Vinyl - Currently Spinning

5 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

The Fabulous Johnny Cash...........that's for sure. This is a reissue of his '58 album on Columbia label and still sounds great today.

The Fabulous Johnny Cash.JPG

Impeccable taste

coolest record on here ? 

since it started

unless I’ve forgotten one

which is possible 

• Like 5

Just firing this up for the first LP of the night...

If you’re not inclined to spend on premium pressings, but love The Beatles... This is the one to spend the $$$ on. For about $150-ish brand new and still available (and probably flipable for a profit once oop), you get a little bit of everything music wise and a fully analogue chain from tape to press.

DF399583-F087-49AC-B6BF-096B24AE1EAF.jpeg

149BDD3B-3166-494E-8AA4-2A7B081DA141.jpeg

For me, this in addition to Rubber Soul, Revolver, MMT, Sgt. Peppers and Let it Be naked and I have my Beatles sorted.

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 8

This album and Bootleg Vol II are always in high rotation here, but I particularly like Vol I. If you haven't heard these tapes recorded mainly in '73 when Johnny was in his early forties, you should make an effort to have a listen. Just the man and his acoustic guitar, so the tracks are spare, but they're well recorded and what I like is the commentary from Johnny Cash about how he wrote the song or how he learned or came across it..................great insight into the man and his music.

Johnny Cash - Bootleg Vol I.JPG

Johnny Cash - House Of Cash Studio.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 7

Listening to this album I'd swear they were in the room with me.................Tex Perkins teaming up with Don Walker [Cold Chisel] and Charlie Owen [Beasts of Bourbon, Cruel Sea] on 'All Is Forgiven'. A great collection of songs over 2 LPs and highly recommended.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Tex, Don and Charlie - All Is Forgiven.JPG

• Like 8

1 minute ago, cheekyboy said:

Listening to this album I'd swear they were in the room with me.................Tex Perkins teaming up with Don Walker [Cold Chisel] and Charlie Owen [Beasts of Bourbon, Cruel Sea] on 'All Is Forgiven'. A great collection of songs over 2 LPs and highly recommended.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Tex, Don and Charlie - All Is Forgiven.JPG

agree Keith.  lovely album indeed.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, furtherpale said:

Just firing this up for the first LP of the night...

If you’re not inclined to spend on premium pressings, but love The Beatles... This is the one to spend the $$$ on. For about $150-ish brand new and still available (and probably flipable for a profit once oop), you get a little bit of everything music wise and a fully analogue chain from tape to press.

DF399583-F087-49AC-B6BF-096B24AE1EAF.jpeg

149BDD3B-3166-494E-8AA4-2A7B081DA141.jpeg

For me, this in addition to Rubber Soul, Revolver, MMT, Sgt. Peppers and Let it Be naked and I have my Beatles sorted.

The Caveman Club looks intriguing?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, April Snow said:

Madonna

I'm Breathless

1990 Pressing - Australia

Always loved this album on CD, so much nicer on vinyl.

IMG_3271.JPG

Dick Tracy, she did several soundtracks back at the day. I think I have Crazy for you somewhere 

• Like 3