Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

The Animals

2002 US Pressing

Clear Vinyl

This clear vinyl has a little surface noise & a couple of small pops.

After this one and the two faulty 2019 "Fleetwood Mac Rumours"  that I had to return that were also in Clear Vinyl - I have concluded Clear vinyl Sucks.

IMG_3329.JPG

1 hour ago, April Snow said:

After this one and the two faulty 2019 "Fleetwood Mac Rumours"  that I had to return that were also in Clear Vinyl - I have concluded Clear vinyl Sucks.

Or maybe as @metal beat would say: “coloured vinyl sux - black is where it's at.”

I was enjoying some Pulp Fiction this afternoon though it suffered from a disappointing warp, from JB Hi-Fi.  

5C70B270-1886-4D33-A663-EE11995B0E57.jpeg

7 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Or maybe as @metal beat would say: “coloured vinyl sux - black is where it's at.”

I was enjoying some Pulp Fiction this afternoon though it suffered from a disappointing warp, from JB Hi-Fi.  

Oh that is so sad, maybe take it back to JB and switch it over if you can because that is disappointing.

I also agree the Black Vinyl is the best and I try and get that out of preference - I did not know the Animals one was clear until I opened as it came from eBay from the US  and the information was not there. But it is playable and maybe will settle down with a couple more plays. The two Fleetwood Macs on the other hand were bad pressings on side 1 and when I checked on Discogs it was a common flaw with the clear 2019 editions. JB were very nice and said they need to go back because the record companies need to know of these flaws or else they will never learn to improve.

I prefer Black also because you can see the flaws much better and of course scratches and I think they look cool. I admit to having a few coloured ones though, because some of the newer things only come in that.

It is going to be tricky when all these clear vinyls hit the second hand market & record fairs to see if they are any good or not prior purchasing eh?

8 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Grats on the Turntable mate. (Geoffs an old mate of mine. Use to play tennis together.) Hows it going? Is that Marks Phono Pre as well?

Sunday morning awesomeness.

Only my second spinning of this, and the first before significant changes were made.

The breathiness of her voice is stunning, and on Seven Years, you could hear the tiny almost inaudible sounds her mouth makes forming, and in between, words... like she was singing privately a few metres in front of me.

Musically it’s just stunning... line only a first album after years of nailing the clubs can. 

6F6FB6B3-D91A-4C2C-AE89-0888F789814A.jpeg

C4382E20-88BE-42CD-BBB1-B3FBF3991BDD.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale

Day trip to Sydney for a speaker audition. Records only. Taking along my JC1 amps and a lady who was Madonna before Madonna (in fact the entire band that she complemented so perfectly).

Was assured there's plenty of variety available in-house.

837346594_Eat2DBeat.jpg.5b774bb0ed7a8bb159b6f9b70bbed2fb.jpg

43 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

Sunday morning awesomeness.

Only my second spinning of this, and the first before significant change were made.

The breathiness of her voice is stunning, and on Seven Years, you could hear the tiny almost inaudible sounds her mouth makes forming, and in between, words... like she was singing privately a few metres in front of me.

Musically it’s just stunning... line only a first album after years of nailing the clubs can. 

6F6FB6B3-D91A-4C2C-AE89-0888F789814A.jpeg

C4382E20-88BE-42CD-BBB1-B3FBF3991BDD.jpeg

The Fall is also an excellent AP pressing.  I'm fortunate to have the AP pressing of Come Away with me and also the Classic Records 45rpm boxset.  Remarkable SQ

https://www.discogs.com/Norah-Jones-Come-Away-With-Me/release/2827586

https://www.discogs.com/Norah-Jones-The-Fall/release/3963394

I think I’ll slowly pick up all/most of the APs... all still readily available... but the 24/192 on Qobuz is amazing... so I have to rationalise.

10 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

The Fall is also an excellent AP pressing.  I'm fortunate to have the AP pressing of Come Away with me and also the Classic Records 45rpm boxset.  Remarkable SQ

https://www.discogs.com/Norah-Jones-Come-Away-With-Me/release/2827586

https://www.discogs.com/Norah-Jones-The-Fall/release/3963394

Edited by furtherpale

Cheech & Chong 'Sleeping Beauty' (1976)

P1070455.thumb.JPG.fd0acf73eacddf6dd79bca03231d830d.JPG

The Police - Reggatta de Blanc. The drummer does a great job in this album.

0CAEBAF4-D4CC-4C4C-BE6B-580CD571A6C7.thumb.jpeg.a988f610caa0ef94b7fb36e7e7d845b3.jpeg

In 1988 the Cowboy Junkies recorded The Trinity Session in a church in Toronto, Canada, all in a one night session and using a single microphone to a DAT recorder. Nearly 20 years later they went back and did it all over again and the result was this album, Trinity Revisited. Margo Timmins' voice is addictive and the whole album to me has a unique haunting presence throughout.

Cowboy Junkies - Trinity Revisted.JPG

Soundgarden - King Animal

C30182D8-4189-4EDB-8A70-CF0E03CCCE3B.jpeg

Hi All,

David Bowie, Live from 1974,

Sides 1 and 4 are on one LP with 3 and 4 on the other, presumably for old style gramophones where you could stack them then flip them.

824203953_DavidLive.jpg.012f741b2e3ed0292c605ce456486bba.jpg

Side 1
1.    "1984"    3:21
2.    "Rebel Rebel"    2:42
3.    "Moonage Daydream"    5:10
4.    "Sweet Thing
I. "Sweet Thing"
II. "Candidate"
III. "Sweet Thing (Reprise)""8:48

Side 2
1.    "Changes"    3:36
2.    "Suffragette City"    3:46
3.    "Aladdin Sane (1913-1938-197?)"    4:58
4.    "All the Young Dudes" (made famous by Mott the Hoople)    4:19
5.    "Cracked Actor"    3:29

Side 3
1.    "Rock 'n' Roll with Me"    Bowie, Warren Peace    4:19
2.    "Watch That Man"         4:23
3.    "Knock on Wood" (originally by Eddie Floyd)    Eddie Floyd, Steve Cropper    3:08
4.    "Diamond Dogs"         6:34

Side 4
1.    "Big Brother
I. "Big Brother"
II. "Chant of the Ever-Circling Skeletal Family" 4:11
2.    "The Width of a Circle"    8:14
3.    "The Jean Genie"    5:19
4.    "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide"    4:49

JJ

Edited by Janjuc

23 hours ago, keyse1 said:

Yech

I was just about to award you a gold star for good taste😀

Have a listen to this great Australian band starting with the first record as a way to redeem yourself 😀

image.jpg

You’re right, I do like the handful of tracks I’ve listened to by Halfway on Tidal so far and just started to play Rain Lover, which looks like it might be their latest effort. Very similar to a band I like a lot, that’s Uncle Tupelo.......who I presume you’ve heard?

Cheers Keith

Fleetwood Mac

Greatest Hits

2014 Europe reissue

IMG_3325.JPG

11 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

You’re right, I do like the handful of tracks I’ve listened to by Halfway on Tidal so far and just started to play Rain Lover, which looks like it might be their latest effort. Very similar to a band I like a lot, that’s Uncle Tupelo.......who I presume you’ve heard?

Cheers Keith

Americana /Alt Country runs right through there music
Shakespeare Hotel is in a class of its own

Uncle Tupelo were great

Funnily enough can’t get into Wilco for some reason

Actually saw Jeff Tweedy at the Blues Fest a few years ago and really liked it

He actually sang one of my favourite Doug Sahm songs which impressed me no end
Check out the upside down photo

8 hours of the history of country music

ive only seen the first 2 hours so far 

Really is great 

cost about $150 but can’t recommend it enough 

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Americana /Alt Country runs right through there music
Shakespeare Hotel is in a class of its own

Uncle Tupelo were great

Funnily enough can’t get into Wilco for some reason

Actually saw Jeff Tweedy at the Blues Fest a few years ago and really liked it

He actually sang one of my favourite Doug Sahm songs which impressed me no end
Check out the upside down photo

8 hours of the history of country music

ive only seen the first 2 hours so far 

Really is great 

cost about $150 but can’t recommend it enough 

image.jpg

Yeah, I've been a fan of Farrar and Tweedy for a long time, but like you, I struggle with a lot of what Wilco do..............maybe it was Jay Farrar's influence I was enjoying more.

Cheers,

Keith

Hi All,

Still with David Bowie, Station To Station

Station.jpg.e6ef13bbd575ac2e888076604d98e78d.jpg

JJ

Twin Peaks - "Limited Event Series Soundtrack" - 2LP Green Vinyl

Not to derail the thread but I disagree with comments regarding coloured vinyl being a poor cousin to black. Some of my best sounding/quietest pressings are on coloured vinyl, and of those "coloured", more often than not the clear presses are sensational.

_MH19789.thumb.jpg.7f8b699ec62edc4d0a93fe1cc6ae678c.jpg

_MH19791.thumb.jpg.6c6a17a6c0cbbda72063327746f7c832.jpg

_MH19792.thumb.jpg.74ff92645b6a48cd020d53c35a5a0325.jpg

_MH19793.thumb.jpg.b81cf1034ea796b946b01554fd2267f5.jpg

Relaxed brunch at home on Australia Day, happy Australia Day to all. In the tradition of Phar Lap and Russell Crowe, a great Australian singer with very good sq vinyl

Lorde, Pure Heroine

31A9A3DE-EA61-4453-9271-1CDC37E7F3A3.jpeg

The Whitlams - Eternal Nightcap 2006 vinyl release. My favourite Whitlams album. 

29568149-4571-4787-AAF7-75D6D5814584.jpeg

46 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Relaxed brunch at home on Australia Day, happy Australia Day to all. In the tradition of Phar Lap and Russell Crowe, a great Australian singer with very good sq vinyl

Lorde, Pure Heroine

You forgot Crowded House and Lamingtons.😄

48 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Twin Peaks - "Limited Event Series Soundtrack" - 2LP Green Vinyl

Not to derail the thread but I disagree with comments regarding coloured vinyl being a poor cousin to black. Some of my best sounding/quietest pressings are on coloured vinyl, and of those "coloured", more often than not the clear presses are sensational.

_MH19789.thumb.jpg.7f8b699ec62edc4d0a93fe1cc6ae678c.jpg

_MH19791.thumb.jpg.6c6a17a6c0cbbda72063327746f7c832.jpg

_MH19792.thumb.jpg.74ff92645b6a48cd020d53c35a5a0325.jpg

_MH19793.thumb.jpg.b81cf1034ea796b946b01554fd2267f5.jpg

Some people say the same about picture discs. But the few l have sound pretty good.

2 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Lorde, Pure Heroine

Nice choice - us Aussies like to claim the Kiwis as our own ...... hahahahaha

and don't forget the Pavlova !!

Edited by April Snow

Hi All,

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, The Firstborn Is Dead

245260196_CaveFirstborn.jpg.838915042ab67d0ffe83feabc7188dd5.jpg

JJ