Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

The Mo-Fi decks sound superb and look great as well. Possibly one of the more under rated decks around.

Hi All,

Kate Bush, Before The Dawn Live from 2014, LP # 1 - Act1

1643303469_BeforetheDawnKateBush.jpg.58e26dac01a04f547219d4e7186b413e.jpg

Tracklist Act I:
A1    Lily    
A2    Hounds Of Love    
A3    Joanni    
A4    Top Of The City    
B1    Never Be Mine    
B2    Running Up That Hill    
B3    King Of The Mountain

JJ

Rolling Stones

Through the Past, Darkly 

Decca

UK

I am a little obsessed with "She's a Rainbow" ..... so beautiful.

IMG_4179.JPG

Motorhead 'Bomber' (1979)

P1070509.JPG.7207f2b61bea51ca541f5e0e3c1e21ab.JPG

Marvin Gaye in the 80s. I don’t know how the music business works but I believe that most of the artists from 60s and 70s “were forced” to play that style of music during those days. Aretha, Steve Wonder, Herbie Hancock, Santan and I think I heard a Neil Young album with that style.

Saying that, this album is quite nice and sounds really good.

F823A59D-D481-40E7-BCEC-9EA4762EAD2C.jpeg

One of my favourite singers, the great Cat Stevens - New Masters Oz pressing

This album has the song The first cut is the deepest that has been covered by many artists 

59D65D45-387A-4A4B-9BAF-0FD6DD33B44B.jpeg

Recent acquisition run through US RCM with excellent results given the flimsy vinyl

31312AC2-167E-4879-9DDF-D3D3ABACE9F7.jpeg

3 hours ago, rantan said:

The Mo-Fi decks sound superb and look great as well. Possibly one of the more under rated decks around.

You are absolutely right rantan.

When l enquired through StereoNet about this tt, l had virtually had no response. So no feed back on anyone purchasing or even having listened to one.

I had one person who contacted me and said based on my glowing report, he said he was going to listen to one.  He did, and promptly bought one. I believe he had a high end Project tt. He later messaged me in private to tell me how good this tt is.

My believe is that you would have to spend 10k to better it...yep, underated indeed.

A recent acquisition.  I was reluctant because I often find live albums disappointing for sq but went with it on the basis of the songs and have really enjoyed it

Jeff Lynne’s ELO, Wembley or Bust

FE222E54-E5D3-4F87-A116-3DEF4B52DCA4.jpeg

Ok I know this is all sorts of wrong, but this K-Tel pickup looks like it has never been played and after a run through the US RCM the songs are oh so great 

E275DCFF-FBAE-4E9D-92B7-03D328D91D05.jpeg

A961FC7E-5596-44AA-B1F9-FB88223190B3.jpeg

A2014AB0-68EB-46AD-A2BF-395D9FB87478.jpeg

1 hour ago, KRSDarwin said:

A recent acquisition.  I was reluctant because I often find live albums disappointing for sq but went with it on the basis of the songs and have really enjoyed it

Jeff Lynne’s ELO, Wembley or Bust

FE222E54-E5D3-4F87-A116-3DEF4B52DCA4.jpeg

Still awaiting my JB delivery.

The Roger Waters live version equivalent of The Wall Live ordered at the same time, recently received was; l found, equally stunning in sq. I too, was blown away by the sound quality for a live album. After a couple of listens, l think l actually prefer it to the PF origional.

If the ELO is as good, I guess it will be worth the wait. I also have a Status Quo live album coming also.

Live recordings have come along way. I usually don't touch them.

But the Marillion Live/Steven Wilson Live at Albert Hall changed all that for me.

Check out Waiting For Columbus by Little Feat, one of the best live albums you will hear!! 

A bit cold today so wearing my long Batman PJs, ready to kick of my record spinning for the day 

575F009F-0103-4C4D-91BF-ABA622747922.jpeg

Hi All,

The Eagles Greatest Hits

888580370_EaglesGreatestHits.jpg.6c1ecd3652e32b2676991bfd7fdea066.jpg

JJ

16 hours ago, hlov said:

Marvin Gaye in the 80s. I don’t know how the music business works but I believe that most of the artists from 60s and 70s “were forced” to play that style of music during those days. Aretha, Steve Wonder, Herbie Hancock, Santan and I think I heard a Neil Young album with that style.

Saying that, this album is quite nice and sounds really good.

F823A59D-D481-40E7-BCEC-9EA4762EAD2C.jpeg

What style is that?

6 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

What style is that?

I'm curious too @hlov. They're a diverse group of artists you've mentioned there and just to take Neil Young as an example, I can't imagine him doing any particular style of music because someone forced him to. 

Cheers,

Keith

Hi All,

The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Are You Experienced

595476075_HendrixAreYouExperienced.jpg.d72e6268775de0f0baf1d599dad03920.jpg

JJ

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

I'm curious too @hlov. They're a diverse group of artists you've mentioned there and just to take Neil Young as an example, I can't imagine him doing any particular style of music because someone forced him to. 

Cheers,

Keith

I called 80s music, kind of pop. I.e. Aretha Freeway of Love, Stevie Wonder Part time lover, Santana Say it again 

H

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

The Eagles Greatest Hits

888580370_EaglesGreatestHits.jpg.6c1ecd3652e32b2676991bfd7fdea066.jpg

JJ

Interesting, I have a greatest hits but is a red cover

13 minutes ago, hlov said:

I called 80s music, kind of pop. I.e. Aretha Freeway of Love, Stevie Wonder Part time lover, Santana Say it again 

H

Almost no rock n roll band from the 60’s or 70’s survived into the 80’s with their artistic reputation intact

A combination of being older  and less creative in a right now sense and lifestyle behaviour of the 70’s catching up with their creativity 

Lost the plot in a phrase

No record company could tell people like Neil Young or Dylan or ex Beatles how to make a record

80’s music was awful in the popular domain with exceptions 

Lot of great music being made but a long way from popular

but that started in the 70’s with the death of djs and their replacement with corporate radio and the sterilisation of rock n roll 

10 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Almost no rock n roll band from the 60’s or 70’s survived into the 80’s with their artistic reputation intact

A combination of being older  and less creative in a right now sense and lifestyle behaviour of the 70’s catching up with their creativity 

Lost the plot in a phrase

No record company could tell people like Neil Young or Dylan or ex Beatles how to make a record

80’s music was awful in the popular domain with exceptions 

Lot of great music being made but a long way from popular

but that started in the 70’s with the death of djs and their replacement with corporate radio and the sterilisation of rock n roll 

I think you understand what I mean, actually found Neil Young album that I was referring to, it’s called Trans. I saw it on my local record shop once and I asked the seller to play it for me and the two songs I heard had lots of synths. 

Gato Barbieri - Last Tango in Paris OST, superb USA pressing.

@cheekyboy you were absolutely right about the stands, just by having one speaker higher it makes a big difference, have to buy a new printer for having matching stands :)

5AF79EC8-EA26-4FAC-A575-C50CDEC42519.jpeg

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, hlov said:

I think you understand what I mean, actually found Neil Young album that I was referring to, it’s called Trans. I saw it on my local record shop once and I asked the seller to play it for me and the two songs I heard had lots of synths. 

Hello hlov, that is interesting and I don't claim to own every Neil Young album, but I'm reasonably up to date with his discography and I've never heard of a Neil Young album called Trans. Do you have a label and maybe a year it was released?

Edit: Did find it..................Geffen label in 1982. Will try and have a listen.

Edit 2: Just reading about this Trans album, I doubt he was told what to do by the record label, but rather many of the songs were recorded in that way in an attempt by him to communicate with his disabled son.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

4 minutes ago, hlov said:

I may be wrong about this but I think that was about trying to communicate with his son 

I know he took up model trains in a huge way and created a way for his son to control them

i suppose I could just google it for certainty 😀

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, hlov said:

Gato Barbieri - Last Tango in Paris OST, superb USA pressing.

@cheekyboy you were absolutely right about the stands, just by having one speaker higher it makes a big difference, have to buy a new printer for having matching stands :)

5AF79EC8-EA26-4FAC-A575-C50CDEC42519.jpeg

I'm not surprised it sounds a little better and at a minimum, what you need is another printer box for your LHS loudspeaker!:lol:

All jokes aside though, they look to be about 2 metres apart now, centre to centre, but they do look like they could be a bit higher. A set of stands that gets the tweeter at around 90cm would be ideal and my guess the top of each stand will need to be 65 - 70cm from the floor to achieve that.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy