Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

Hi All,

Oczy Mlody by The Flaming Lips, Double LP as opposed to the initial single release, mastered by Chris Bellman

Oczy1.jpg.df8fe2c36cadaefbc507b755b450194f.jpg

Also had a change of cartridge to an Ortofon Rondo Bronze (Nude FG80 diamond) with about 50 hours from a Denon DL-103 (Spherical tip) which has about 180 hours, and the difference in distinct.

JJ

Edited by Janjuc

Hi All,

Laurie Anderson, Big Science

1418300011_BigScience.jpg.97b2f5717228685b1ea00c11eae9ceb2.jpg

JJ

ACDC - Back In Black - 1980

1st press, Albert/EMI Australia  APLP.046

2019-11-29_06-53-42.jpg

22 minutes ago, Cideburns said:

2019-11-29_06-53-42.jpg

Your Aus pressing looks in much better condition than mine, which has been played to death, great album.

Danzig - I  1988 Holland Pressing (London Records)

2019-11-29_07-32-20.jpg

3 minutes ago, awayward said:

Your Aus pressing looks in much better condition than mine, which has been played to death, great album.

It's a bit crackly, but the music is loud and noisey enough that I don't notice too much 😎 

Hi All,

Alaskan Tapes, You Were Always An Island

1119575966_YouWereAlwaysAnIsland.jpg.4ff98f59f713fbbf7379eb83f9a36113.jpg

JJ

Jane's Addiction - Stop / 3-Days 12"  

2019-11-29_09-39-43.thumb.jpg.f367def010d58b00ff0fc50eac7f0018.jpg

FNM - The Real Thing
1989 (30 years ago!)

2019-11-29_09-59-57.jpg

10 hours ago, Cideburns said:

2019-11-29_06-53-42.jpg

Have the same one, bought it ages ago. It sounds really nice, Hell Bells is so cool

I read on a Magazine about this album, the reviewer recommended as his favourite Stones album. Really nice indeed and this Oz pressing sounds great

A9AAFF70-BDA2-4484-AEB2-3A5EA4D189D0.jpeg

I have been looking for a nice copy of this album, not bad at all for a 5 dollars record

91655A68-48C9-4F6C-BF44-35671AC572E5.jpeg

Morning lads.

A little 'buzzsaw' guitar to start the day...

The Michael Schenker Group - Self Titled - 1980 Chrysalis Records, Eng. Festival Records, Aust. Promo Copy.

771000082_TheMichaelSchenkerGroup-SelfTitled1980ChrysalisRecordsEng.FestivalRecordsAust.PromoCopy_600.jpg.c6c3368f128d85a5e520165d0e3ace83.jpg

It’s amazing the impact of a couple of words on your listening experience 

5965A5A4-A1A7-472D-A767-6AD1A8C53540.jpeg

Sticking with the 'buzzsaw' sound...

Ozzy Osbourne  'Blizzard of Oz'  1981 - 2010 Remaster by George Marino 2011,  Epic, Legacy, Sony Records.

656722996_OzzyOsbourneBlizzardofOz1981-2011RemasterbyGeorgeMarino2010EpicLegacySonyRecords600.jpg.7feb77e9996cc21179ee2f23a65fb3e8.jpg

I sent the wife off the the Black Friday sales on one condition 

Go to JB HiFi and get me these 3 LPs  ( will post titles when she returns ) 

So while she is shopping I will be spinning in peace 

The Beatles made  a movie or two 

So did Slade - this album is the music from that film 

Some great songs on this album 

Artist - Slade 

Title - Slade In Flame 

2768-DC12-4-A86-4-C79-80-F2-54-F53149737

60-A713-E3-17-E0-4-E6-D-BB07-0-DAFC6961-

OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 is a reissue of the 1997 album OK Computer  by Radiohead. It was released in June 2017, the album's 20th anniversary, following the acquisition of Radiohead's back catalogue by XL Recordings from EMI in 2016.

The album is remastered and includes B-sides released on OK Computer singles, plus three previously unreleased songs: "I Promise", "Man of War", and "Lift". 

P1070601.JPG.25358d4da856e05da767a44752f5aec6.JPGP1070602.JPG.398cd438982f8f5773211ded8f55a3ce.JPG

Hi All,

David Bowie, Welcome To The Blackout, Live In London 1978

1903199738_BowieBlackout.jpg.8cbc078bb6e1ed27c3e682fd0cf39305.jpg

JJ

Hi All,

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Four Way Street

1260637012_CSNY.jpg.c639b78437f8c0230f13b8569678c5c9.jpg

JJ

OK the better half is back from shopping  - But I’m not a good at waiting 😃

This is the record haul on the Black Friday sales ( although today is Saturday) we ordered and paid to be collected today - that is smart 

Anyway 

1) Deep Purple - Machine Head, 180 gram limited purple disc 

2) Cream - Disraeli Gears, 180 gram remaster

3) Mike Oldfield- Tubular Bells, 180 gram remaster 

All by back to black vinyl 

3050-F92-B-AACE-4-FD9-92-E7-42-BD39-D9-D

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi

896580257_YoshimiFlaming.jpg.17f58b2bf58e8471a757cad803a26868.jpg

JJ

4 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi

896580257_YoshimiFlaming.jpg.17f58b2bf58e8471a757cad803a26868.jpg

JJ

I don't know that album but that Vinyl and the photo look incredible - *just sayin"* 

Queen - Jazz

So I went to JB yesterday and picked up a Limited Edition exclusive to JB  only - (in UK only HMV got this Pink issue so I think we are lucky to get this here) it is the same 1/2 Speed re-master from analogue tapes as the 2015 issue in Black Vinyl and comes with the nude Bicycle Race Poster as well.

This is a new 2019 release & my search on Discogs and forums assured me the sound is the same as the Black 2015 vinyl (I am overall not a fan of coloured vinyl and usually opt for black).

It sounds so different to the CD - the quiet parts are "quieter" and the rocking parts are more "Explosive".

I am still discovering differences as a newbie 🤣

When it started out I thought "oh this is awful so quiet something is wrong with it"  and turned it up to almost max then it built to such a huge cresendo it shook the photos on the wall and it kept building. 

Comparing to CD  issues I have (both 1991 & 2011) it is so different - the CDs are not so noticeable in the build up (particularly the 1991 CD), but the vinyl sure is. Sorry this turned out to be a review, but if you are a QUEEN fan like me - you might like to snaffle this whilst it lasts as it is a Limited Edition only.

P.S. and tonight in my part of QLD bloody sticky as hell and static is my enemy !!

Might watch TV now (after I shoot everything with the Milty Zero Stat!!) - LOL 😆😆

IMG_2279.JPG

Edited by April Snow

34 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Queen - Jazz

So I went to JB yesterday and picked up a Limited Edition exclusive to JB  only - (in UK only HMV got this Pink issue so I think we are lucky to get this here) it is the same 1/2 Speed re-master from analogue tapes as the 2015 issue in Black Vinyl and comes with the nude Bicycle Race Poster as well.

This is a new 2019 release & my search on Discogs and forums assured me the sound is the same as the Black 2015 vinyl (I am overall not a fan of coloured vinyl and usually opt for black).

It sounds so different to the CD - the quiet parts are "quieter" and the rocking parts are more "Explosive".

I am still discovering differences as a newbie 🤣

When it started out I thought "oh this is awful so quiet something is wrong with it"  and turned it up to almost max then it built to such a huge cresendo it shook the photos on the wall and it kept building. 

Comparing to CD  issues I have (both 1991 & 2011) it is so different - the CDs are not so noticeable in the build up (particularly the 1991 CD), but the vinyl sure is. Sorry this turned out to be a review, but if you are a QUEEN fan like me - you might like to snaffle this whilst it lasts as it is a Limited Edition only.

P.S. and tonight in my part of QLD bloody sticky as hell and static is my enemy !!

Might watch TV now (after I shoot everything with the Milty Zero Stat!!) - LOL 😆😆

IMG_2279.JPG

Thanks for the comprehensive review, very cool looking record. What table is that? Technics?

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Thanks for the comprehensive review, very cool looking record. What table is that? Technics?

No, I wish it was a Technics - it is my first turntable to cut my teeth on (Audio Technica LP1200) PLEASE don't pay me out for it, I hope to upgrade next year when I find the right thing to move up to - I just wanted to test the waters without a massive commitment as I was not sure how much I would enjoy the hobby first. I am a total newbie 😉