Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

The Creation, Power Surge

 

1043543997_CreationPowerSurge.jpg.ff5d62a38ee31b308a84aa2e40f299da.jpg

 

from the Box Set, The Creation, Creation Theory

1466429128_CreationBoxSet.jpg.e12b8a6b489f2ad14da67ceca441775d.jpg

 

JJ

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Continuing with The Creation, Psychedelic Rose

 

258885298_CreationPsychedelicRose.jpg.6dcf5ecd3e3df1889c153f99036137b0.jpg

 

JJ

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi All,

 

Sky, 2 LP #1.

 

1687131808_Sky2.jpg.7bd7c62ca62803d0476b17073a069e92.jpg

 

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Spooky Tooth, The Best Of

 

1090368365_SpookyToothBestOf.jpg.d927cb98ef8e5bfceee27b8dfef1f686.jpg

 

JJ

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

 

Spooky Tooth, The Best Of


I have a Spooky Tooth LP somewhere 

It’s got a crazy cool album cover 
 

Aust Pressing 

Cat # SFL933864

 

 

 

F8B8BC04-F79B-4DFC-BFA9-17BBF579BE81.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi All.

 

Status Quo, Blue For You. 12 Bar Blues to be played loud

 

1356700170_StatusQuoBlueForYou.jpg.d5f4879db5edee0b164723b68d3d6035.jpg

 

JJ

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites


Kylie Minogue

Golden

Europe

2018 

 

Another bargain - $20 new with free shipping and totally perfect copy.

 

Love a Winner :D

 

 

 

IMG_4270.JPG

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Kylie Minogue

Golden

Europe

2018 

 

Another bargain - $20 new with free shipping and totally perfect copy.

 

Love a Winner :D

 

 

 

IMG_4270.JPG

 

From where April?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just can't stop playing these albums. This record(s)  is (are) simply brilliant.

 

I had the opportunity to go to this concert. And stupidly, l didn't go.

I always thought RW was living off the coattails of PF. Very judgemental on my part. Because at that time l had not heard a single one of his albums. I now stand corrected. The guy is a genius. Clearly he has equel standing with David Gilmour.

 

This album is simply stunning in its recording.  It is like being at the concert 20 rows back.

 

A must buy for audiophiles. Even better when $79 becomes $25. In all honesty, l probably would not have bought it at full retail price.

 

I'm glad l did. It gets better with every listen.

1586678135672286646129887910349.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Evening Folks.

 

One of my first few records ever bought...

 

Iron Maiden - Self Titled  1980 EMI Records, UK. EMI, Aust.

2146390429_IronMaiden-SelfTitled1980EMIRecordsUK.EMIAust..jpg.e28cecb6c082aa4b85b65c3bf7ba69d1.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metal beat said:

 

From where April?

This was an Ebay purchase ..........🙂

 

Was just the single vinyl (not deluxe vinyl) as I already have the CD Deluxe boxed set with the bonus tracks.

 

It is a black vinyl too - so "win win".

 

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, April Snow said:

This was an Ebay purchase ..........🙂

 

Was just the single vinyl (not deluxe vinyl) as I already have the CD Deluxe boxed set with the bonus tracks.

 

It is a black vinyl too - so "win win".

 

 

At that price, no more $20 delivered at ebay.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Evening Folks.

 

One of my first few records ever bought...

 

Iron Maiden - Self Titled  1980 EMI Records, UK. EMI, Aust.

2146390429_IronMaiden-SelfTitled1980EMIRecordsUK.EMIAust..jpg.e28cecb6c082aa4b85b65c3bf7ba69d1.jpg

Nice,

I’m still looking for a copy of somewhere in time, the guitar riff on wasted years is so cool.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Just can't stop playing these albums. This record(s)  is (are) simply brilliant.

 

I had the opportunity to go to this concert. And stupidly, l didn't go.

I always thought RW was living off the coattails of PF. Very judgemental on my part. Because at that time l had not heard a single one of his albums. I now stand corrected. The guy is a genius. Clearly he has equel standing with David Gilmour.

 

This album is simply stunning in its recording.  It is like being at the concert 20 rows back.

 

A must buy for audiophiles. Even better when $79 becomes $25. In all honesty, l probably would not have bought it at full retail price.

 

I'm glad l did. It gets better with every listen.

1586678135672286646129887910349.jpg

Not a fan of him TBH, I went to his concert us and them in Sydney and was great. I bought Radio K.A.O.S and liked it as well and have heard great reviews of Amusing to death, saying that I prefer Gilmour’s work better but to each it’s own :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, metal beat said:

 

At that price, no more $20 delivered at ebay.

Yes was a lucky moment and I seized on it, not that this is my favourite Kylie Album but the price was too good to pass it up. I actually prefer the bonus tracks from the Golden Deluxe CD more than the album tracks to be honest. But was a good deal for a Gatefold and it was flawless. I thought maybe it was a return being so cheap but it was still in it's original shrink wrap, makes me wonder if they made an error in the listing price to be honest.........

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

To end today. Alaskan Tapes

 

27898210_AlaskanInDistance.jpg.a3c9382c8aa9ec708d4f82c7919cd9a8.jpg

 

JJ

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another big listening session yesterday.  The new Jose James is quite good, though not my fav of his. More RnB than previous work (similar to Love in a time of madness album)

 

Lee Morgan Vol 3 - I should play this more.  Outstanding album.  Watched the Movie "Yesterday", terrific IMO.  So a few Beatles albums. Bobby Womack is also outstanding.

 

Jason Isbell and Rodney Crowell always get a run when reflecting on Mum and Dad passing.  A real connection with those 2 albums..  Elephant is just a remarkable song from Isbell.

 

In order of play:

https://www.discogs.com/City-And-Colour-The-Hurry-And-The-Harm/release/4757364

https://www.discogs.com/Bobby-Womack-The-Bravest-Man-In-The-Universe/release/3668613

https://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-Round-About-Midnight/release/3508300

https://www.discogs.com/Donald-Byrd-Royal-Flush/release/6404829

https://www.discogs.com/The-Jazz-Messengers-Hard-Bop/release/5363569

https://www.discogs.com/Kaleo-AB/release/9883955

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Abbey-Road/release/14183308

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Love/release/6389529

https://www.discogs.com/Lee-Morgan-Volume-3/release/3092493

https://www.discogs.com/Hank-Mobley-Roll-Call/release/3342162

https://www.discogs.com/José-James-No-Beginning-No-End-2/release/14889047

https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Sinatra-My-Way/release/6457592

https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Gabriel-Us/release/8744593

https://www.discogs.com/The-War-On-Drugs-A-Deeper-Understanding/release/10751302

https://www.discogs.com/Gillian-Welch-The-Harrow-The-Harvest/release/10618983

https://www.discogs.com/Jason-Isbell-Southeastern/release/5324065

https://www.discogs.com/Rodney-Crowell-Close-Ties/release/10044957

 

 

to the pics

 

 

 

18.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Air, Le Voyage Dans La Lune, an album inspired by the French director George Méliès's silent 1902 film A Trip to the Moon, and is intended to be a soundtrack to the restored version of the film.

 

879118959_AirLeVoyagesDansLaLune.jpg.1d1777738bb90ccbe33f932651d9a2ab.jpg

 

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Neville - Warm Your Heart. 45rpm 2LP reissue on ORG. A very good recording and a delightful album from a very polished performer.

 

Aaron Neveille - Warm Your Heart.JPG

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Started the morning listening to Classic FM on the way to a waterfront swim and then decided to keep wth the theme and have a classical morning.  Kicking it off with one of my favourites, Antony Michaelson on clarinet in Mozart’s K622 Clarinet Concerto.  Michaelson is a clever bugger because he was the designer (?) or at least owner of the company that made my amp, the Musical Fidelity M6si, before selling to Project. This is beautiful music and, to my ears, well played. 
 

9C887D24-B60C-4387-B223-EC0D8974ADB3.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a strange purchase - 

I bid on it on Ebay (new and sealed) as the seller combined free shipping - so thought "why not, try something different"

won it for $4.00 !!

I think the seller would have been totally p*ssed off about that, they increased the  prices on the rest of their listings after that.

 

Maxwell

Black Summers Night

2016

Europe

 

 

IMG_3470.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

The Flaming Lips, Oh my Gawd!!! reissue, a very good pressing, dynamic and quiet.

 

1467247160_OhMyGawd!!!.jpg.df6a8453e7adf7f6003387dd0a485b33.jpg

 

JJ

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @April Snow

5 minutes ago, April Snow said:

This was a strange purchase - 

I bid on it on Ebay (new and sealed) as the seller combined free shipping - so thought "why not, try something different"

won it for $4.00 !!

I think the seller would have been totally p*ssed off about that, they increased the  prices on the rest of their listings after that.

 

Maxwell

Black Summers Night

2016

Europe

 

 

I had Embrya, back at the turn of the century and found it it be a little underwhelming, I hope 'blackSUMMERS'night' is a better experience for you than Embrya was for me. :thumb:

 

JJ

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still on classical (but interrupted for a bit of potential SNA buying, a visit to my work to measure up my TT dimensions then dropped in to Air a Raid Records, with full social distancing) Sibelius, with a monument to him we visited in Helsinki

 

03B517BF-34AE-4C2A-A3FA-D0F2A1E646C2.jpeg

D1B16CCB-1441-43E0-8FAF-78A0CE242A6C.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Girl "Sheer Greed" (1980) A nice slice of NWOBHM before Phil Collen went off to join Def Leppard and Phil Lewis formed LA Guns.

 

P1070749.JPG.fad4862bb29f4b0421c71bdfb276bcc9.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Another big listening session yesterday.  The new Jose James is quite good, though not my fav of his. More RnB than previous work (similar to Love in a time of madness album)

 

Lee Morgan Vol 3 - I should play this more.  Outstanding album.  Watched the Movie "Yesterday", terrific IMO.  So a few Beatles albums. Bobby Womack is also outstanding.

 

Jason Isbell and Rodney Crowell always get a run when reflecting on Mum and Dad passing.  A real connection with those 2 albums..  Elephant is just a remarkable song from Isbell.

 

In order of play:

https://www.discogs.com/City-And-Colour-The-Hurry-And-The-Harm/release/4757364

https://www.discogs.com/Bobby-Womack-The-Bravest-Man-In-The-Universe/release/3668613

https://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-Round-About-Midnight/release/3508300

https://www.discogs.com/Donald-Byrd-Royal-Flush/release/6404829

https://www.discogs.com/The-Jazz-Messengers-Hard-Bop/release/5363569

https://www.discogs.com/Kaleo-AB/release/9883955

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Abbey-Road/release/14183308

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Love/release/6389529

https://www.discogs.com/Lee-Morgan-Volume-3/release/3092493

https://www.discogs.com/Hank-Mobley-Roll-Call/release/3342162

https://www.discogs.com/José-James-No-Beginning-No-End-2/release/14889047

https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Sinatra-My-Way/release/6457592

https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Gabriel-Us/release/8744593

https://www.discogs.com/The-War-On-Drugs-A-Deeper-Understanding/release/10751302

https://www.discogs.com/Gillian-Welch-The-Harrow-The-Harvest/release/10618983

https://www.discogs.com/Jason-Isbell-Southeastern/release/5324065

https://www.discogs.com/Rodney-Crowell-Close-Ties/release/10044957

 

 

to the pics

 

 

 

18.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Man. Your music is very varied.

A good thing indeed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Man. Your music is very varied.

A good thing indeed.

Indeed, eclectic! I’ve been working my way through Rodney Crowell and Jason Isbell’s albums since I read John’s post.😄 @scuzzii

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Aaron Neville - Warm Your Heart. 45rpm 2LP reissue on ORG. A very good recording and a delightful album from a very polished performer.

 

Aaron Neveille - Warm Your Heart.JPG

Voice of an angel. Is vocal range is stunning. Someone you could listen to all day and not be fatigued.

 

His brothers wernt half bad either.

The Neville Brothers, Yellow Moon is still one of my favourites.

 

When l auditioned my first CD player, l asked the salesman to play something that would impress me. And this is the album he played.

I was gob smacked. So l bought the player. On the way home, l bought the CD.

 

After all these years l still get a buzz out of it, even after 30 years. 

15867564145096576213994679458978.jpg

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today’s blind pick landed me with this album 

I’m sure all would agree that this was a massive album for this band 

 

Artist - Supertramp 

Title - Crime Of The Century 

 

27-AC717-F-9-C7-C-4-AAC-8-D2-C-2-AC70601

  • Like 10
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter had these Artist books in storage for a while 

She finally handed them over to me to read and pass away the time during Covid19 homestay restrictions 

 

I’m getting prepared for some intense reading about sex, drugs and rock & roll 
 

ECB54-D80-626-C-4-A38-9-F2-D-96-D1-ACEB0

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favourite classical recordings, just coming to the end of record 2 side D (after the forest on side C) and it’s classical electronica that sounds great on my system.  My only quibble is that it’s too short.  
 

Max Richter, Recomposed (The Four Seasons by Vivaldi). 


 

237FDC68-6321-4392-9C41-D55170B81501.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Jambro
      Item Condition: VG Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Fitzroy State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Downsizing my collection  
      Selling this collection of six Sinatra records. All 60's Aus Pressings and in really great shape.
       
      Albums include:
       
      Songs for swingin lovers
      Cycles
      This is Sinatra
      Come fly with me
      Swing easy
      A man alone
       
       






    • By mwhouston
      Has anyone bought or heard the ortofon Concord Century? Im thinking on adding it to my MM collection. 
    • By Prana69
      Item Condition: NEW Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not being used Further information:
       
      I bought these on a whim several years ago, but never used or installed them.  They look to be pretty handy in the right setting.
       
      Brand new in box with fixing hardware. Both silver in colour. One of the boxes is damaged but the rack is still sealed in plastic.
       
      2 holders available. Price is for one.
       
      Glorious website
       
      RRP = $39
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved


    • By OTOXO
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Further information: Thorens TD 190-2 Turntable as new still in box. Purchased back in 2015 (see photos). Item sold as is. It’s still disassembled if you are interested in buying you are welcome to assemble it on site to make sure its functioning as it should.

      Pickup Leichhardt
       
      Photos:
       




    • By leolitfiba
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brighton State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information:
      $9 Postage Australia Wide 
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved



×
×
  • Create New...