oh boy, you are playing them in the same order I did. Any particular reason? I did it because I didn’t have the last ones and then want to comprare the sound quality with my fist pressings

Not really, that is just how they ended up stacked after being cleaned and given a decent inner sleeve, were yours covered in bits of vinyl and just generally dirty?

A change now from Sade to Joe Walsh, The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get

1148150082_JoeWalshTSYDTPYG.jpg.1f62d392fedb6fa7c71b4d873b0bf3c3.jpg

JJ

• Like 4
  • Love 1