Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

1 minute ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Freshly peeled...

Slade  'Slayed'  1972 Polydor Records.  First Oz Press.

Probably Slade’s  best selling record 

Give it a really good clean 

But dry Australian summers are not good for static 

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

But dry Australian summers are not good for static 

Indeed.  I have noticed that when I lift a record off the platter I get a few cracks.  I was just about to post about it.  Co Inky Dink.

I use a carbon fibre brush before every play, is there anything else I could do.  I have noticed a few anti static products around.

Never had this problem in humid, sub tropical Qld.

55 minutes ago, Full Range said:

In my collection I have 

All first Australian pressings of 

Paranoid - 1970

Master of Reality - 1971

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - 1973

Wow how cool - lovely 70s pressings

Edited by April Snow

1 minute ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Indeed.  I have noticed that when I lift a record off the platter I get a few cracks.  I was just about to post about it.  Co Inky Dink.

I use a carbon fibre brush before every play, is there anything else I could do.  I have noticed a few anti static products around.

For summer I use my regular record cleaning solution then follow up with the anti static gun 

1 hour ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Evening all..  I must be careful not to address the fellas only, with the welcome addition of @April Snow to the forum.

Santa dropped in early today...

695823783_BlackSabbathParanoid1971-2006Rhinoreissue.WarnerBros.PressedbyRainboRecordsUSA.180gm.Masteredfromoriginalanaloguetapes..JPG.1afdcbcd1b9780d9bae5c29bafef27e1.JPG

Currently spinning...

Black Sabbath  'Paranoid'  1971 - 2006 Rhino reissue.  Warner Bros.  Pressed by Rainbo Records, USA.  180gm.  Mastered from original analogue tapes.

I've never had this one on vinyl before.  I must say I'm very impressed with this record, all nice covers and great sound.  But hearing this on vinyl for the first time is blowing me away.  War Pigs and Iron Man with considerable volume.

Ohhhhhh how exciting - nice that Santa is Black Sabbath fan - who would have guessed it? Move over Rudolph, Santa might replace you with a reindeer named Ozzie !!

I had a good "Santa Day" too - 

poor postman must be hating me lately.

Thank for you remembering me too 🤗

Enjoy 🙂

3 minutes ago, Full Range said:

anti static gun

Ouch... a little pricey on ebay.

10 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I am struggling too, I am on the Gold Coast and it is hot but we are in a drought and no decent rain - and lots of smoke around too, and static is driving me crazy. I thought I was doing something wrong? I even have the Zero Stat Gun and I use the carbon brush too - and then "Milty" again - it is driving me crazy.

Oh but got to tell you this what I found out less than an hour ago - DO NOT hold the Carbon Brush and think you can hit it with the Milty Zero Stat - I did that - and I will NOT do it again - was not expecting to feel pain in my hand - I don't know the records survive it.  There is no way I would ever put it near the actual turntable.

LOL 🤪

8 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Yes they are expensive, but they do work - just don't mess around and shoot it at anyone as fun, it will give you a sting a bit stronger than flicked rubber band - I accidentally shot myself if the thumb tonight holding my carbon brush thinking it was a good idea and might remove static from the brush prior use (oops) - all it has done is killed my thumb for a while (haha).

I got my gun from Audio Trends in Oz, I found it cheaper and they were willing to price match to $130 with free shipping if that helps.

11 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

But they last for ever 

My unit is from the 70s 

New arrival -

Etta James - The Very Best Of

I was sceptical what this might be like (ebay purchase from UK) but WOW what a copy !!!!!

Plays so beautiful and rich and no clicks or pops (only minimal static from the weather as it is so dry here at the moment)

I have several of her CDs and all of them have some tape hiss at some point but this has no hiss and her voice is deep and full  with lots of bass and just was the perfect selection of songs from start to finish. 

I love Etta - she had me waltzing in my living room in my Pajamas  (as she often does).

This LP beats all CDs I own hands down and my only fear is I will wear it out !!!

Earlier in the week I was feeling low and regretting my decision to dabble in Vinyl and got depressed wanting to give up, but playing this tonight reminded me just how good something can sound and be enjoyed (even on my basic turntable), it truly made my day.

IMG_2420.JPG

Edited by April Snow

Hi All,

Finishing the day with, Late Night Tales

LNT1.jpg.e9db360ef2995d2d36c9d3bdc93e776f.jpg

JJ

On 03/12/2019 at 9:56 PM, hlov said:

What is the track listing?

It doesn’t have the track list on it but the list below sounds right. I’ll confirm next time I give it a spin and let you know if it differs.

5FB48995-B153-4AE1-AE95-1E808D66AE0C.jpeg

At the risk of sparking up the Aldi/Reject Shop debate, I picked this up a couple of days ago at The Reject Shop for $20...

Ramin Djawadi - L'Orchestra Cinematique  'Game of Thrones'  2019 Khemko, UK. MusicBank.

803148025_RaminDjawadi-LOrchestraCinematiqueGameofThrones2019KhemkoUK.MusicBank_800.jpg.72ae9b62534721fd3715f6b0ec2cc12e.jpg

1 x black and 1 x picture disc.  Compositions by Ramin Djawadi, Chelsea Joy Wolfe and George RR Martin.

The second, black vinyl sounds pretty good, but needed a glue clean, still a couple of clicks and pops.

The picture disc, as usual sounds good but quite cracklyeven after a glue clean, playable and enjoyable, but I wish they had two black discs.

Hi All,

Working my way through the Bowie, A New Career In A Town ( 1977 -1982), Heroes

DB1.jpg.a20ac4795f657c646596cf23bfa66b57.jpg

Heroes.jpg.c6e3ab9e009b11aa47dfee91fe30bdf6.jpg

JJ

A New Zealand band that some may possibly recognise 

I would categorise the genre as new wave / rock 

The band released  some albums under this name then they moved to England and changed the bands name to The Exponents 

Not a bad album overall 

Artist - The Dance Exponents 

Title -  Prayers Be Answered

First press on Mushroom records NZ 

ID - L38077

4-A13-C55-C-3-EAB-4-A9-F-A6-DD-CFE4620-D

Hi All,

A new arrival, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Out Of Nowhere

1898726522_ELOOutOfNowhere.jpg.eb590ae1da2f717566ddffa27069e860.jpg

JJ

Hi all,

Marillion, All One Tonight, Disk 3

374696833_MarillionAllOne.jpg.093f5b1ee22239f1fabff7df979d7345.jpg

Tracklist:

E1    The Space    
E2    Afraid Of Sunlight    
F1    The Great Escape    
F2    Easter

JJ

Hi All,

The OST to Ziggy Stardust And The spiders From Mars

Ziggy.jpg.1bd0d6f004e2196a5cb3b69eea4f25a1.jpg

JJ

Mr Green 

5B847864-EFFC-4EEC-941F-B34696A43C13.jpeg

I Have seen this album many times on my local shop so I decided to buy it.

simply red Men and Women

D598BA79-B82B-4C43-ACF2-B867BA939A51.jpeg

23 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I use a carbon fibre brush before every play

make sure it is the kind of brush that actually electrically connects the bristles to the metal handle (and your hand) so the static is actually drained away.  Some cheap ones don't do this.

48 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

make sure it is the kind of brush that actually electrically connects the bristles to the metal handle (and your hand) so the static is actually drained away.  Some cheap ones don't do this.

I am actually looking for a new carbon brush, I think the cheap one I got from the local record store is crappy.

Is one like the Audio Quest one you are thinking of as it has the metal on the top?

https://www.avaustralia.com.au/audioquest-anti-static-record-brush/

or this other one that is all metal by "AM"

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 9.49.13 pm.png

Edited by April Snow

16 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I am actually looking for a new carbon brush, I think the cheap one I got from the local record store is crappy.

Is one like the Audio Quest one you are thinking of as it has the metal on the top?

https://www.avaustralia.com.au/audioquest-anti-static-record-brush/

or this other one that is all metal by "AM"

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 9.49.13 pm.png

Can't be sure.  Some have metal, but it is insulated from the fibres.

The audioquest one looks better however.

The carbon fibre and velvet one from JB Hifi is cheaper however.

On 04/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, Rustee said:

It doesn’t have the track list on it but the list below sounds right. I’ll confirm next time I give it a spin and let you know if it differs.

5FB48995-B153-4AE1-AE95-1E808D66AE0C.jpeg

It looks like the Head on the door album time