Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

Hi All,

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

However I lent out Slade Alive and haven’t seen it since 

I know the feeling well, having 'lent' copies of LPs back when young and they have been lent on and nobody 'knows' where they are 😢

JJ

18 hours ago, Full Range said:

@April Snow 

You only need to please yourself 

I have always played records because playing records brings a smile to my heart 

Equipment can be a money trap if not careful and any new equipment should be viewed in a holistic way or match the rest of your system 

So just enjoy your journey for now and don’t loose the spark in your heart 

Thank you, I have already spent a packet on the start of this hobby that I did not expect - just simple things like the Spin Clean & the Milty Zerostat  - hahahaha - but so true it can be a money trap & I won't lie, I am already thinking of a new turntable only a few weeks in from owing this one - (or at least  a cartridge upgrade) as I think it will push the good parts of my system better (good amp & speakers), but I do love the look of my turntable but it is an "entry" model I know - but I am glad to have it - but I will need to see and hear other turntables to make any future upgrades because the truth is I know of nobody that has one (or any interest in music as I have) so can't compare mine with anyone elses. But I will save my pennies and over my Xmas break research again and see if I am prepared to give up things like the strobe light and cue light (I do like those as they look cool but also the cue light is helpful). 

But I can see how it can become a money trap and I want to avoid always being discontent & ungrateful for what I do have too. 

Thank you for your comments xx

Just now, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

I know the feeling well, having 'lent' copies of LPs back when young and they have been lent on and nobody 'knows' where they are 😢

JJ

That is one of the reasons I have been filling in holes of my LP collection 

I have a list for the next 2020 record fare - but now the list is getting shorter 

18 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

G’day April.

This is indeed a most helpful, friendly, supportive and respectful forum.  I have just bought my first ever ‘new’ piece of equipment, a Music Hall MMF 2.2 TT.  Until now all my gear was either salvaged, given to me or bought from Op Shops.

In 3 years of membership here I have never been disrespected or criticised for my gear, or my musical preference, which is about 50% Metal, and have no hesitation in posting.

There is a wealth of informed members and info available here.  Enjoy.

For me it’s all about the music.

Cheers.

Ant.

Yes, I am noticing this too - it is a lovely community & I am grateful I was pointed to this forum from the other one. 

I tend to buy new because I have no idea how to "fix" or "repair" things but I think if you can do this you are at an advantage because there are greater opportunities of choice.

13 hours ago, needlerunner said:

April Snow. So sorry you had to experience the haters of the world. F%/#k 'em all l say. You are pretty savy, so you will pick out an excellent tt. Just Enjoy the journey.

Thank you 🙂

12 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hello again April.

I've just moved interstate from Mt Tamborine (Gold Coast Hinterland).  While living there I found a great record and TT shop - Beatniks Records, Niecon Plaza, Shop 7-8/19 Victoria Ave, Broadbeach QLD 4218.  Phone: (07) 5538 7665  The owner is Jayden and he's very friendly and helpful.  Highly recommended.

He used to work for Atlantis Music at Southport, which is also still operating, though I read on another thread that they may be closing and going on-line only.  I had two negative experiences with the owner of Atlantis and would never shop there again, but it may be worth a look for you.  You can look them up if you feel inclined.

Hope this is of some help.

Ant.

Thank you for this, I am going to make a point to go and check them out 🙂

Hi All,

Asia, Resonance Vol 1 - Disc 2, Live 2010

478339438_AsiaOmega.jpg.12c0d83f0b6ec7dc0d7d38a26bfdd243.jpg

JJ

Hi All,

Heilung, Lifa live recording with same below

1051993593_HeilungLifa.jpg.ffe299bc2c0a86cb92fb2cc468b258c9.jpg

JJ

3 hours ago, April Snow said:

Thank you 🙂

5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it looks like I have some spin..

Screenshot_2019-12-01-21-00-31.png

April snow...

here's some the first snow storm for the season !

3 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

JJ

2 things l never lend, my music; and my women.😄

Hi All,

5 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

2 things l never lend, my music; and my women.😄

Ah well, the loaning was getting on nearly 50 years ago, in my mid / late teens, so can't recall many of them, some great, others not so much :thumb:

Currently spinning, Dire Straits first, self titled album

205379864_DireStraits.jpg.293bdd316b4bac0ee1b936daaaa26939.jpg

JJ

now spinning my vintage copy..

a big difference in low end !

Genesis trick of the tail

IMG_20191201_213805_hdr.jpg

Thank you, I have already spent a packet on the start of this hobby that I did not expect - just simple things like the Spin Clean & the Milty Zerostat  - hahahaha - but so true it can be a money trap & I won't lie, I am already thinking of a new turntable only a few weeks in from owing this one - (or at least  a cartridge upgrade) as I think it will push the good parts of my system better (good amp & speakers), but I do love the look of my turntable but it is an "entry" model I know - but I am glad to have it - but I will need to see and hear other turntables to make any future upgrades because the truth is I know of nobody that has one (or any interest in music as I have) so can't compare mine with anyone elses. But I will save my pennies and over my Xmas break research again and see if I am prepared to give up things like the strobe light and cue light (I do like those as they look cool but also the cue light is helpful). 

But I can see how it can become a money trap and I want to avoid always being discontent & ungrateful for what I do have too. 

Thank you for your comments xx

A Rega Planar 3 with a Ortophon Bronze cart is a great tt.  It has won many awards. Won't break the bank, and you will get years of enjoyment out of it. My first tt was a Rega 1 withe a Blue Ortofon cart. I thought that was a great budget hifi tt for 1k.

Then a few years down the track, upgrade your other components. Slow and Steady Wins the Race. I have only upgraded 3 times in 45 years of listening to music 🎶🎸.

You can spend thousands for not much of an improvement, if the bug bites.

Best to find that sweet spot in ones budget.

Yes, I am noticing this too - it is a lovely community & I am grateful I was pointed to this forum from the other one. 

I tend to buy new because I have no idea how to "fix" or "repair" things but I think if you can do this you are at an advantage because there are greater opportunities of choice.

There is some great bagains in classifieds. Most lovingly cared for.

I think most people on this site treat their hifi better than their wife. Or at least spend more money on them😄

💓To all the loving considerate and patient wives out there.

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

April snow...

here's some the first snow storm for the season !

That is so bad !!

Here I am sweltering - it is so hot here today in sunny Queensland Australia - 2nd day of Summer - I feel like I could fry an egg on the bonnet of my car.

Please stay safe and enjoy the music whilst you wait it out.

🙂

Edited by April Snow

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

There is some great bagains in classifieds. Most lovingly cared for.

I think most people on this site treat their hifi better than their wife. Or at least spend more money on them😄

💓To all the loving considerate and patient wives out there.

Yes a big hug to all the patient wives 🙂

I forgot about the classifieds, I must keep an eye on them -

I have been reading about the Tecnics SL 1500C today - 

is it bad I am already hankering for this upgrade? 

LOL

Edited by April Snow

2 hours ago, needlerunner said:

A Rega Planar 3 with a Ortophon Bronze cart is a great tt.  It has won many awards. Won't break the bank, and you will get years of enjoyment out of it. My first tt was a Rega 1 withe a Blue Ortofon cart. I thought that was a great budget hifi tt for 1k.

Then a few years down the track, upgrade your other components. Slow and Steady Wins the Race. I have only upgraded 3 times in 45 years of listening to music 🎶🎸.

You can spend thousands for not much of an improvement, if the bug bites.

Best to find that sweet spot in ones budget.

I shall look that TT up, thank you - the Marantz Amp is only 2 weeks old and the B&W speakers about 6 weeks old - so not thinking of an upgrade there - just the T/T - thanks for the tip 🙂

Edited by April Snow

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

IMG_20190728_153819_hdr.thumb.jpg.092e3f13b9fd102330f1a73a8d658e19.jpg

Nice rack. Bunnings under $40? Very similar to mine. Nice work.

My LPs are currently out of the way, awaiting re-assembly and re-deployment of the rack. So many things to do.

Les

Hi All,

Depeche Mode, Remixes 81-11

1356298422_81-11Remixes.jpg.cf50bc2971f51d2a7101b1e73425d898.jpg

Tracklist of LP 6:

J1    Leave In Silence (Claro Intelecto 'The Last Time' Remix)    4:56
J2    In Chains (Alan Wilder Remix)    7:17
J3    When The Body Speaks (Karlsson + Winnberg Remix)    6:55
K1    Puppets (Röyksopp Remix)    4:40
K2    Tora! Tora! Tora! (Karlsson + Winnberg [from Miike Snow] Remix)    7:38
K3    Freestate (Clark Remix)    4:50
L1    I Want It All (Roland M. Dill Remix)    6:43
L2    A Question Of Time (Joebot Presents 'Radio Face' Remix)    5:32
L3    Personal Jesus (Sie Medway-Smith Remix)    6:25

16 minutes ago, Uncle Seth said:

So many things to do.

Les

Take a number and join the queue. Same here :thumb: 

JJ

4 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Ah well, the loaning was getting on nearly 50 years ago, in my mid / late teens, so can't recall many of them, some great, others not so much :thumb:

JJ

You should have wrote your name on the cover and the labels in a really prominent position.. lol

Nilsson - '...That's The Way It Is'

IMG_20191202_183132.thumb.jpg.2118bd5a722f69eb801378dc0bfb0179.jpg

Morning All,

Beginning the day with Alaskan Tapes, You Were Always An Island

1934929561_AlaskanTapes.jpg.62ba1c020ff18d2a0682a7a9aa197b30.jpg

JJ

Hi All,

The Kinks, Village Green Preservation Society, mono from the 50th Anniversary Box Set

Kinks.jpg.db86e7afbaf43ce361bcf0ad98afeee8.jpg

JJ

17 hours ago, Uncle Seth said:

Nice rack. Bunnings under $40? Very similar to mine. Nice work.

My LPs are currently out of the way, awaiting re-assembly and re-deployment of the rack. So many things to do.

Les

Muscle rack it was under $50 ..usd..

i added .75.. Birch plywood $40 usd..