Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blondie The Best of Blondie Australia 1981  

The Beatles Abbey Road Japan 1976 NM with OBI & Insert   Discogs say this is one of the best pressings, and it does sound pretty FAB !!  

Last one from the Prince Sign O the Time deluxe  13 x LP box set   Just got the DVD to watch now     

Hi All

Moving onto Jimi Hendrix Experience, Axis Bold As Love

1049948198_JimiHendrixExperienceAxisBoldAsLove.jpg.d20561068c8ec76a61fb1ee0bcda613e.jpg

JJ

• Like 9

Lots of deliveries today.

This is one of them. My first Simply Vinyl release. I read there are a few fakes out there, so was as careful as I could be in getting this release.

Im only playing at low level to see if noisy but sounds very good SQ wise. 

Eurythmics 

20201019_154710.jpg

20201019_154717.jpg

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 7

Hi All,

Depeche Mode : Remixes 81 -11 Box Set LP # 5 of 6

313222827_DepecheModeRemixes81-11.jpg.676ef0f9c3cae6667fe9f8b845af6574.jpg

Tracklist:

I1    Personal Jesus (Alex Metric Remix Edit)    3:27
I2    Never Let Me Down Again (Eric Prydz Remix)    7:01
I3    Behind The Wheel (Vince Clarke Remix)    6:42
J1    Leave In Silence (Claro Intelecto 'The Last Time' Remix)    4:56
J2    In Chains (Alan Wilder Remix)    7:17
J3    When The Body Speaks (Karlsson + Winnberg Remix)    6:55

JJ

• Like 5
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Lots of deliveries today.

This is one of them. My first Simply Vinyl release. I read there are a few fakes out there, so was as careful as I could be in getting this release.

Im only playing at low level to see if noisy but sounds very good SQ wise. 

Eurythmics 

20201019_154710.jpg

20201019_154717.jpg

John.  one thing Simply Vinyl had was excellent pressings.      What source they used for those excellent pressings was always some really good hits and a few misses.

• Like 1

Another of today's new arrivals 

Had never one of his releases before.  There will be more to come.

Just the standard Impulse release from a few years back (was guided by reviews on what pressing to get).

Very pleased with this.

Johnny Hartman 

20201019_161044.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Change of pace.

One you would like Ken @needlerunner

Thanks for this one @Doppelganger. It is big, raw and a great pressing. Music is excellent 

Coriky 

20201019_163156.jpg

Not heard of them. Will have a listen. When l saw the title, l thought it was a record by Steve Irwin.😃

Liking the 1st song...a lot going on.

Great drumming.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Delivered over the weekend. MOV release. Sounds very nice indeed. Foot tapping away.

MOV have done a good job with this IMO.

Wolfmother 

20201019_165226.jpg

• Like 8
On 18/10/2020 at 8:41 AM, April Snow said:

Had to stretch the meal out ........... hahahhaahaaa

Should have cut it in half April (2 meals there) you glutinous wench...you.😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 18/10/2020 at 1:46 PM, April Snow said:

hahahhaaa you have to run an extra 14 kms for that as punishment !! 

Get this April (a certain irony here) that is just what l did yesterday. Thought l would finish off by running up some stairs (up to a lookout) and have torn a thigh muscle. Didn't feel too bad at the time, but as l cooled down...bloody agony.  On the couch today, can't even weight bear.  Teach me to run foul of the vinyl Gods.😫

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 3:54 PM, KRSDarwin said:

Continuing on with my retro afternoon

1981 ... Rocks on

43064F82-D4F9-4777-8ADD-729BE6BA25D6.jpeg

image.jpg

Nice to see my ex amp with the Earle Weston upgrades going strong.

Sadly the custom D Class built for me by SNA @mwhouston was destroyed in the bushfires .

• Like 4
1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

Should have cut it in half April (2 meals there) you glutinous wench...you.😅

Such a good idea - in fact, I could cut in half lengthways and across ways and get FOUR meals  - 

2 x Chips will do me a week !!

hahahahahaha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

Get this April (a certain irony here) that is just what l did yesterday. Thought l would finish off by running up some stairs (up to a lookout) and have torn a thigh muscle. Didn't feel too bad at the time, but as l cooled down...bloody agony.  On the couch today, can't even weight bear.  Teach me to run foul of the vinyl Gods.😫

Oh you poor thing.......... I recommend a good Scotch and Netflix for recovery !!

• Like 2

Joy Division ‎– Closer - 2007 analog remaster from the original tapes  - the best pressing I have ever heard from Rainbow.  prompted by @Hydrology to spin this classik.

OqZlH2z.jpg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, April Snow said:

Such a good idea - in fact, I could cut in half lengthways and across ways and get FOUR meals  - 

2 x Chips will do me a week !!

hahahahahaha

You could get more meals out of it if you turned it into Gnocchi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Telecine said:

You could get more meals out of it if you turned it into Gnocchi.

I am so proud of you all, you are such a creative bunch 🤣 

who needs Gordon Ramsay when I have you all 🥰

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just arrived today, mint Japanese pressing.

Sounds very good, very happy ❤️🙏

B77DD856-841E-4883-844A-D89A46754CF6.jpeg

Edited by Mendes
Pic...
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, eman said:

Nice to see my ex amp with the Earle Weston upgrades going strong.

Sadly the custom D Class built for me by SNA @mwhouston was destroyed in the bushfires .

Howdy @eman, good to hear from you. The amp is sounding sweet and still delivering great service, along with the other components.  I am sorry to hear about the loss of your replacement amp in the bushfires. I have @mwhouston retro-thermonic "Calibre 318SE" tube MM phono preamp and it is a real pleasure.

Cheers

• Like 6

Sade Love Deluxe from the box set. I’m surprised that they didn’t include the extended version of Smooth Operator 

30F51312-A208-49AC-BEBF-7B5B0456D179.jpeg

• Like 7

_20201020_125540.thumb.JPG.39f9dc2be5d3fdd68070535f16d1f75d.JPG

Etta James - "Peaches" (1971 - 2LP)

I'm a soul and R&B fan so I should know Etta James better, but so far I only have this and a similar digital compilation, Her Best. Still this is a pretty superb collection. Most of the classics are here: At Last, I'd Rather Go Blind, Stop The Wedding, Tell Mama, Sunday Kind of Love. The only big omission I can think of off the top of my head is In the Basement, but as I said I don't know her really well. 

I bought this at Velvet Fog in Katoomba, must be going on 10 years ago. Do we have any Blue Mountains folk here? Does any one know if it's still there? It was a fun place to browse for records, not cheap, but a large interesting selection, well described and graded. 

• Like 6

Hi All,

The Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour LP, had the double EP back in the day, but now it has gone to wherever old, lost vinyl goes.

1761500594_BeatlesMagicalMysteryTour.jpg.da2f07b6bbb6c9faae7191a1668ce430.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 10

Hi All,

Pink Floyd, The Division Bell, Picture Disc. Sounds good for a picture disc.

2018970529_PinkFloydDivisionBell.jpg.3966e2b2528708f91454f6c103c14066.jpg

JJ

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, Bisguittin said:

Just noticed Graham parting his hair on the other side 🙂

I love trivia 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Bisguittin said:

Just noticed Graham parting his hair on the other side 🙂

4 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

I love trivia 

They probably inverted / reversed the photo