Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

1 minute ago, April Snow said:

@TDK  Yes this is awesome - should have Gambler on it too? I have the Japanese CD OBI version of it and it is one of my favourite CD Maxi singles - I  just ordered this weekend the Japanese RSD repress of it on Vinyl - shall post it on here when it comes, fingers crossed it will be a good pressing as it is green vinyl.................or else I will be back on Discogs getting the original pressing 🙂

Good choice for a Sunday Arvo 🙂

Sure does, track B1. Great sounding pressing it is too.

I'm playing everything in Alphabetical order (all 2500 records in my collection) and by chance I'm up to Madonna.

I just finished playing all my Madness 12" singles but I assumed they wouldn't get too much love on here so I didn't post :)

Up soon, Malcolm McLaren - round the outside, round the outside.....

Edited by TDK

Finishing off my Arvo session with some Beyonce.

Beyonce 

Lemonade

Europe

(Import)

Yellow Vinyl

2 x LP 

Comes with lovely big booklet too.......

Currently on Amazon if anyone chasing it $51.95.

Has the ultimate female F.U. to men song on it "Sorry" (still don't know who Becky with the Good hair is, one of life's mysteries but I would say Jay Z sure got himself in deep doggy do) - 

"Middle Finger Up , waving boy bye......." LOL

IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_3613.JPG

I’m getting really nostalgic today 

This is an Australian 10” mono pressing of some wonderfully haunting music 

Simply incredible and again my ears and speakers just lapped it up 

Artist - Ludwig van Beethoven, Wilhelm Kempff ‎
Title- Moonlight Sonata / Pathetique

Info of this record 
https://www.discogs.com/Ludwig-van-Beethoven-Wilhelm-Kempff-Moonlight-Sonata-Pathetique/release/12641671

3-EA60604-9886-4-A76-883-D-BB1-A0-F9-DF1

3 hours ago, MarkT said:

I was at both Newcastle shows in the same position 3 rows from the front and directly in the middle.

Hey Man.  Nice one.

No, I didn't know it wasn't recorded at Hammersmith, fancy that.  Do you know why it was named as such?

Cool that you saw them in England, home  turf, home crowd.

I saw them at the Central Coast Leagues Club at Gosford ( five minutes from home ) in 1984, I was in year 11.  The old days of fake, paper ID's, and I still remember how nervous I was going in, in case they caught me and I wouldn't see the band.

There were about 50 people in a 2,000 capacity room.

Motorhead were now a four piece, and Man!!!  They played as though the room were full.  It was the loudest gig I have ever been to, my ears were ringing for three days.  We were also front and centre, we were able to talk to the band and Wurzel gave me a beer ( although the smartarse shook it up first ).

I had made my own leather, studded, wrist bands for the night, and a much older, hot chick tried to untie them and rip me off, I don't know what she was thinking, she must have been pretty pissed.

One of my most treasured, gig memories.

Cheers.

Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Finishing off my Arvo session with some Beyonce.

Beyonce 

Lemonade

Europe

(Import)

Yellow Vinyl

2 x LP 

Comes with lovely big booklet too.......

Currently on Amazon if anyone chasing it $51.95.

Has the ultimate female F.U. to men song on it "Sorry" (still don't know who Becky with the Good hair is, one of life's mysteries but I would say Jay Z sure got himself in deep doggy do) - 

"Middle Finger Up , waving boy bye......." LOL

IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_3613.JPG

Epic album - have listened through on the MQA version a number of times... an amazing piece of work.

9 hours ago, April Snow said:

I have the orginal 90s pressing of this and it is a ripper !!

If this is the re-issue how you find it?

Re: Madonna, Immaculate Collection

I purchased it at Sanity in Darwin (Palmerston).  I don’t usually shop there and it was the first time I have seen vinyl in there.  The store person said they had just come in. I think the price was between $49 and $55. 

Below photo is the pressing details from Discogs.

Cheers

F58E6969-3A58-47C7-A918-AB998396426F.png

3 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

I purchased it at Sanity in Darwin (Palmerston).  I don’t usually shop there and it was the first time I have seen vinyl in there.  The store person said they had just come in. I think the price was between $49 and $55. 

Cheers

Pretty reasonable from Bricks and Mortar brand new.

Santana - Moonflower

55E9395E-159F-43E1-B341-1C130757A154.thumb.jpeg.dd668b6d3225e17764e1764ec59c3aa8.jpeg

7 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Cheers

Yes that is reasonable, I paid $70 for my 1990s copy - but it is almost Mint - and a great pressing.  It is really good bang for your buck this album.  To compliment it I would like to suggest Madonna's "Something to Remember" as it will give you her greatest hits ballads. 

20 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

Epic album - have listened through on the MQA version a number of times... an amazing piece of work.

@furtherpale

I am impressed you like it. It is an Epic album - I would like her self titled one too but the reviews are not so great for that on Vinyl (pressing quality apparently poor)  so might have to settle for the CD version I have for that one 😞

What is MQA? 

Edited by April Snow

Recent acquisition, another very good double album with good coverage of their great songs

Cold Chisel, The Best of Cold Chisel, All For You

2129ED2E-BA8C-4ED6-A87B-DC47EEB59C39.jpeg

1B7BA191-83A2-46BE-9049-F2528EE7B27A.jpeg

Taking it down a notch tonight 

some Barbara

Yentyl

Australia

IMG_3389.JPG

12 minutes ago, April Snow said:

@furtherpale

I am impressed you like it. It is an Epic album - I would like her self titled one too but the reviews are not so great for that on Vinyl (pressing quality apparently poor)  so might have to settle for the CD version I have for that one 😞

What is MQA? 

I’ll leave you with this as a start point - you can google from there: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Quality_Authenticated

I like MQA, Hi-Rez, CD, Vinyl... whatever sounds the best. Sometimes it’s MQA.

^all the above is IMO... *backs away slowly; maintains eye contact*

Edited by furtherpale

5 minutes ago, April Snow said:

What is MQA? 

Master Quality Authenticated, a way to fold down and then unfold music that many believe gives greater resolution and quality.  You have to have a MQA decoder or ‘endpoint’. At least Tidal has MQA tracks which can be accessed through Roon.

Personally I find MQA decoded via my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ as good as or better than SACD on most occasions (but not universal) 

9E833032-E214-4991-920F-4DCF4E8D2F73.png

Oh OK, the best I do are FLAC with digitial files on the Mac Book. 

Thankfully most of my Prince bootlegs are FLAC. 

Regarding Tidal:

My internet is so crappy where I am that I cannot even stream Spotify properly without it dropping out so would not even attempt Tidal.

*sigh*

NBN coming - but do not hold much hope for that either.

Funny enough Netlflix works - but SBS catchup also drops out - frustrating .........

Thanks for the explanation. 🙂

Edited by April Snow

4 hours ago, April Snow said:

Is that the same as the thigh gap women go on about ? LOL

Then you go to Bunnings and buy No More Gap ( thew, flying close to the wind here).

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

Perhaps warp on one side maybe due to the air gap 

To explain in mechanical terms - the high ridge on the start of the record leaves an air gap in the middle that allows for a concave / convex outcome 

Perhaps its best to add a little bit of thin foam to help overcome it 

Ah. Now l get it.

Hi All,

Dead Can Dance's Brendan Perry and Olivier Mellano, No Land, some in the DCD style , some folky / celtic, at times South Asian styles.

44612821_NoLandBrendanPerry.jpg.ed8cc7e88ee56e45333a000e94696920.jpg

JJ

Hi All,

Ghastly City Sleeps, Moon Drifts, Double LP in splatter pink / purple. Post rock drifting occasionally toward Prog Rock. There is about 10 - 13 minutes of music on all sides.

919915184_GhastlyCitySleeps.jpg.d8d9c2389de5913fdd27ecb86aba6cfe.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc

Hi All,

Om, God Is Good, Side 1 is Sub-continent inspired, with sitars and bells, then gets more Western influenced about halfway through the track. Side 2 has more of a psychedelic style to it, still with a Sub-continent feel in places. 

1031851259_OmGodIsGood.jpg.a654a38761c55a31e9cc4f25f65bd312.jpg

JJ

Hi All,

Radiohead, OK Computer, OKNOTOK, classic 20th Anniversary repress and more of the 1997 album.

101231332_OKComputer.jpg.95582dc9dfb724436515a84bdf65ffd7.jpg

JJ

Hi All,

John Lennon and The Plastic Ono Band, Shaved Fish. A compilation of his 'best' songs post The Beatles

1217789671_ShavedFish.jpg.ed7d8dd746fcac065ad167b17e1d0d48.jpg

Tracklist:
A1a    Give Peace A Chance    
A1b    Cold Turkey    
A2    Instant Karma!    
A3    Power To The People    
A4    Mother    
A5    Woman Is The ****** Of The World    
B1    Imagine    
B2    Whatever Gets You Thru The Night    
B3    Mind Games    
B4    # 9 Dream    
B5a    Happy XMas (War Is Over)    
B5b    Give Peace A Chance (Reprise)

JJ

My lovely wife plays the piano accordion ( a Titano that’s 50 years old in red ) 

We have stacks of sheet music and these few LPs in the collection 

The LP on the top left -  HiFi Accordion has excellent sound quality 

Artists - Various collection 

Title - Piano Accordion music 

CF5-FC7-EF-1-C5-F-47-A2-B7-CD-ED34-FCE0-

Accordions are the butt of about as many jokes as banjos, bagpipes and violas (never understood the viola thing, do you have to be in an orchestra to get it?), but it's an amazing instrument. I was prompted to appreciate it on a different level a few years ago when I first heard it used in a jazz setting. Its range, both in pitch and tone/texture, is pretty extraordinary.

Hi All,

Muse, Origin Of Symmetry

Muse.jpg.5372e75a75398cb31ee2d63a2ca40e7b.jpg

JJ