Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All

David Bowie, Space Oddity with the change to an Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge.

Bowie.jpg.de79ce56b1e30f52dda4e48f0d4a27d4.jpg

JJ

That combo must sound fantastic 

Carlos - Blues for Salvador

48A5364A-1B20-46BE-951E-0D6ED01B5EC5.thumb.jpeg.3379613fde0784bd8baccee3fb46bc64.jpeg

Hi All,

Still on Pink Floyd, The Endless River

584662409_EndlessRiver.jpg.232a3b925a05ceb6df80243a3bedec84.jpg

4 minutes ago, hlov said:

That combo must sound fantastic 

Yes, different to the Hana EL cartridge it replaced, The Ortofon has a Fine Line stylus, the Hana an Elliptical stylus. The amount of time used for each is different also, the Hana has about 250 hours use and the Ortofon about 50 hours, so will need another 30-40 hours to be at its best. 

JJ 

More blues,

Peter Green - In the Skies. What a great album

3852E19A-3AA5-4388-AD01-2E70650DDE69.thumb.jpeg.ef71c54227cea21309be4bd1d20779ea.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Still on Pink Floyd, The Endless River

584662409_EndlessRiver.jpg.232a3b925a05ceb6df80243a3bedec84.jpg

Yes, different to the Hana EL cartridge it replaced, The Ortofon has a Fine Line stylus, the Hana an Elliptical stylus. The amount of time used for each is different also, the Hana has about 250 hours use and the Ortofon about 50 hours, so will need another 30-40 hours to be at its best. 

JJ 

I’m interested in hearing your feedback regarding sibilance on the two carts.

IMG_20161011_185135246.thumb.jpg.0ed399eca6e9505d82a06385baaf162c.jpgOkeh blues compilation

The Jayhawks - Tomorrow The Green Grass on MOV label. I think their best album too and one that I haven't played for a while, but great to hear these beautiful harmonies again.:thumb:

The Jayhawks - Tomorrow The Green Grass.JPG

Hi All,

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Rising Sand

1273543620_RisingSand.jpg.b23a56181e24c77f1881ef2314b4bdfb.jpg

JJ

This soundtrack sounds really nice, it’s a shame that the Johnny’s Mambo is not included here

85C88228-A520-4FF1-8292-108DBCE4BF5A.thumb.jpeg.fe711f779e344039e54cfdca473576da.jpeg

Hi All,

Public Service Broadcasting, The Race For Space

1333100963_Race4Space.jpg.3fcc6cba06b421329b5345ca58d5c790.jpg

JJ

The Greatest of the Guess Who

07837DAF-CBBD-4728-96F0-3FCDFFC8DB09.thumb.jpeg.d617373306315db3c9f7b3a95c1b9c3d.jpeg

Crazy for You OST, Ms Snow you probably will like this

EA324961-49E0-45C3-94EC-88C21A36701C.thumb.jpeg.0548abb42ee795a772fbe7cdfdfd2b5d.jpeg

3 hours ago, hlov said:

This soundtrack sounds really nice, it’s a shame that the Johnny’s Mambo is not included here

85C88228-A520-4FF1-8292-108DBCE4BF5A.thumb.jpeg.fe711f779e344039e54cfdca473576da.jpeg

I was given this for Xmas - it is a great record but I wish Johnny's Mambo was on it too. 

42 minutes ago, hlov said:

Crazy for You OST, Ms Snow you probably will like this

EA324961-49E0-45C3-94EC-88C21A36701C.thumb.jpeg.0548abb42ee795a772fbe7cdfdfd2b5d.jpeg

I do indeedy !!!!!!! 😍

👍😉😁

Friday Arvo & LONNNGGGGGG Weekend !!!

Time to get the Party Started .......... 🎊🎶

Madonna 

Music

German Pressing

IMG_3317.JPG

How good is Friday night?

The beer is also good :) have a great night all!

BA00F30E-AF71-448A-8A29-44C024D38B62.jpeg

30 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

Friday = Freaking AWESOME !!!!!! 

No beer here but might make myself a Black Russian cocktail.......

Happy Friday back at ya 🙂

Nice music for a Friday night BTW 👍

Edited by April Snow

It’s definitely a rock evening, much similar, and much the same between the two exhibited here (also Never Mind the Bollocks which played as one of a few in between).

much prefer my ‘listening view’

9C610DE2-F8C8-4C53-B85F-5807B550D0FC.jpeg

73E6E67D-09C5-4FF7-A0F7-B5284AFFF907.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale

More great classic jazz that never ages 

A collectors Series LP ( in stereo ) 

Artist - Louis Armstrong and His Allstars 

Title - European Concert Recordings By Ambassador Satch

https://www.discogs.com/Louis-Armstrong-And-His-All-Stars-European-Concert-Recordings-By-Ambassador-Satch/release/12557795

7965-FE8-D-F2-C2-4380-AAFF-91-F82025-EAD

13 hours ago, furtherpale said:

Good choice, how’s the sound quality of that record, I have an original and also a 200 grams but somehow I like the original pressing more

Supertramp Paris, very nice concert

DF8FD50B-D84B-4BA1-B266-F64CB1F3E724.thumb.jpeg.c8f6c6b2222bfdac22eb87e5795e6054.jpeg

16 minutes ago, hlov said:

Good choice, how’s the sound quality of that record, I have an original and also a 200 grams but somehow I like the original pressing more

Polarising - 

It sounds like a professionally made demo tape. Sort of like the Steve Albini masters of in utero, but not quite like bleach (original sub pop pressings or the sub pop analogue reissue - it’s been ruined in new remasters). My second favourite is any 1st pressing - those are still ‘slicker’ than the MoFi, a little compressed, but early ‘90s compressed, not brickwalled and ruined like the new ‘remasters’ (the one’s I’ve heard anyway... I can absolutely appreciate why many (if not most) have this as their go to... we’re talking different as opposed to better/worse.

I’m yet to hear the ORG version, but my understanding is it’s pretty close to the 1st pressings.

Nevermind is my most valuable record (by quite a bit) - but I’d love to have a 1st pressing to have the best of both worlds (I have an original release CD, which gets me through, and the MQA on tidal is pretty good too). It’s just a little hard to justify even further considerable investment for a copy I’d be happy with (NM).

Edited by furtherpale

16 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

Polarising - 

It sounds like a professionally made demo tape. Sort of like the Steve Albini masters of in utero, but not quite like bleach (original sub pop pressings or the sub pop analogue reissue - it’s been ruined in new remasters). My second favourite is any 1st pressing - those are still ‘slicker’ than the MoFi, a little compressed, but early ‘90s compressed, not brickwalled and ruined like the new ‘remasters’ (the one’s I’ve heard anyway... I can absolutely appreciate why many (if not most) have this as their go to... we’re talking different as opposed to better/worse.

I’m yet to hear the ORG version, but my understanding is it’s pretty close to the 1st pressings.

Nevermind is my most valuable record (by quite a bit) - but I’d love to have a 1st pressing to have the best of both worlds (I have an original release CD, which gets me through, and the MQA on tidal is pretty good too). It’s just a little hard to justify even further considerable investment for a copy I’d be happy with (NM).

Thanks for the comprehensive answer, the album is amazing. As I said before I have a 200 grams 45 RPM reissue that sounds ok but nothing spectacular and also have another 80s pressing, after your post not sure if I should call it Original or first pressing anyway here they are ;)
CAB8E0D6-64AE-4E85-B916-C85683AAF2A3.thumb.jpeg.9849eb1b479a9da8a9a674078193a5ec.jpeg

12 minutes ago, hlov said:

Thanks for the comprehensive answer, the album is amazing. As I said before I have a 200 grams 45 RPM reissue that sounds ok but nothing spectacular and also have another 80s pressing, after your post not sure if I should call it Original or first pressing anyway here they are ;)
CAB8E0D6-64AE-4E85-B916-C85683AAF2A3.thumb.jpeg.9849eb1b479a9da8a9a674078193a5ec.jpeg

Apologies, this is the ORG version: https://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermind/release/2045333

ORG is sort of like MoFi, but IME more intent on recreating the original release master with a few minor tweaks and more concentration on the quality of the chain first time around, as opposed to a whole new master from scratch like MoFi. Sort of recreating a perfected version of a first pressing, direct from the tape.... when they’re new they are about $70au... so significantly cheaper than a first press, but they catch up.

All three are pricey though! Maybe one day...

Edited by furtherpale

I have the CD of In Utero 

I hindsight I should have purchased the Nirvana LP albums when they came out - but kids job and family got first priority in those days 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.