Vinyl - Currently Spinning

On 28/10/2019 at 4:29 PM, Juzbear said:

A spin of the first record I ever bought. Still an enjoyable listen with that almost chewy bass that Iron Maiden do so well.

Iron Maiden- Live After Death

A7CA73C7-8DFC-4F82-9394-B03F1AC1F29B.jpeg

Nice one mate.  The last Maiden vinyl I ever bought.

On 26/10/2019 at 2:51 PM, SkipEsquire said:

Bloody love this album and living in the shittest flat in Dubbo where not a single window or door seals properly "my life is a box of dirt" after all the dust storms we keep getting. Been pretty reluctant to play vinyl lately but had to scratch the itch today.

539258170_photo3(13).thumb.JPG.36732f2d42d1b5289726bef45d07eccd.JPG

Hey Skip, I know what you mean mate.  My recent move to the country has me dusting every third day or so, I was having a whinge about it elsewhere on SNA this morning.

I was expecting dry heat out here, but never considered a constant battle with dust.  I’ve spent a few hours with the gap filler around the doors and windows, for the cold, heat and bloody f*ckin’ dust.  No good me whinging though, have to get used to it.

Not good for us vinyl enthusiasts.

Cheers.

Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1

Hi All,

A new arrival, under the front door mat when I got home from golf about midday , from 'Rarewaves', both LPs unwarped Ant, gave the LPs a clean and allowed to dry, new poly sleeve, as they didn't come with one and ready to play. Flying Colors, Third Degree.

1182556227_3rdDegree.jpg.5b6046213a7e3a4f742bfeecc401bbda.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

I haven't played any Flaming Lips for a few weeks, so giving their latest a spin, King's Mouth

Flaming.jpg.177994164c4d77d66e53ab32b4258719.jpg

JJ

Hey JJ.  Wot U think of the new album mate?  I haven’t heard any of their last three, deciding which I should hunt on vinyl first, value your opinion.

Cheers.

Ant.

Hi Ant

5 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey JJ.  Wot U think of the new album mate?  I haven’t heard any of their last three, deciding which I should hunt on vinyl first, value your opinion.

Cheers.

Ant.

Kings Mouth is a little different, spoken word in a a good proportion and is really a 'fairy story' in its telling. My pick would be Oczy Mlody

424872968_OczyMlody.jpeg.989e8167c939a80e639b293079120166.jpeg

JJ

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

is really a 'fairy story' in its telling.

Sounds interesting.  I really like Primus’ ‘The Desaturating Seven’, a children’s story about goblins sucking the colours from rainbows.

• Like 1

I’m going to slip in a Classical record or 2 as I shuffle through the collection 

This record can be classed a romantic classical on Piano 

Artist - Sviatoslav Richter, Liszt*, The London Symphony Orchestra Conducted By Kyril Kondrashin* ‎– Piano Concerto No. 1 In E Flat / Piano Concerto No. 2 In A

Mono repress by Philips  ABL 3401 

1323D139-EE25-4DC0-BA5F-A9D263AC330F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Listened to this on Tidal a few times after it got Pitchfork album of the week, liked it and waited a bit to see if JB Hifi or any of the local shops got it. Waited a bit longer. Finally ordered it from resist records in Marrickville via eBay. Quick service and record in perfect condition. Listening now, with no regrets- a great record.

Oso Oso- Basking in the Glow

1A8CC7B6-46F6-42D4-8F64-C1C0580A6522.jpeg

Edited by Juzbear
  • Like 2

To Top