Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky. 33rpm on Asylum Records. One of my favourite performers and this is one of his best.:thumb:

 

 

Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky.JPG

Another fan here, love "For Everyman" too! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Janjuc

    2296

  • hlov

    1635

  • Full Range

    1558

  • April Snow

    956

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blondie The Best of Blondie Australia 1981  

The Beatles Abbey Road Japan 1976 NM with OBI & Insert   Discogs say this is one of the best pressings, and it does sound pretty FAB !!  

More chill out tunes....... thanks @Smp. Wonderful album 🙏🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼

18 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

it's come a long way from when I was all Digital front end when you visited back in the day...  You are responsible for / assisted with most of the upgrades

Yep, those digital days saw a lot of kit come and go and I don’t mean loudspeakers either, in search of the sound you wanted. It was always there though and you just needed to embrace where it resided..............you did resist for a while though!👍

I know I’m biased, but you’ve put together a system there now that is one of the best I’ve heard and one that holds its own with the very best out there. 
 

Cheers Keith

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, an early one, Kicking Against The Pr!cks.

 

Pricks.jpg.c773965a601c0d014ac1de22d491a66d.jpg

 

JJ

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites


Evening Folks.

 

A fine slab o' Technical Death Metal...   'Necrophagist' - The name originates from the Greek roots νεκρο- nekro- ("dead body") and -φαγος -phagos ("eater of").

 

Necrophagist  'Epitaph'  2004 Relapse Records.

1872631717_NecrophagistEpitaph2004RelapseRecords..JPG.4267cb70e6256cb3afab1352bc9ae56b.JPG

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

In-between  writing screenplays for the 'Carry On' films David Coverdale likes to record albums under the moniker 'Whitesnake'.

 

Whitesnake 'Slide It In' (1984)

 

P1070751.JPG.29eaaab048568585e2c99d252e088bee.JPG

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rocketfrogs said:

In-between  writing screenplays for the 'Carry On' films David Coverdale likes to record albums under the moniker 'Whitesnake'.

 

Whitesnake 'Slide It In' (1984)

 

P1070751.JPG.29eaaab048568585e2c99d252e088bee.JPG

I really need to get the remastered 35th anniversary version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scuzzii said:

 

 

yep, I have similar to Terry.

 

Okki Nokki RCM and a Ultra sonic (US) from Poland 

 

my process is:

 

1) clean each record on the Okki Nokki using the fluid and vacuum them

2) place 4 or 5 on the spindle that comes with the US cleaner  (I use Triton X-100 and some of the Okki Nokki fluid)

3) 20 mins in US

4) rinse in a bucket with water and Isopropyl Alcohol

5) vacuum each album again to remove the water

6) sit in a rack and check their quality (ie Play them)

 

 http://www.ssapl.com.au/product-group/2969-triton-x-100-lr/category/392-t

 

 

cleaning2.jpg

cleaning1.jpg

By pure observation. I see that record cleaning and red wine go hand in hand.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites


Arrived today. Nilsson Schmilsson.

Bought the cd last month, and then thought this is a must have vinyl piece. It actually sounds better on vinyl than the cd on my system.

 

This is another guy l didn't get into at the time. Thought it was old people's music. Now I'm old. Lol.

But l think it's a briliant album. It has got a bit of everything on it hasn't it. jazz, swing, pop, rock, even reggae. Add da lime to da coconut. Dr, I said Dr. What a catchy song.

 

My favourite song is Jump In To The Fire. Love the heavy drumming and then when the bass line comes in.

Just brilliant.

 

The vinyl itself os a lovely colour.

Not usually into coloured vinyl. Bit this is lovely.

 

 

 

15868541210449070706402968299916.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

4) rinse in a bucket with water and Isopropyl Alcohol

I was wondering if you made a spray bottle of this mixture and apply it straight to the record on the vacuum machine, could you could save yourself a step?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Arrived today. Nilsson Schmilsson.

Bought the cd last month, and then thought this is a must have vinyl piece. It actually sounds better on vinyl than the cd on my system.

 

This is another guy l didn't get into at the time. Thought it was old people's music. Now I'm old. Lol.

But l think it's a briliant album. It has got a bit of everything on it hasn't it. jazz, swing, pop, rock, even reggae. Add da lime to da coconut. Dr, I said Dr. What a catchy song.

 

My favourite song is Jump In To The Fire. Love the heavy drumming and then when the bass line comes in.

Just brilliant.

 

The vinyl itself os a lovely colour.

Not usually into coloured vinyl. Bit this is lovely.

 

 

 

15868541210449070706402968299916.jpg

Yep, "Coconut" and "Jump Into The Fire" are my favourites on that album too. I had forgotten about those songs until I was watching the Underbelly series, I think it was. They used "Jump Into The Fire" in Roger Rogerson's murder of Jamie Gao, at the storage unit.

 

My dog Jack hates the drumming, and tries to attack the speakers.. :(

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I had a few original Australian pressings and gave most away as there were a lot of good releases around at that time..................like this one!

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocker_Happy

 

Cocker_happy.jpg

 

(I just tried to play my original copy but it has seen too many parties in the 70's......................or maybe I should try revirginizer on it....?)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites


Dead Can Dance ‎– Dionysus  - just bought this - was not too interested tbh, but it got down to $30, so why not.   Better than expected - sounds in the same vein as Spiritchaser - but the GZ pressing has surprised me - Its really good - Optimal good.  :thumb:

 

Zm1Sm8X.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

 

I had a few original Australian pressings and gave most away as there were a lot of good releases around at that time..................like this one!

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocker_Happy

 

Cocker_happy.jpg

 

(I just tried to play my original copy but it has seen too many parties in the 70's......................or maybe I should try revirginizer on it....?)

This reminded me of a JC LP I picked up recently and which I've never played...as it turns out to be "With a Little Help from my Friends" his debut recording featuring sidemen like Chris Stainton, Jimmy Page and Stevie Winwood...

 

https://www.allmusic.com/album/with-a-little-help-from-my-friends-mw0000189534

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/04/2020 at 9:38 PM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

 

Nick Drake to end today. 

 

531476574_NickDrake5LeavesLeft.jpg.e90fffebef36cc5a31b0afb21091adcc.jpg

 

JJ

Melancholy night with some ND for the first time.... he's probably dueling with Elliott S in a far better place now. 3 albums and only 26, cripes thats sad... Cambridge Uni, lovely voice, understated, top tunes. Thanks @Janjuc

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Dead Can Dance ‎– Dionysus  - just bought this - was not too interested tbh, but it got down to $30, so why not.   Better than expected - sounds in the same vein as Spiritchaser - but the GZ pressing has surprised me - Its really good - Optimal good.  :thumb:

 

Zm1Sm8X.jpg

Yer me too. This album did not grab me for some reason. But have found that while most of their albums are great, they are a few dud ones in there as well, and Spirit Chases is one of them. But for $30, this might be worth a punt.

 

Is it just me, or are records generally coming down in price lately.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Yer me too. This album did not grab me for some reason. But have found that while most of their albums are great, they are a few dud ones in there as well, and Spirit Chases is one of them. But for $30, this might be worth a punt.

 

Is it just me, or are records generally coming down in price lately.

 

Records that have not sold are coming down.  DCD is one of them. 😁

 

  $30 is well worth it - the $55 or so when first released was not.

 

 

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

 

Is it just me, or are records generally coming down in price lately.

I have noticed some have come down in price too, particulary if they have download codes attached to them and the codes have expired. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, needlerunner said:

By pure observation. I see that record cleaning and red wine go hand in hand.

the cleaning process does take some time, can't get thirsty..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rocketfrogs said:

I was wondering if you made a spray bottle of this mixture and apply it straight to the record on the vacuum machine, could you could save yourself a step?

it would just be water and alcohol, no cleaning step.  But, worth a try for you to see what happens 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TerryO said:

This is my set up, I clean the record in the ultrasonic for between 20 and 30 minutes depending on what shape they are in. Sometimes a record needs it done twice, if after that it is not dramatically better than I give up on it, this happens in about 20% of cases where the records are to badly damaged. More often then not even brand new records benefit from cleaning.

Once the record has been washed in filtered water and Triton (I think that is what it is commonly called) which is a wetting agent / surfectant, then I rinse the record in filtered water then I vacuum it dry.

If you are interested then click on the link below, it will take you to the thread that has all the information on the kit and whom you buy it from, the chemicals needed and what Ultrasonic cleaner you need to use as a base etc.

In theory you can clean up to four records at once but I have found, for me anyway, that the best results are achieved when you only clean one record at a time. While it's not as flash as some of the mega dollar cleaners it and the vacuum cleaner do a pretty amazing job in most cases for a fraction of the price of the purchase price of one of the dedicated record cleaners that can cost thousands. 

499FFC56-4941-43DF-9E56-F5F964D7D98A.jpeg

Thanks mate. Good info. Cheers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, needlerunner said:

By pure observation. I see that record cleaning and red wine go hand in hand.

No..............I thought they were bottles of record cleaning brew!:ohmy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

John Grant, Queen Of Denmark, LP #2, following on from yesterday when I played LP #1

 

929171092_JohnGrantQueenOfDenmark.jpg.f6dce9b6eb1923d64d56ee5b23d1153d.jpg

 

JJ

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scuzzii said:

certainly a brew used when cleaning records

I’ve observed it being used too, even when records weren’t being cleaned!🤪

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pure gold, the former Fleetwood Mac with the great Peter Green.

The best of Fleetwood Mac, a beautiful Dutch pressing 

 

9DBC185E-F9D9-43B1-9DCA-62DE2A75A83C.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Another 2 X LP release that I am playing LP #1 today, Swans - The Seer

 

682143906_SeerSwans.jpg.f111ae6da4ca8e784547e7e2fb3eda36.jpg

 

JJ

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hlov said:

This is pure gold, the former Fleetwood Mac with the great Peter Green.

The best of Fleetwood Mac, a beautiful Dutch pressing 

 

9DBC185E-F9D9-43B1-9DCA-62DE2A75A83C.jpeg

Yup, my preferred version of Mac too, with Green and Jeremy Spencer!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is another of my “extra ordinary” albums, Joe Jackson - Body and Soul, Oz pressing, stunning sound quality  and the music is great.

 

DE58F77A-8580-4433-9A09-8263BDE85E1C.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stump said:

New EP David Bowie with some 1997 mix.Lots of drum an bass .37EE9514-DF6A-41F0-947D-AF1300D7AC50.thumb.jpeg.b33b5a59be1c28f9418fdab88a015a3f.jpeg

What a gorgeous table, which model is that?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hlov said:

What a gorgeous table, which model is that?

 

Cheers

Clearaudio Master Innovation with Graham Engineering Phantom II Supreme arm Clearaudio da vinci v2 cart Stillpoints and Minus K platform..

P1040264.JPGresize2.thumb.JPG.b25cc17b7ce1f485c3587adbf31134c4.JPG

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Prince, 3121 my favourite album by him.

 

1929283444_Prince3121.jpg.a12d69530a4b102e645ee5b92fe9e358.jpg

 

JJ

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a whole stack of LP's picked up recently which haven't been played until now!

Here's one, from Area Code 615... from what I read these are legendary Nashville session musicians and 615 being the area code of Nashville!

While the music is great, I think it'd be better with some vocals added...just my opinion.

 

https://www.allmusic.com/album/area-code-615-mw0000837213

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

No..............I thought they were bottles of record cleaning brew!:ohmy:

Ha ha. Now, that's funny cb

He is a better man than me.

Love my vinyl. Love my red wine. But never the twain shall meet.

For some reason red wine goes to my fingers. Thought about changing my name from needlerunner to fumblestiltskin at one stage.  So now when l drink and listen, it's Spotify or CD (with extreme caution).

Ken

Edited by needlerunner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stump said:

Cheers

Clearaudio Master Innovation with Graham Engineering Phantom II Supreme arm Clearaudio da vinci v2 cart Stillpoints and Minus K platform..

P1040264.JPGresize2.thumb.JPG.b25cc17b7ce1f485c3587adbf31134c4.JPG

Wow, very impressive, your listening room is very nice as well

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   4 members

  • Similar Content

    • By Jambro
      Item Condition: VG Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Fitzroy State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Downsizing my collection  
      Selling this collection of six Sinatra records. All 60's Aus Pressings and in really great shape.
       
      Albums include:
       
      Songs for swingin lovers
      Cycles
      This is Sinatra
      Come fly with me
      Swing easy
      A man alone
       
       






    • By mwhouston
      Has anyone bought or heard the ortofon Concord Century? Im thinking on adding it to my MM collection. 
    • By Prana69
      Item Condition: NEW Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not being used Further information:
       
      I bought these on a whim several years ago, but never used or installed them.  They look to be pretty handy in the right setting.
       
      Brand new in box with fixing hardware. Both silver in colour. One of the boxes is damaged but the rack is still sealed in plastic.
       
      2 holders available. Price is for one.
       
      Glorious website
       
      RRP = $39
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved


    • By OTOXO
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Further information: Thorens TD 190-2 Turntable as new still in box. Purchased back in 2015 (see photos). Item sold as is. It’s still disassembled if you are interested in buying you are welcome to assemble it on site to make sure its functioning as it should.

      Pickup Leichhardt
       
      Photos:
       




    • By leolitfiba
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brighton State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information:
      $9 Postage Australia Wide 
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved



×
×
  • Create New...