Hi All,

Dream Theater, Distance Over Time

400437241_DoTDreamTheater.jpg.1619ca747bebfff5cd1cef45b8f257db.jpg

JJ

The gunners 

147BAB07-77E5-43F0-A836-71ABCB99BF84.jpeg

2 hours ago, hlov said:

A nice soundtrack composed and performed by the slowhand

I am almost positive that is the exact model Yamaha receiver that I had when I was living in San Diego. Sold it, and my Yamaha turntable and speakers, and my Nakamichi cassette deck when I moved to Australia. I liked that receiver a lot, it worked really well with the Yamaha speakers too.

I'd say check for my signature inside the case to see if it is my actual machine, but I don't think I signed that one. I did sign some other pieces of equipment for ID purposes, but I don't remember doing it for my San Diego stuff.

2 hours ago, HKL said:

I am almost positive that is the exact model Yamaha receiver that I had when I was living in San Diego. Sold it, and my Yamaha turntable and speakers, and my Nakamichi cassette deck when I moved to Australia. I liked that receiver a lot, it worked really well with the Yamaha speakers too.

I'd say check for my signature inside the case to see if it is my actual machine, but I don't think I signed that one. I did sign some other pieces of equipment for ID purposes, but I don't remember doing it for my San Diego stuff.

Can’t see anything on your signature but the amplifier is a CA 810 and the tuner a CT 800, love them both. 

I haven’t played this in ages. It sounds so good

E3D491D6-9F3A-4DB0-B072-8B806092602B.jpeg

2 hours ago, hlov said:

The gunners 

147BAB07-77E5-43F0-A836-71ABCB99BF84.jpeg

Nice, I’ve always wanted this on vinyl, how is the SQ?

Just now, awayward said:

Nice, I’ve always wanted this on vinyl, how is the SQ?

A bit too bright on my opinion, it’s a German pressing. I used to have a 7” of Patience that sounded much better but I think I gave it away to a missus friends that stayed with us and the husband was a big G&R fun and was playing my records all the time :)

6 minutes ago, hlov said:

A bit too bright on my opinion, it’s a German pressing. I used to have a 7” of Patience that sounded much better but I think I gave it away to a missus friends that stayed with us and the husband was a big G&R fun and was playing my records all the time :)

Surprising as German pressings are usually excellent, must be the mix, if you don’t want it let me know 😀

4 minutes ago, awayward said:

Surprising as German pressings are usually excellent, must be the mix, if you don’t want it let me know 😀

They are, my yellow Illusion is German and sounds amazing. To be honest and wouldn’t mind sell it as I keep buying the same albums over and over as I’m looking the for the holy grail of the records and the duplicates ended up on the classifieds :)

51 minutes ago, hlov said:

They are, my yellow Illusion is German and sounds amazing. To be honest and wouldn’t mind sell it as I keep buying the same albums over and over as I’m looking the for the holy grail of the records and the duplicates ended up on the classifieds :)

Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered, for just such an emergency, I still have it :) can’t wait for the family to go to bed for listening it 

08817461-5BB1-490A-B3C0-D7AA39E0D298.jpeg

And finally, Guns n’ Roses - Patience 45 RPM 7” US original pressing. Superb sound quality 

82599550-0D92-4A08-A5C0-A4AC3F1C5506.jpeg

Another little pickup from my first fair -

Got to love some Buddy Holly 😆

IMG_2798.JPG

10 hours ago, hlov said:

Madonna debut album

0420F666-D798-4696-9F86-EDC01B46A515.jpeg

Yes tis a goodie 

5 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Yes tis a goodie 

Ha, 

and look who is spinning again, this has been a material day 

00AFFA12-7D3E-48AA-9D92-0EF67102E6C0.jpeg

24 minutes ago, hlov said:

Ha, 

and look who is spinning again, this has been a material day 

00AFFA12-7D3E-48AA-9D92-0EF67102E6C0.jpeg

Indeed it is a "material day" - good choices. I picked this album up on the weekend (from a store) a preloved Japanese copy but it will have to be returned as it has too much surface noise sadly on the first two tracks. Early Madonna is wonderful but Erotica is my fav album of all. 80s was good for fantastic music 😍

1 minute ago, April Snow said:

Indeed it is a "material day" - good choices. I picked this album up on the weekend (from a store) a preloved Japanese copy but it will have to be returned as it has too much surface noise sadly on the first two tracks. Early Madonna is wonderful but Erotica is my fav album of all. 80s was good for fantastic music 😍

That's  a shame, Japanese albums are usually very good. Get an Oz copy if u can, mine sounds amazing

H

1 minute ago, hlov said:

That's  a shame, Japanese albums are usually very good. Get an Oz copy if u can, mine sounds amazing

H

Yes I have an Aussie copy (Discogs) original 80s pressing - but sadly the last track has a scratch on it (Love Dont Live Here Anymore) and it causes a loop !! 

Shall search for another copy - was pretty upset at the time as the rest of it is Mintier than Mint !!

5 minutes ago, hlov said:

H

PS I think the Aussie copy sounded better than the Japanese which is a tad too bright - but still I would have been happy as a piggy in Poo if it didn't have the surface noise 🙂

Edited by April Snow

Hammer time 

E6A467A4-4386-4E69-B88E-235E29B86D1B.jpeg

TAPP - Eve

3EC5B031-BF33-437F-BD9A-6311A5775331.jpeg

Hi All,

Lowe Country, The Songs Of Nick Lowe

1553320334_NickLowe.jpg.46c374282949bb1f0fbc88aae5a7047f.jpg

Tracklist;
A1    –Caitlin Rose    Lately I've Let Things Slide    
A2    –The Parson Red Heads    Don't Loose Your Grip On Love    
A3    –Robert Ellis (2)    All Men Are Liars    
A4    –Amanda Shires    I Love The Sound Of Breaking Glass    
A5    –JEFF The Brotherhood    Marie Provost    
A6    –Erin Enderlin    Lover Don't Go    
B1    –Hayes Carll    (I'm Gonna Start) Living Again If It Kills Me    
B2    –The Unsinkable Boxer    When I Write The Book    
B3    –Colin Gilmore    You Make Me    
B4    –Chatham County Line    Heart Of The City    
B5    –Lori McKenna    What's Shakin' On The Hill    
B6    –Griffin House    Cracking Up    
B7    –Ron Sexsmith    Where's My Everything?

JJ

Does this need any introduction?

6925C39B-FD2F-42D6-98B7-1DD68CF341AB.jpeg