Vinyl - Currently Spinning

2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have the CD of In Utero 

I hindsight I should have purchased the Nirvana LP albums when they came out - but kids job and family got first priority in those days 

I’m on the same wagon :) there was a first Oz pressing of Nevermind in the classifieds few months ago, I think it was over 200 and seemed in good condition.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hlov said:

I’m on the same wagon :) there was a first Oz pressing of Nevermind in the classifieds few months ago, I think it was over 200 and seemed in good condition.

That’s even a reasonable price if it’s VG+... NM and genuine VG++ US1st pressings, ORGs and MoFi are in the $500au territory, give or take.

I’m hoping to have the ORG versions of incesticide, in utero and unplugged by the end of the year, unplugged is the tough one to find - just missed out on a sealed one for $200 - hoping for VG++/NM for $150ish (patience, patience, patience).

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 1

Next up is a Various artist LP with bonus 12” single 

Released by RCA Australia 

This is - One of a number of great Jazz compilations put together by former RCA Australia executive, Ron Wills who was a true jazz afficianardo and had one of if not the best private collection of jazz recordings in the southern hemisphere.

Artist - Various 

Title - Immortal Jazz Classics (1979) 

DC68-AF3-D-E49-D-44-AE-B4-D9-CB20471-BC7

9-DCFB6-E5-2246-4-BE3-A97-A-19431-DF9-E6

• Like 4

Well folks, I'm just working my way through some old vinyl going back to the '70s and '80s  that I rarely play these days and I'll be freeing up some space when they are gone. I came across this Little River Band - First Under The Wire on MoFi label and this one won't be going with the others. What a great collection of songs and Glen Shorrock had one of the great rock voices and boy could these lads harmonise. I know I bought this back in the day when it came out, so probably over 40 years ago now and this MoFi copy has obviously replaced the original.

Little River Band - First Under The Wire.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Well folks, I'm just working my way through some old vinyl going back to the '70s and '80s  that I rarely play these days and I'll be freeing up some space when they are gone. I came across this Little River Band - First Under The Wire on MoFi label and this one won't be going with the others. What a great collection of songs and Glen Shorrock had one of the great rock voices and boy could these lads harmonise. I know I bought this back in the day when it came out, so probably over 40 years ago now and this MoFi copy has obviously replaced the original.

I found a sealed Aussie Maxicut for $5.. would love to hear that one.

• Like 2

Townes Van Zandt - Rear View Mirror on TVZ Records. This 2LP live recording isn't the best live recording, but its not bad either. I'd recommend it to anyone who is a fan of one of the great singer/songwriters.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Townes Van Zandt - Rear View Mirror.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

Yech

I was just about to award you a gold star for good taste?

Have a listen to this great Australian band starting with the first record as a way to redeem yourself ?

image.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Time for a cool change :) . I have the Oz pressing and It sounds nice

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keyse1 said:

Yech

I was just about to award you a gold star for good taste?

Have a listen to this great Australian band starting with the first record as a way to redeem yourself ?

image.jpg

OK, no gold star, I can live with that, but what am I redeeming myself from?:unsure: BTW, that looks like an old work truck I used to own.:ohmy:

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

The Little River Band?

pretty sure you would like Halfway

I’ll try and track down Halfway and have a listen, but I actually like LRB and particularly First Under The Wire.  I have to admit that I would probably listen to 90% or more, country, folk or bluegrass, but I do occasionally listen to other genres........really!?

I would probably listen to maybe a dozen vinyl albums a day, but unlike others here, I don’t post each one here in this thread. If I did, I think I’d be spending all day posting on StereoNET...........if I do post an album though, I usually figure it will be of interest to other members here. My apologies if the majority have a country leaning, it’s just my preferred genre.?

Cheers Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

I’ll try and track down Halfway and have a listen, but I actually like LRB and particularly First Under The Wire.  I have to admit that I would probably listen to 90% or more, country, folk or bluegrass, but I do occasionally listen to other genres........really!?

I would probably listen to maybe a dozen vinyl albums a day, but unlike others here, I don’t post each one here in this thread. If I did, I think I’d be spending all day posting on StereoNET...........if I do post an album though, I usually figure it will be of interest to other members here. My apologies if the majority have a country leaning, it’s just my preferred genre.?

Cheers Keith

Not to be taken too seriously Keith

Country music is a bottomless pit of great music

Country rock goes like this to me

The Byrds 

The Flying Burrito Brothers 

Anything with Gene Clark in it 

Jackson Browne 

The first 2 Eagles records (before they became responsible for the worst music ever made by a human being)

And then Halfway a great country rock n roll and sometimes great rock n roll country band from of all places Rockhampton 

Two very good writer singers and 7 piece band with pedal steel banjo acoustic and electric guitar

The sound might be American but lyrically very very literate Australian 

• Like 2

Im finishing off the spinning for the day with some cool piano sounds 

This album is pitch and depth perfect - piano with orchestral backing is beautiful on some of the worlds best known tracks 

Artist - Roger Williams 

Title - Spanish Eyes 

86-EC33-AA-B89-D-4981-ACF4-EA26-AD68-DFB

D797-ED6-B-A276-4-ABB-9-F6-A-A751-A0974-

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keyse1 said:

Not to be taken too seriously Keith

Country music is a bottomless pit of great music

Country rock goes like this to me

The Byrds 

The Flying Burrito Brothers 

Anything with Gene Clark in it 

Jackson Browne 

The first 2 Eagles records (before they became responsible for the worst music ever made by a human being)

And then Halfway a great country rock n roll and sometimes great rock n roll country band from of all places Rockhampton 

Two very good writer singers and 7 piece band with pedal steel banjo acoustic and electric guitar

The sound might be American but lyrically very very literate Australian 

Oh, I never really take it too seriously, but I do love it! I’m also a big fan of ‘country rock’ and for me that probably started with Gram Parsons and that too as a genre is a bottomless pit as well.............I would fit that in between country and folk.

I’m a big fan of the Audreys and the Waifs and particularly the latter could sound very American at times, but they are always solidly rooted in Australia lyrically. Love Sara Storer’s approach though..........no way you would mistake her for anyone other than Australian.

Cheers Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Haters are gonna hate, but I'm with you on this - great album and the MFSL version is  a really good press.

10 hours ago, furtherpale said:

That’s even a reasonable price if it’s VG+... NM and genuine VG++ US1st pressings, ORGs and MoFi are in the $500au territory, give or take.

I’m hoping to have the ORG versions of incesticide, in utero and unplugged by the end of the year, unplugged is the tough one to find - just missed out on a sealed one for $200 - hoping for VG++/NM for $150ish (patience, patience, patience).

I found the thread, the asking price was 350 (Nirvana Nevermind Vinyl LP 1st US pressing) and sold more than that on Discogs 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Some dinner preparation and post dinner listening

Foreigner, Records

Roy Orbison, Mystery Girl (Deluxe)

3723A7E2-1699-478F-B962-4B3A47E888B3.jpeg

12E0E097-DF2C-4AA5-A3CF-F5E91E6EA87B.jpeg

With Mystery Girl, what about the bonus 45rpm disc of Roy doing ‘Crying’ with K D Lang? There’s only one crook song on Mystery Girl, but the 45 single certainly makes up for that!?

Cheers Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Some dinner preparation and post dinner listening

Foreigner, Records

Roy Orbison, Mystery Girl (Deluxe)

3723A7E2-1699-478F-B962-4B3A47E888B3.jpeg

12E0E097-DF2C-4AA5-A3CF-F5E91E6EA87B.jpeg

I have ordered that Mystery Girl from Amazon too - interested to hear the 2 LP that comes with it.

• Like 2