Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

Spinning a classic from the NWOBHM.

Tank 'Filth Hounds of Hades' (1982) Produced by Fast Eddie from Motorhead.

P1070580.JPG.ab405702347c33e9437d3bdd62826fdf.JPG

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips, Oh My Gawd Reissue

Gawd.jpg.0058e0a6f40b8bf29dea33ba2af58f19.jpg

JJ

Amazing Japanese pressing of a great album

DDF9D877-EC29-4D5E-B80E-64B629105AA0.jpeg

Morning All,

Public Service Broadcasting, Every Valley

Denon.jpg.be5f819922ee8a393ac3c99768ee0442.jpg

JJ

Hi All,

Radiohead, Amnesiac

Amnesiac.jpg.88e2491ce3c6141ea185bc2804c7c874.jpg

JJ

Hi All,

Radiohead, In Rainbows

Rain.jpg.12087937457c6f0697998b3d0631d6fc.jpg

JJ

Can’t say I’m a devoted of this  artist but one can’t deny that this album is pretty good 

My kids ( when young ) used to watch a movie of this album 

Artist - Michael Jackson 

Title - Thriller 

492BAB87-7F18-4212-8372-91A63DC5BFEA.jpeg

Hi All,

Now for some Claypool Lennon Delirium until dinner is ready

CLD.jpg.699c42e649b828f5e5eb4538e348c399.jpg

Claypool.jpg.3ba0bcb9f67d651bddc9eb5a41b63e3c.jpg

JJ

Looks like Mrs Esquire is in a DJ mood this evening;

Earlier
92076865_photo3(7).thumb.JPG.07ed0a88555a6a7e5ba08b1ece4aabe0.JPG

Now

642228724_photo3(14).thumb.JPG.35114a0994cffcc1aa69cb293e58b598.JPG

4 hours ago, SkipEsquire said:

Looks like Mrs Esquire is in a DJ mood this evening;

Earlier
92076865_photo3(7).thumb.JPG.07ed0a88555a6a7e5ba08b1ece4aabe0.JPG

Now

642228724_photo3(14).thumb.JPG.35114a0994cffcc1aa69cb293e58b598.JPG

Saw the Amy Winehouse doco last year. Heart breaking, but a must see. Unbelievable talent.

I believe this has been described as 90s slacker rock, a great listen

Dope Lemon (Angus Stone), Smooth Big Cat

DD9B09DA-A492-4F60-9577-98A709F4BBD8.jpeg

From the new to the very very old. Many short recordings of singing, chanting with clapping sticks and often the didgeridoo 

Indiana University, Archives of Folk and Primitive Music, Ethnomusicological Series (1964), Songs of Aboriginal Australia and Torres Strait

5E7448B0-52A6-432D-93AA-1121BCA249B7.jpeg

Now that’s something new 👌

Although I knew such records existed 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By grorr76
      Item: Various lps
      Price:  as listed see listing
      Item Condition: see listing
      Reason for selling: downsizing collection
      Payment Method: PayPal only
                                           NO PICKS UPS Shipping $15 australia wide per order

Extra Info:

MOFI Bill Evans one step pressing portrait of jazz 2 LP box set $199 (sold)
      Melody Gardot 3lp Live in Europe, played once $99 SOLD

London Grammar truth is a wonderfull thing ltd 2lp pressing $50 SOLD
      Paul McCartney Egypt Station Spotify green vinyl (played one) 2lp $70
      Norah jones begin again single lp $30
      Think by Lonnie smith Blue note 80th anniversary edition all aaa mastered by Kevin grey (unplayed unopened) $30.  sold 
      Doin allright Blue note 80th anniversary edition all aaa mastered by Kevin grey (unplayed unopened) $30 Sold
      Nina Simone  little girl blue 2lp analogue productions $50.   (sold)
      Horace Silver Horacescope 2nd pressing 1966 Blue note in immaculate condition complete with original inner bag. The cover to is in amazing condition extremely rare $200
      Bill Evans Evans in England 2lp record store day release $60.  (SOLD)
      Hank Mobley Hank mobley quartet Music Matters SRX vinyl release rare and out of print $80 cover and record mint SOLD 
      Anne Bisson Trip 4 seasons in jazz direct to disk complete with book 2lps very deluxe $120
      Anne Bisson Blue mind 2lp $60

Couple more Not Pictured
      Kenny Durham Afro Cuban Blue note Music matter reissue $80. SOLD
      Kamasi Washington heaven and earth 4lp $60
      Kamasi Washington the epic $60
      Wayne shorter blue note EMA multi lp cd box set complete with graphic novel book $100 (SOLD)

any questions pm me
      bare with me when sending questions I will get back to everyone who contacts me.
      cheers

• By BuzzzFuzzz
      Hey Guys.

I'm interested in which records you listen to with the most regularity, especially all you well known members, but encouraging newcomers who may become well known in time
      Even as I post regularly, I don't post everything I listen to and over time our more often played choices may not be apparent.
      Feel free to elaborate on your choices to your hearts content, we all have a story when it comes to our favourite records and bands.  Some of you know I like to ramble on a bit sometimes.
      Keeping it exclusively vinyl with different threads for other formats.

Maybe two lists each with three albums...  1.  Top 3 giving you the most delight at present.
                                                                                      2.  Top 3 on highest rotation in collection.

I've been buying some new vinyl recently.  When I was young all records sounded bloody unreal.  We had a nice Pioneer stereo and it rocked.  When my brother and I moved into a flat, he had a very nice system too.
      After joining this forum around 3 years ago, my ears have certainly become a lot more critical and quite a few of my records sound pretty ordinary, compared with others that are commonly accepted as great sounding records i.e. Roxy Music's 'Avalon'.
      I now have some awesome sounding vinyl, but I'm looking for better versions of some of my favourite albums.  The prime example is Black Sabbath's 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath'.  I have had two, second hand, Aust. pressings that were in fair condition, and currently the Earmark reissue which is just woeful.  One of my top three albums and I don't listen to vinyl - shame on me!  I'm on the hunt for the Rhino Records reissue.

Right now I listen to great sounding records.  My top 3 spinners right now are -

1.  Muse  'Origin of Symmetry' 
          The only Muse album I have on vinyl, picked up at JB HiFi soon after release.
          I have most of their CD's and a couple of DVD's, saw them at Riverstage in Brisbane around 2009(?)
          Great sounding record and Muse in strong form.

2.  The Angels  'Two Minute Warning'
           I've only had this about two weeks but it's been getting a workout.  The sound is as I remember from an old friend's copy - excellent.
           The band I have seen the most in my life.  This album was released as I was finishing year 12 and beginning to go to licenced gigs.
           Live music and Aussie pub rock were in fine form.  I've always been happy with the CD, but recently added to my essential vinyl supply.

3.  Alkaloid  'Liquid Anatomy' 
           Progressive, Technical Death Metal from Germany.
           You'll see from my next top 3 list that Metal is normally my thing.
           My first gig was Maiden's 'The Beast on the Road'.  I listen to many styles of music but I always return to Metal.
           Very impressed with the all round quality of this release.

My Top 3 records ever in rotation are...

1.  KISS  'Dynasty'    
           The first record I ever bought myself.  I have a lovely U.S. promo copy that sounds awesome.  My original Aussie copy was played to death. 
           It's No.1 on the list because it was the first.  I've never really liked 'I was Made for Lovin' You' & 'Sure Know Something', but the rest of the album rocks.
           For me it is the sound of New York from that time, I have strong, positive emotional connections to the record itself and the music. 

2.  Black Sabbath  'Mob Rules'     
           When I first got back into records around three years ago, this was the first album I replaced, with a second NM Aussie pressing.
           I was in year 8 when this was released, it copped a flogging on our stereo and I especially liked it through the headphones.
           Another record that transports me back every time it spins.
           It's always a toss up between this and 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath', and as I don't currently listen to that on vinyl it can't be listed.

3.  Led Zeppelin  'IV'
           I have had three Aussie pressings and the Jimmy Page remaster.  
           Have always loved this classic record and it transports me to a magical, medieval world.

There are no rules - Enjoy -

• By HiFiArk
      Item: Sansui SR-212 Vintage 70s Turntable - Japan - Professionally Restored & Upgraded
      Price: $450, open to reasonable offers
      Item Condition: Very Good, recently serviced/restored/upgraded and working.
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I recently inherited this Sansui SR-212 turntable , which is of 1970s vintage and is made in Japan. The turntable employs a unique multiple suspension/insulation system to eliminate howling ( it has a suspended sub-chassis design). 

The deck is in really nice condition, no major blemishes to speak of. Even the lid is in good condition, no cracks and the hinges also appear to be working fine.

It did need some minor repair work to get it up and running, so I engaged Chris from Spin Doctor Music here in Sydney to repair/restore the deck for me which he did very well.

In the process the following upgrades were also made to the deck :
      Brand new drive belt Brand new Jelco HS-25 cartridge shell was purchased and installed onto the tonearm Brand new Ortofon 2M Silver MM phono cartridge was purchased, installed and aligned Brand new AUS power cord was installed  
      Initially I thought I might use this Sansui TT in a second system, but It turns out that I won't be making use of it after all.

So , it's up for sale now to someone who can make use of it.

Everything is in good working order, including the arm cueing and auto-return mechanism. Platter speed has been tested by Spin Doctor Music and is accurate and stable at both 33.1/3 and 45 speeds.

Some more info and general specs on this turntable are available here:
      https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/sr-212.shtml

Note of course that this one has the Ortofon 2M Silver cart and Jelco headshell upgrades. The Ortofon 2M Silver seems to sit between the 2M Blue and the 2M Bronze in the Ortofon 2M lineup.  I will also provide the original headshell and also the (probably very worn out) original SC-37 IM cartridge.

I don’t have any boxes or packaging for the deck, so I would prefer local pickup from Sydney.

I've also got the original operation manual for it.

The new Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge and Jelco HS-25 headshell together alone would cost over $400 RRP. 

Buyer will need to add their own RCA-RCA phono cable to connect the deck to an amp/phono stage.

Local pickup Sydney only. COD payment is easiest, or happy to receive a bank/BSB or PayPal Friends transfer before pickup.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By jazzdog@groovemasters
      Item: Box Set B 20 classical boxset vinyl records
      Price: $80.00. 
      Item Condition: discs: VG+ or better but need to be cleaned. Several boxes have mold on the discs. Boxes: just VG, some have water damage, a few are split/tears, most have shelf wear, see photos below. see photo of highlighted UK pressings, orange or plum labels, those with the full wide band should be first press I think.
      Reason for selling: downsize/cull continues
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD, prefer bank transfer
      Extra Info: play grading done on disc 1 of side 1.  Prefer local sale at this point. Happy to take questions about the labels, pressing dates. Don't have my phone camera today, so photos a bit rough. The UK pressings are highlighted below. No discs missing from boxes. Includes the original booklet/books for most sets as far as I can tell.  The boxes are major & minor labels, except the Klemperer Beethoven 9 symphonies is WRC Au pressing (i.e. EMI Australia).

If you buy at the asking price of $80.00 before Wednesday 29 October, I will throw in 10 World Record Club box sets gratis. A 10% donation will be made to SNA following completion of the sale.

• By jazzdog@groovemasters
      Item: Box Set A 20 classical boxset vinyl records
      Price: $60.00. 
      Item Condition: discs: VG+ or better but need to be cleaned. Several boxes have mold on the discs. Boxes: just VG, some have water damage, a few are split/tears, most have shelf wear, see photos below. see photo of highlighted UK pressings + the Columbia Notes  Au pressing, every bit as good as UK 33cx pressings (IMLO).
      Reason for selling: downsize/cull continues
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: play grading done on disc 1 of side 1.  Prefer local sale at this point. Happy to take questions about the labels, pressing dates. Don't have my phone camera today, so photos a bit rough. The UK pressings are highlighted below. No discs missing from boxes. Includes the original booklet/books for most sets as far as I can tell.  The boxes are major & minor labels, the Mendelssohn Felix is WRC Au pressing (i.e. EMI Australia).

If you buy at the asking price of $60.00 before Wednesday 29 October, I throw in 10 World Record Club box sets gratis. A 10% donation will be made to SNA following completion of the sale.