Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

Dead Can Dance - Into The Labyrinth 2LP 33rpm on Mobile Fidelity label. I haven't played this for several years, but it was in high rotation at GTGs and doing demos at Wyndham Vale back in Melbourne, so it does bring back many memories for me. A sensational pressing and a great demo disc, with Yulunga [spirit dance] being the usual go to demo track for most, but really the whole album is absolutely first class................high fidelity at its best.:thumb:

Dead Can Dance - Into The Labyrinth.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy

Hi All,

Going back to my teens, The Yardbirds, Remember... A mix of their biggest hits and when you look at the guitarists and musicians that played with them, they were a 'Super Group' before the term was coined.

1928562202_YardbirdsBO.jpg.5282768c48adec53abed19452d3200bc.jpg

JJ

Spending the morning with Mr. Bryne & Co.

P1070701.JPG.83509e784235f21423e77a4fa2e2efbe.JPG

P1070702.JPG.d00863aac055ff7ea6ebe68423a7c16e.JPG

P1070703.JPG.982b9a469ba4bb4fb10fa972b4e394d4.JPG

P1070704.JPG.46931db6369c9b081f12e7b019558910.JPG

Madonna

American Pie

US Promo

NM Copy

Great for  Saturday Morning chores 🎶👍

IMG_3491.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

Edited by April Snow

6 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Going back to my teens, The Yardbirds, Remember... A mix of their biggest hits and when you look at the guitarists and musicians that played with them, they were a 'Super Group' before the term was coined.

1928562202_YardbirdsBO.jpg.5282768c48adec53abed19452d3200bc.jpg

JJ

Yep, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton get a mention on the cover there, but Jimmy Page spent some time with the Yardbirds and he was a reasonably good guitarist too.:lol:

Cheers,

Keith

Bought this when I was in high school. 38 years ago ..😬
A bit scratchy but one of the formative parts of my musical journey.

86228619_10156579985035443_8469019533061914624_o.jpg

Madonna

Don't Tell Me

US Promo

Keeping up the vibe for the 12 inch Remix promos 🙃

(and no  there are no scratches - she is NM - that is a reflection) *just sayin'* 👍

IMG_3482.JPG

Edited by April Snow

6 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Nirvana, Unplugged In New York. A purchase from JB yesterday, I have had the CD since release, so purchased the LP to compliment same, pressing VG and quiet. 

Nirvana.jpg.42cf6bea6b14a1d1f2e11482a1e90b57.jpg

JJ

That is one great album 

It’s a repeat listen album more often than not 

10 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Nirvana, Unplugged In New York. A purchase from JB yesterday, I have had the CD since release, so purchased the LP to compliment same, pressing VG and quiet. 

Nirvana.jpg.42cf6bea6b14a1d1f2e11482a1e90b57.jpg

JJ

That is awesome, love to hear a new pressing is a good one for a change.................so many are not sadly. I am "anti clear vinyl" now - they sound awful to me - but I have two in my collection still because they could not be returned - but I prefer the black vinyl any day, but even they can be a challenge to get a good copy of. So I am delighted you got a great one and you are grooving to it - happy days !!!!

Edited by April Snow

If people recall, l mentioned several weeks ago l purchased said album (my favourite Genesis album) and that it had. 7mm warp.

Now I'm thinking that this might be useful information:

Anyway l put it between 2 plates of glass for 6 weeks; just in my living room under normal room temp(no heat involved). And low and behold there is zero warp. I kid you not!

Now is that not amazing. 

I did not want to use heat as l thought it might damage the grooves? But that was my next step if room temp didn't work (nothing to lose).

I waited 6 weeks as today is my Birthay. So this is a free birthday present as they reimburchaed me and did not want the record back.

Anyway l thought l would share this.

7 mil warp. Bloody amazing. So give it a go.

Just playing side one...perfect.

15817364459776547040067799261414.jpg

Genesis is one of my favourite Prog bands 

Such an amazing musical output 

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin Recorded Live at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. Excellent rendition of the 1999 album with Orchestra and Choir, as a big fan of theirs I had to buy it 😊 @needlerunner Birthday greetings, enjoy and listen to plenty of your favourite music 🎂🎂🎂🎼🎶🎵

563664116_FlamingLips.jpg.627d3ad9d159c1d6fc5944150e20e27a.jpg

JJ

2 hours ago, needlerunner said:

If people recall, l mentioned several weeks ago l purchased said album (my favourite Genesis album) and that it had. 7mm warp.

Now I'm thinking that this might be useful information:

Anyway l put it between 2 plates of glass for 6 weeks; just in my living room under normal room temp(no heat involved). And low and behold there is zero warp. I kid you not!

Now is that not amazing. 

I did not want to use heat as l thought it might damage the grooves? But that was my next step if room temp didn't work (nothing to lose).

I waited 6 weeks as today is my Birthay. So this is a free birthday present as they reimburchaed me and did not want the record back.

Anyway l thought l would share this.

7 mil warp. Bloody amazing. So give it a go.

Just playing side one...perfect.

15817364459776547040067799261414.jpg

Happy birthday!!! Do u have some pics of the glass u used? And also what did u put in between the two plates?

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Happy birthday!!! Do u have some pics of the glass u used? And also what did u put in between the two plates?

@needlerunner  Yes I am interested in this too please. I have a warped record too I would like to try it on.................but I happy you got great results and Happy Birthday too 🎊

Edited by April Snow

Madonna

Nothing Really Matters

Remix Promos

IMG_3628.JPG

Grease

Back to Rydell High School .............

Great memories of being in  Primary school for this one .........became a huge ONJ fan until I grew up to be a Madonna one 🤣

😉

IMG_3467.JPG

Finishing off the Arvo session as I have to go out and act like an adult now ........

Madonna

What it Feels Like For a Girl

2 x Promo Set

Oh Wow !!!!!!

I have had this set on CD for years & never liked them but the vinyl was a OMFG moment !!

Above and Beyond Mix - it is epic !!

So happy this is a near minty set 🙂

IMG_3631.JPG

Hi All,

Boz Scaggs, Silk Degrees

Boz.jpg.88a62d7d1f662843797e835d0cdbaae3.jpg

JJ

27 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Finishing off the Arvo session as I have to go out and act like an adult now ........

Madonna

What it Feels Like For a Girl

2 x Promo Set

Oh Wow !!!!!!

I have had this set on CD for years & never liked them but the vinyl was a OMFG moment !!

Above and Beyond Mix - it is epic !!

So happy this is a near minty set 🙂

IMG_3631.JPG

I'm streaming it from my NAS in my study right now as I clean LPs on my VPI 16.5 RCM.

Technically started tonight with radiohead in rainbows but that was on cd, oh well.

Led Zeppelin

IV20200215_191646.thumb.jpg.1c8cfcd6db168ff86d371d35ff1b17a4.jpg

20200215_190015.jpg

12 minutes ago, ClipGlass said:

Technically started tonight with radiohead in rainbows but that was on cd, oh well.

Led Zeppelin

IV20200215_191646.thumb.jpg.1c8cfcd6db168ff86d371d35ff1b17a4.jpg

20200215_190015.jpg

I also seem to have aquired myself a little listening partner 

20200215_193205.jpg

Some lullaby for the little one. Herbie Hancock - The river , The Joni letters

AB29EEEE-A29A-4785-B755-BD5C92BC0699.thumb.jpeg.39b7110e427405900284828c9e0bdac4.jpeg

4CA238E3-9540-4030-AE9C-62C0D4F8AEF5.jpeg

Last pick for the night.

image.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

• Similar Content

• By merro
      Item: Various Vinyl Classical Organ
      Price Range: Free
      Item Condition: Used 26 classical organ titles, ive taken a picture of the spines to indicate what's there, will not separate

Pickup from Jervis Bay or Sylvania NSW

• By Warren M.
      Item Condition: Most records UNPLAYED MINT. Others NM played once or twice on audiophile system. Boxes in exceptional condition for age VG+. Sleeves and booklets in NM condition. Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bronte (Sydney Eastern Suburbs) State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Financial stress Further information: 

This Georg Solti / Vienna Philharmonic Wagner Ring performance/recording is still regarded by many as the best on record, and no subsequent reissue even gets close to equalling these spectacularly good limited edition pressings by Decca UK.

Released in 1970 as a limited special edition. 22 records in 5 boxes enclosed in a uniquely designed outer slipcase.

At the time it was the highest priced record set on the market and sold out soon after release! I recall "Mr Rowe Street" (Sydney's most iconic classical record store owner) pointing to the "last unsold copy in Australia" and the following week it was gone.

The boxes are now 50 years old and inevitably the outer cover and box spines have sustained minor degradation over that time, but remain in beautiful condition overall. I've conservatively classed them as VG+.

Everything else ranges from NM to MINT condition!!! Most of the vinyl has NEVER been played.

Each box has full libretto in German and English along with detailed synopsis of each opera as well as technical recording details.

The full set weighs just under 12 kg before packing it up protectively for shipping, so allow at least 13 kg shipping weight. Note that I have access to much better insured interstate shipping rates than Australia Post. For instance estimate for fast door-to-door delivery to inner Melbourne OR even inner Perth suburbs from Sydney, including insurance, would be under $30! 

There is a similar-condition set (maybe not quite as good) on eBay for UK£330 (about AU$600) plus shipping (+$200 to Australia) plus GST.

PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE

Additional information from Discogs
      Wagner's Der Ring Des Nibelungen 22 LP Decca Box Set Incredible 1970 UK TWENTY TWO stereo LP boxed set of the complete edition of Richard Wagner's four part opera, 'Der Ring des Nibelungen', also known as 'The Ring Cycle' featuring the four operas 'Das Rheingold','Die Walkure', 'Siegfried' and 'Gotterdammerung'.

There is also a unique three record introduction to 'The Ring' set narrated by Deryck Cooke featuring excerpts from the four operas.

Each opera is in its own separate wooden ended partition with full size libretto booklets containing synopsis & full transcription for the operas.
      The performance is THE classic version by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Georg Solti,
       a powerful orchestral drama, phenomenal performance and superb sound.

The whole ensemble is enclosed in a very weighty carved wooden box with gilded front panel.

Details of Records:

DER RING DES NIBELUNGEN

* Guide & Introduction to "Der Ring des Nibelungen" by Deryck Cooke
      * Recording year: 1968
      * Record number: ZAL 8422-7
      * Number of LP’s: THREE
      * Orchestra: Introduction By (Sir) Georg Solti

DAS RHIENGOLD

* Recording year: 1958
      * Record number: ZAL 4260-5
      * Number of LP’s: THREE
      * Orchestra: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra & Vienna State Opera Chorus, conducted by (Sir) Georg Solti.
      * Cast: Jean Madeira, Set Svanholm, George London, Kirsten Flagstad. Claire Watson, Gustav Neidlinger, Kurt Böhme, Eberhard Wächter, Walter Kreppel

DIE WALKÜRE

* Recording year: 1966
      * Record number: ZAL 7131 – 7140
      * Number of LP’s: FIVE
      * Orchestra: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra & Vienna State Opera Chorus, conducted by (Sir) Georg Solti.
      * Cast: Gottlob Frick, Regine Crespin, James King, Brigit Nilsson, Christa Ludwig

SIEGFRIED

* Recording year: 1963
      * Record number: ZAL 5742-52
      * Number of LP’s: FIVE
      * Cast: Wolfgang Windgassen, Brigit Nilsson, Hans Hotter, Gerhard Stolze, Gustav Neidlinger, Kurt Bohme, Marga Hoffgen

GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG

* Recording year: 1965
      * Record number: ZAL 6673-6684
      * Number of LP’s: SIX
      * Orchestra: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra & Vienna State Opera Chorus, conducted by (Sir) Georg Solti
      * Cast: Briget Nilsson, Wolfgang Windgassen, Gustav Neidlinger, Gottlob Frick, Claire Watson Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Christa Ludwig, Lucia Popp, Gwyneth Jones, Maureen Guy, Helen Watts, Grace Hoffman, Anita Välkki
      Photos: 

• By MTsoul
      Hey all, 

I'm heading down to the Bowral/Mittagong/Moss Vale area for the long weekend and was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to look for vinyl?
    • By candyflip
      Item Condition: Sealed and NEW Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds Price and item conditions ...as specified below 
      Delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any titles here get brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeves as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 

Please post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

The Rat Pack – Live At The Sands – 2LP Limited reissue in gatefold - BRAND NEW & SEALED.
      2014 rmastered set, originally recorded live at The Sands Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada on September 7, 1963. Includes liner notes by Bill Zehme. Digitally remastered by Lee Herschberg. Pressed in the Netherlands and sounds fantastic.
      For those whose favourite part of the legendary Sinatra/Count Basie LIVE AT THE SANDS album was Frank's lengthy comedic monologue, THE RAT PACK: LIVE AT THE SANDS will arrive like manna from hipster's heaven. The disc features an entire performance by the storied "rat pack" of the Chairman and his musical pals Dean Martin and Sammy Davis, Jr., but most of the show is given over to shtick and banter. Fittingly, Sinatra gets the most straight-ahead musical time with a brace of sterling ballads whose appearance should delight hardcore fans. Fortunately, the humorous barbs passed around the stage for the bulk of the performance are extremely sharp and funny (if politically incorrect in the extreme). Taken as a comedy album with some stirring musical moments, this disc is a gem for those who revere the Rat Pack, as they are captured at the peak of their powers and popularity, exuding hipness from every pore. LIVE AT THE SANDS is a bona fide cultural artefact documenting one generation's apex of cool.    $35

Alan Parsons Project – I Robot – 2LP LEGACY 2013 release 35th Anniversary Edition - BRAND NEW & SEALED.
      MOV pressing in a gatefold sleeve. Including an 8 page booklet with rare photos & liner notes by Alan Parsons, and 14 bonus tracks on the second disc.
      Lovely double album package.    $45

Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won (SUPER DELUXE EDITION) – 4LP, 3CD, DVD and Book – 2018 EU pressed Box Set. BRAND NEW & SEALED.
      'How The West Was Won' highlights the best performances from Led Zeppelin’s legendary concerts at the Los Angeles Forum and Long Beach Arena on June 25 and 27, 1972. Standouts include a 25-plus minute version of 'Dazed And Confused' and a 21-minute medley based around 'Whole Lotta Love'. The performances also capture the band introducing songs from its then-unreleased album 'Houses Of The Holy', which would be released nine months later. The Super Deluxe Boxed Set contains: Remastered audio on three CDs and four 180-gram vinyl LPs. DVD of the album in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and PCM Stereo, plus photo gallery. High-def download card of all stereo audio content at 96kHz/24 bit. A 52 page book filled with rare and previously unpublished photos of the band at each of the concert locations, plus memorabilia and ephemera. High-quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered.
      Goes for anywhere from $230-$245 online anywhere you care to check.   
      How's half that?      $125
      (ALL GONE)

My latest YouTube videos are centred around spinning the unusual, coloured, MOFI, Half Speeds, Aussie, rare and just plain interesting vinyl of classic rock tracks including Meat Loaf, Pink Floyd, TOOL and the Blade Runner OST - have a look!

Here's the newest one : YouTube
    • By Warren Jones
      Item Condition: As New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Terang State: Victoria Payment Method: Reason for selling: Never used Further information: I have decided to sell some of my Wings and Paul McCartney LP's. All were bought new by me in the 1970/80's and all are Australian pressings. Some like Wings over America have never been out of the jacket. All are as NEW, most are first Aussie pressings. The record jackets and inner sleeves are in the same condition they came new from Brashes in Dee Why.

This is a once in a life time opportunity to obtain effectively new old stock LP's.

I know how difficult it can be to buy used LP's so I'm happy for anyone to audition on my Technics SP10. I played Wings Wild Life for the first time last night and without cleaning it was as you would expect from a new LP.

$100.00 each plus postage if needed

Wings
      Back to the Egg........................YEX987/988.........................1979....................inner sleeve.......................Never played
      London town..............................YEX975/976..........................1978...................poster and sleeve...........Never played
      Wings Over America...........YEX963-968...........................1976........................................................................Never played
      Red Rose Speedway.............YEX903/904..........................1973..................inner book.............................Never played
      Wings Wild Life.......................YEX871/872............................1971..........................................................................Played once

Paul McCartney
      RAM............................................YEX837/838...................no date on label...........................................................Never played
      Pipes Of Peace....................P165230A/B...................1983........................inner sleeve..................................Never played
      Tug of War..............................PCTP259..........................1982........................inner sleeve.................................Never played
      McCartney II.........................PCTC258A/B..................1980........................inner sleeve.................................Never played

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.