Janelle Monae - Dirty Computer. I had been thinking to buy this a few months ago, got distracted by other schtuff, then today by chance saw and snapped it up.  As they say on Triple J.... "language warning" ...not for those easily offended but IMO a true artistic album, she really puts it out there....intelligent, provocative, feminist, funky, spunky and reflective.  A nicely finished gatefold, quality inner sleeves, double LP running at 45rpm, for me a stone cold bargain at $35 😎

IMG_5160.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blondie The Best of Blondie Australia 1981  

The Beatles Abbey Road Japan 1976 NM with OBI & Insert   Discogs say this is one of the best pressings, and it does sound pretty FAB !!  

Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits Europe 2018 2 x LP 180g    

14 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

Janelle Monae - Dirty Computer. I had been thinking to buy this a few months ago, got distracted by other schtuff, then today by chance saw and snapped it up.  As they say on Triple J.... "language warning" ...not for those easily offended but IMO a true artistic album, she really puts it out there....intelligent, provocative, feminist, funky, spunky and reflective.  A nicely finished gatefold, quality inner sleeves, double LP running at 45rpm, for me a stone cold bargain at $35 😎

And one of Prince's proteges 💜

I must pick this up myself on vinyl as Prince's influences are all over this album - particularly "Make Me Feel" which he gave her the hook for....... (thank you for the reminder ✔️)

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, proftournesol said:

Have you heard the new Mildlife album?

only a few times off Spotify 

has the same slick coolness but need a few more proper listens to make up my mind

• Like 1

Second time I have posted about this, but I feel it is my civic duty to promote this gal to the limit of my abilities. I cannot get enough of this album!!!!   Gin Wigmore - Ivory.

20201009_181540.jpg

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, April Snow said:

And one of Prince's proteges 💜

I must pick this up myself on vinyl as Prince's influences are all over this album - particularly "Make Me Feel" which he gave her the hook for....... (thank you for the reminder ✔️)

100% 👍 - i had thought about saying that Prince fans should check this album out. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, metal beat said:

I do have original US pressings of Nevermind and In Utero.   Both sound amazing.

Nevermind original US pressing wipes the arrse of the Mofi release. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree!!!

I moved the US 1st press (and the ORG - but I have the Pallas ORG stamper version with the dead wax ID X’d out).

• Like 2

Hi All,

Steven Stills and Judy Collins, Everybody Knows.

1076697744_StillCollinsEverybodyKnows.jpg.7e4b52a7cd07113b54e66e97f7403db2.jpg

• Like 6
On 10/05/2020 at 4:26 PM, lenticularis said:

On the other hand, I have hardly played my triple set of The Last Waltz, although also bought many years ago.

76372E91-1329-4BBE-A711-10694C4CC963.jpeg

Hello @lenticularis... is this the original edition released with the movie? How's the SQ? cheers...Yee

• Like 4

Hi All,

Linda Ronstadt, Simple Dreams, 40th Anniversary Remaster.

578152191_LindaRonstadtSimpleDreams40thAnniversary.jpg.fab8e2bcffdbaef5b205f8c3d229462a.jpg

JJ

• Like 6

7 hours ago, YCC said:

Hello @lenticularis... is this the original edition released with the movie? How's the SQ? cheers...Yee

Yes, I believe it is because I would have bought it in the late 70s (see edit 5 hrs later).

Sound quality sounds fine to me, however I may not be a great judge! 

My TT setup is a Rega P3, with Exact cartridge and an iFi iPhono phono pre-.

Edited by lenticularis
1978 release confirmed!
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, lenticularis said:

Yes, I believe it is. Sound quality sounds fine to me, however I may not be a great judge!  My TT setup is a Rega P3, with Exact cartridge and an iFi iPhono phono pre-.

@lenticularis thanks... there's been a number of editions, including a 40th anniversary set...  the hunt is on!

Hi All,

Joni Mitchell, Love Has Many Faces. LP #3 of 8

Joni.jpg.f49483c86333e665c114efcec8e6bd17.jpg

Act 2 : The Light Hard To Find
E1    Court And Spark    
E2    Not To Blame    
E3    Nothing Can Be Done    
E4    Comes Love    
E5    Trouble Child    
F1    No Apologies    
F2    Moon at The Window    
F3    Blue    
F4    Tax Free

JJ

• Like 4

Hi All,

The Apples In Stereo, Travellers In Space and Time, Psychedelic Rock, similar to late /mid 60s Beatles and The mid 60s Beach Boys

1658652797_ApplesInStereoTravellersInSpaceandTime.jpg.46c995d84d0349fbe303bd58d8bd1f75.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

This album means I can only buy noodles again this week 🤣

Kylie

Light Years

Sainsbury LTD exclusive - 2500 pressed

the one and only pressing of this lovely album

Managed to pick up a sealed copy from UK. 

https://www.discogs.com/Kylie-Minogue-Light-Years/release/12047699

IMG_6390.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

@April Snow nice, but i was thinking to hit "Report post" because it should have been posted over in coloured vinyl currently spinning 😁

• Like 1

R.I.P EVH.

Van Halen.

Looney tunes , not for sale Promo 5 track red vinyl disc sent out to radio stations in January 1978  to promote the upcoming release of the first Van Halen lp.

Great sound on this disc.

20201010_122131.jpg

20201010_123210.jpg

Edited by MarkT
  • Like 5

Heart - Little Queen, I very nice used find this morning, half speed mastered by CBS Master Sound 1977

BFB7877E-510E-468A-AC9C-ED12538DC51E.jpeg

Edited by awayward
  • Like 7

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips new release, American Head, an album, much like 'The Lips', that has received extreme reviews, from 2 Stars at The Guardian, to an average score of  81 at Metacritic 

22015747_FlamingLipsAmericanHead.jpg.5a0d021370cdc1dadcd143aa44e5d0e1.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips new release, American Head, an album, much like 'The Lips', that has received extreme reviews, from 2 Stars at The Guardian, to an average score of  81 at Metacritic 

22015747_FlamingLipsAmericanHead.jpg.5a0d021370cdc1dadcd143aa44e5d0e1.jpg

JJ

How do YOU rate it JJ?

• Like 1

0D5A39C0-FB64-4C48-B6A9-F3503A1EEBE0.thumb.jpeg.de302dfd339421aa87bf10ead53b3cfd.jpeg

The Wallflowers - Bringing Down The Horses

2016 20th Anniversary First Time on Vinyl 

I avoided this because of the URP pressing but I shouldn’t have. By no means perfect sounding but very enjoyable. Surprisingly a very quiet pressing! Apparently it was recorded in analogue but the overdubs were mixed through digitally so abundant of analogue goodness still... If you like this album you should give this a go...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, 2Brix said:

IMG_5160.jpg

Excellent album @2Brix 

This one has had a lot of play at our place, as have all of hers, she's a favourite of parents and kids. I got the impression that quite a lot of people were disappointed by Dirty Computer. I'm not sure why? Too pop, too profane, too personal, too political? I think it's great for all those reasons. I hope she gets back to the Cindi Mayweather story at some point but this felt like the right album for her to make at the time. The sequencing is so good, it just flows within and between tracks from hook to rap to song. Can't wait to hear whatever she does next.

• Like 3

Hi @Bisguittin

1 hour ago, Bisguittin said:

How do YOU rate it JJ?

I find it as good as 'The King's Mouth', and 'Death Tripping At Sunrise', to me and a lot of others, 'Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots' is their best, I also rate 'Once Beyond Hopelessness' and 'At War With The Mystics'. 

I think this is at a level just below those, but if you like their music, you will enjoy this.

Now a last one before prepping dinner,  Linda Ronstadt, Greatest Hits.

999991779_LindaRonstadtGreatisthits.jpg.de4867a633e1793481d27f642852fba8.jpg

JJ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36547969-5FDF-4C88-B518-BC315A44A71E.thumb.jpeg.816612edd1601e15980ba644a91d2529.jpeg

Ásgeir – Sátt 2020

Ásgeir Trausti’s third album Bury The Moon.in its Icelandic mother tongue.

I have both his debut In The Silence  and Dýrð Í Dauðaþögn. Ended up playing the later mostly so this time just Icelandic. It just seems to have more in his voice although I have no idea what he is singing about. 😁

Grab it now it’s only $17.74 on Amazon!

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 2

This use to belong to my brother, use to play it and copped a few thumps for touching his stuff. When he left home he gave it to me saying you obviously like it more than me....and I still do.

20201010_173656.jpg

• Like 9