Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

Beatles 

1962-1966

180g Gatefold

Europe

Nice 👍

Thought I better post something "non 80s" for @furtherpale (seeing he is anti 80s) 😂

IMG_3471.JPG

9 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Beatles 

1962-1966

180g Gatefold

Europe

Nice 👍

Thought I better post something "non 80s" for @furtherpale (seeing he is anti 80s) 😂

IMG_3471.JPG

That’s an all analogue chain on those, but a mix of mono and “stereo” (ie swung left or right) - but if you have a mono switch, it’s 80% as good as ‘mono masters’ for 1/4 the price!!!

Edited by furtherpale

Hawkwind ~ Warrior On The Edge Of Time and Lemmies last Studio album with them

1211616501_HawkwindWarrior.jpg.8747f840624cd656b13878905313f841.jpg

Hi All,

Van Der Graaf Generator, The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other, could have placed in the "Weird, Avante Garde & "Out There" Spinning" area.

VDGG.jpg.be124c31d532d018ed987c1e71103991.jpg

JJ

1 hour ago, furtherpale said:

That’s an all analogue chain on those, but a mix of mono and “stereo” (ie swung left or right) - but if you have a mono switch, it’s 80% as good as ‘mono masters’ for 1/4 the price!!!

46 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Van Der Graaf Generator, The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other, could have placed in the "Weird, Avante Garde & "Out There" Spinning" area.

VDGG.jpg.be124c31d532d018ed987c1e71103991.jpg

JJ

Funny you mention MONO - 

I have been given a few records by someone from my work (was his father in laws) and I am sorting through them now and cleaning them up to see what may interest me and what to donate. 

But one of them is a MONO record from 1968.

Do I need a special Stylus to play this?

Will it ruin my Ortofon Bronze MM if I do?

I don't think my Amp has a mono switch (Marantz NR1200)

This is the album -

seems it might be quite valuable.....

it appears in mint condition - not one scratch or scuff.

https://www.discogs.com/Dudley-Moore-Bedazzled/release/2212153

4 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Funny you mention MONO - 

I have been given a few records by someone from my work (was his father in laws) and I am sorting through them now and cleaning them up to see what may interest me and what to donate. 

But one of them is a MONO record from 1968.

Do I need a special Stylus to play this?

Will it ruin my Ortofon Bronze MM if I do?

I don't think my Amp has a mono switch (Marantz NR1200)

This is the album -

seems it might be quite valuable.....

it appears in mint condition - not one scratch or scuff.

https://www.discogs.com/Dudley-Moore-Bedazzled/release/2212153

You won’t break anything - it will just sound a lot better with a mono switch, and even better again with a mono cartridge.

12 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

You won’t break anything - it will just sound a lot better with a mono switch, and even better again with a mono cartridge.

OK thank you - wanted to check - not come across an oldie like this before - being mostly the 80s/90s gal I am 🙂

An enjoyable live album with great artists. This second hand copy could do with a go through the RCM. 

Bob Dylan and The Band, Before the Flood

2B72CEEE-4B26-487C-BC31-EC6AAD098917.jpeg

After being assured by @furtherpale it is safe to drop my needle on a Mono Record without wrecking my stylus I did...........(holding my breath to see if there would be explosions.............LOL)

This has come into my possession - a work mate brought in about a dozen records that was his Father in Laws he was going to drop off to charity - I asked if I could look through them first, and clean them up and maybe donate what is not of interest. Most records are Welsh Folk/Jazz & some James Last (they will be donated) but I kept a George Benson (not something I would buy but was almost NM and I enjoyed it) but this one was interesting................I could see it was "something special" - recognising Decca Label and the London Record shop label on the front made me smile too...............

It is almost MINT !! (plays flawlessly)

It was dirty and needed some love - but not one scratch or scuff - and it plays like a velvet dream and so beautiful !!!!!!

And a look on Discogs also says quite valuable - $285 pounds for a Minty one.

Anyway, shall stay in my collection because it is historical to me and it means his FIL will smile from heaven 🙂

Dudley Moore ‎– Bedazzled

Label:
Decca ‎– LK 4923
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Style:

IMG_3548.JPG

60282096454__EB5F36DE-E042-4B88-BF7E-2AABC0FAE3EF.JPG

60282108170__CE594558-325C-4E7E-BF33-F4923B3D578A.JPG

Edited by April Snow

Afternoon Folks.

A quick spin before heading back to the kitchen for dinner service...

Bob Marley and The Wailers  'Live; Boston Music Hall 1978'  Musicbank. 2017 KB Imports, UK.

230009845_BobMarleyandTheWailersLiveBostonMusicHall1978Musicbank.2017KBImportsUK.front.JPG.fd08d7f5906f33e5e402309109642a2e.JPG

Yes... from The Reject Shop, but not a bad slab o' vinyl.

G'day @furtherpale  In the 80's especially, I would never listen to Roxy Music or a host of other popular artists, however, they sure did worm their way into my psyche.  Parties, FM airwaves, and of course a plethora of  old compilation albums which graced many Aussie collections.

It's a great sounding record, and a soothing listen.

Re; the Sabbath reissue - I will get onto it tonight my man.

Is anyone else have issues with text jumping around as you type??? 

2 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Afternoon Folks.

A quick spin before heading back to the kitchen for dinner service...

Bob Marley and The Wailers  'Live; Boston Music Hall 1978'  Musicbank. 2017 KB Imports, UK.

230009845_BobMarleyandTheWailersLiveBostonMusicHall1978Musicbank.2017KBImportsUK.front.JPG.fd08d7f5906f33e5e402309109642a2e.JPG

Yes... from The Reject Shop, but not a bad slab o' vinyl.

G'day @furtherpale  In the 80's especially, I would never listen to Roxy Music or a host of other popular artists, however, they sure did worm their way into my psyche.  Parties, FM airwaves, and of course a plethora of  old compilation albums which graced many Aussie collections.

It's a great sounding record, and a soothing listen.

Re; the Sabbath reissue - I will get onto it tonight my man.

Is anyone else have issues with text jumping around as you type??? 

I pity your psyche 😛

just stirring s***

Edited by furtherpale

@furtherpale

Hey mate, I don't have any of the numbers off the Sabbath record to check with discogs. 

This album info for my cover pic is from discogs...

Black Sabbath  'Paranoid'  1971 - 2006 Rhino reissue.  Warner Bros.  Pressed by Rainbo Records, USA.  180gm.  Mastered from original analogue tapes.

Haven’t spun this one for a while.

Greta Van Fleet  - Anthem Of the Peaceful Army.

CDD3FAED-ECE7-48F8-A536-9E0F6A98F014.jpeg

Edited by Rustee

Mr Gabriel

36989CB7-A04D-4CF0-8320-3FE4F8929B9A.thumb.jpeg.5991aa4da71da8f2b843c42e8e497d10.jpeg

59 minutes ago, April Snow said:

After being assured by @furtherpale it is safe to drop my needle on a Mono Record without wrecking my stylus I did...........(holding my breath to see if there would be explosions.............LOL)

This has come into my possession - a work mate brought in about a dozen records that was his Father in Laws he was going to drop off to charity - I asked if I could look through them first, and clean them up and maybe donate what is not of interest. Most records are Welsh Folk/Jazz & some James Last (they will be donated) but I kept a George Benson (not something I would buy but was almost NM and I enjoyed it) but this one was interesting................I could see it was "something special" - recognising Decca Label and the London Record shop label on the front made me smile too...............

It is almost MINT !! (plays flawlessly)

It was dirty and needed some love - but not one scratch or scuff - and it plays like a velvet dream and so beautiful !!!!!!

And a look on Discogs also says quite valuable - $285 pounds for a Minty one.

Anyway, shall stay in my collection because it is historical to me and it means his FIL will smile from heaven 🙂

Label:
Decca ‎– LK 4923
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Style:

IMG_3548.JPG

60282096454__EB5F36DE-E042-4B88-BF7E-2AABC0FAE3EF.JPG

60282108170__CE594558-325C-4E7E-BF33-F4923B3D578A.JPG

Has your Marantz amp got a mono switch?

Hi All,

6 hours ago, jamesrc said:

What fantastic looking vinyl!  Hard to spot the tracks I imagine

Not really when seen 'in the flesh'  there is a fairly distinct gap between the respective tracks.

Currently on another reissue by Nick drake, Five Leaves Left, a boxed LP with bits and pieces of copies of tickets to shows, billboards, hand written notes of the songs etc, in a box that has a well worn lookinging LP cover as the frontcover.

763664819_5LeavesLeft.jpg.e554975f2f0b1fae87d7047f3a34901a.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc

It’s like it’s ex Genesis time now. Spinning my USA first pressing of this classic. It sounds fantastic

1415EBF4-A89B-4E7A-9E44-210C38E8EDB6.thumb.jpeg.5612f3ce6a411cd859303c96bca2a06d.jpeg

Classic.

Steely Dan - Aja.

9A03DEBA-C537-4B0D-B95B-BF468990FCB8.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Rustee said:

Classic.

Steely Dan - Aja.

9A03DEBA-C537-4B0D-B95B-BF468990FCB8.jpeg

It’s a great album, I just read on a magazine few days ago that it was very expensive to make

1 hour ago, Pegasus said:

Has your Marantz amp got a mono switch?

Not located it yet, but didn't have any issues ...................hope your staying dry in our big wet !! Great excuse to stay in and indulge in the music though 🙂

Hi All,

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Label:
Decca ‎– LK 4923
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Style:

IMG_3548.JPG

Ah, I remember seeing this as a 16yo at the local picture theatre, takes me back 😉

Currently listening to something that is easy to listen to whilst getting dinner ready, Wings Over America

Wings.jpg.4c84d846d497434fc5803db11758d370.jpg

JJ

9 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Ah, I remember seeing this as a 16yo at the local picture theatre, takes me back 😉

Currently listening to something that is easy to listen to whilst getting dinner ready, Wings Over America

Wings.jpg.4c84d846d497434fc5803db11758d370.jpg

JJ

Awwwwwwww how nice to trigger off a lovely memory for you - the best thing about music are the triggers (well the good triggers in life) - I am surprised I really liked the musical part (not the two vocal tracks though) - but I did enjoy the rest of it as it sounded incredible ..................enjoy your dinner - hope it is better than mine will be - I am having boring chicken sausages (arrrghhhhhhhh buy too many records and have to eat Sangers - hahahahahaha)

Edited by April Snow