Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

Starting a specific thread for Vinyl Record spinning 

My plan is to go through my record collection one by one and post as I go with a nice photo 

Hope all record ( darksiders ) will follow my lead and post on this new Vinyl / Record spinning thread 

So to kick it off I will post one of the very first albums I purchased - and I had to order it 

Since then I never got over King Crimson - still a top 3 favourite band 

Artist - King Crimson

Album - Young Persons Guide 

TT - Garrard 401

Stylus - Stanton 981 LZS 

Tonearm - Transfi Terminator 

Let the fun begin on the Darkside :love

image.jpeg

Edited by Full Range

Next on the listening list is 

Artist - King Crimson 

Album - In the Court Of The Crimson King

An extremely good album 

image.jpeg

I am on a roll and spinning into the pleasure zone 

Spinning now 

Artist - King Crimson

Album - Larks' Tongues in Aspic 

image.jpeg

1. I'll give it a try

2. I like your choices

3. I bought this LP in 1964, it's still one of my favourite go-tos for late-night listening

4. ProJect TT

5. I'm not as neat as you

58c15507def31_Undercurrent0146(Large).thumb.jpg.c6b1132c0bc1804e9622beda7bab0301.jpg

cheers

mick

Next on the spinning list is more KC

Artist - King Crimson 

Album - Starless And Bible Black 

image.jpeg

I don't think we need a specific format spinning thread.

If you check the currently spinning thread most posters list what format they are playing at the time.

Guest Hensa

If you check the currently spinning thread most posters list what format they are playing at the time.

And the vast majority of posters in the other currently spinning threads are spinning records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, soundfan said:

7 minutes ago, Hensa said:

And the vast majority of posters in the other currently spinning threads are spinning records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats fine as It's a free forum 

It's a choice one has to make themselves 

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

Thats fine as It's a free forum 

It's a choice one has to make themselves 

Paul, no offence was intended. But the spinning thread has been running fine for a number of years.

I'm sure you've seen it at some point? 

8 minutes ago, soundfan said:

Paul, no offence was intended. But the spinning thread has been running fine for a number of years.

I'm sure you've seen it at some point? 

I have participated in it and no offence taken 

However you will have also see other music genre spinning threads 

One of the reasons and the main inspiration I started this thread is the presentation format of the participants 

The idea came to me from some posters on Instagram where they photograph the album they are playing and the turntable it's played on 

It also invites discussion on SQ, Tone Arms, Cartridges ect 

This is the main difference of this thread to others 

Just now, Full Range said:

The idea came to me from some posters on Instagram where they photograph the album they are playing and the turntable it's played on 

But many do that on the spinning thread already. It's not new. I believe it was @ferchersan that kicked off the trend of showing album and table pics.

Anyway...knock yourself out. :)

15 hours ago, mickj1 said:

1. I'll give it a try

2. I like your choices

3. I bought this LP in 1964, it's still one of my favourite go-tos for late-night listening

4. ProJect TT

5. I'm not as neat as you

58c15507def31_Undercurrent0146(Large).thumb.jpg.c6b1132c0bc1804e9622beda7bab0301.jpg

cheers

mick

What are all those small picture thingies around your turntable?

:)

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

Coasters for his Tassie cider ?

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

they are what is known as 'alternative means'

cheers

mick

Any UK fans out there ?

I have 3 UK albums to share with with you 

And will do so as I spin them 

First on the list is 

Artist - UK

Album - Danger Money

Edit

Added pressing info photo

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Full Range

To make this vinyl only somewhat more interesting   what pressings you are playing.?

Cheers

Edited by Metamatic

3 hours ago, Metamatic said:

To make this vinyl only somewhat more interesting   what pressings you are playing.?

Cheers

Thats a good idea 

Will include that info in the future 

After watching The Congering with the wife and daughter I had to relax a little 

So I decided to spin another UK album

Artist - UK

Album - Night After Night / Live 

Pressing Issue information in photo

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Next up is my last record of UK

Artist - UK

Album UK self titled 

Pressing information in photo 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wife is at work so I'm vinyl spinning 

For something different 

It's an album that has great SQ and a very interesting Artist list 

Any SNA members have this album 

Artists - Various Artists 

Album - First Edition

Artist and track list with pressing info in photo 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Although I've largely abandoned my Terminator arm, have you tried any of Vic's tweaks? Such as arm cable dressing, change in arm pivot point material, using rubber bands to suspend arm.

One tweak I see you don't have which I used was to put a protective cap on the end of the bottom of the arm. Too easy to scrape the record on it otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Although I've largely abandoned my Terminator arm, have you tried any of Vic's tweaks? Such as arm cable dressing, change in arm pivot point material, using rubber bands to suspend arm.

One tweak I see you don't have which I used was to put a protective cap on the end of the bottom of the arm. Too easy to scrape the record on it otherwise.

My Terminator arm and set up is superb and has no issues 

The setup of this arm was factored in when building the plinth I don't have any issues at all  

Did not know any issues about the pivot points that you mentioned but as an engineer I thought it best to enhance the connection point 

While putting it all together I applied a special coating that is used in string instrument building 

Always careful with record placement so no issues 

With wires I suppose I could have a look at what others are doing as I haven't visited the site for a long time 

I gather the tweaks are all about trial and error, no criticism of the current set ups but only trying to improve.

I'm sure Vic would be receptive to any suggestions, ie your special coating, esp if it could be shared with other owners.

7 minutes ago, Citroen said:

I gather the tweaks are all about trial and error, no criticism of the current set ups but only trying to improve.

I'm sure Vic would be receptive to any suggestions, ie your special coating, esp if it could be shared with other owners.

I am all for tweaks and improvements and don't mind taking things on board and sharing mine when people ask

Take note of the product number on this coating ( see photo ) 

image.jpeg

Guest Misterioso

Sarah Vaughan

EmArcy Records 1954

Reissue: Speakers Corner 2004

Brinkmann Bardo turntable

Jelco SA-750EB tonearm

Acoustical Systems arche headshell

Benz Micro Glider SL MC cart

Tron Seven phono stage

1489213847427-523215189.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MGO
      Item: Vinyl Stuff - Ring Mat Carbon Fibre Brush $50
      Price:  $50 plus postage
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank TT

RingMat Developments have made a business over decades making TT mats.  They work really well.
      The carbon fibre brush is only a few months old and used infrequently. 

• By candyflip
      * Item full name and model etc. ...see below for individual details
      * Location ... Melbourne
      * Item condition description ... varies as detailed in text below (Standard SNA/Goldmine gradings)
      * Price and price conditions ...as specified below 
      * Reason for selling ... latest finds
      * Payment/delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any titles here get brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeves as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 

Please post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

Combine with anything in this list to save postage:

Brazil Classics 2 : O’Samba - w/David Byrne vinyl LP. NEW & SEALED. Compiled by David Byrne (ex-Talking Heads). Includes Digital Download. "The music is wonderful, also a historical archive as partial basis for contemporary Brazilian music. Danceable, singable, easy to listen to over and over again."   $35

Jason Isbell & 400 Unit – Here We Rest – 2011 Lighting Rod gatefold &  7" single (…15506) - SEALED and BRAND NEW. Vinyl album w/ 7" single in gatefold cover.  - $40

Jason Isbell – Sirens of the Ditch - US 2018 Special Deluxe Edition 2LP - SEALED and BRAND NEW.  180 gram 2-disc with download card which includes 4 extra unreleased songs not available on the original release. Deluxe Edition hype sticker and New West Records 20 Year hype sticker.  $42

The Incredible Jimmy Smith – Midnight Special – Blue Note 2015 (602547476463)  BRAND NEW &  SEALED. Blue Note Records 75th Anniversary Vinyl Initiative release of fantastic hard to get Blue Note original recordings.   $38

James – Living In Extraordinary Times – EU pressed 2018 2LP vinyl (…393620)  BRAND NEW and SEALED. 180 Gram Vinyl, includes Download Code.  $40

Various – American Epic :The Best Of Blues – Third Man Records 2017 vinyl - BRAND NEW and SEALED. Remastered using a mix of analog and digital technology. A nifty companion to the amazing US PBS documentary series. Single pocket tip-on jacket with soft touch finish, with black poly-lined inner sleeve. Paramount record masters courtesy of Lars Edegran and the George H. Buck, Jr. Jazz Foundation. Jack White as Producer.   $38

Traffic – When The Eagle Flies – 2013 Ltd Friday Music gatefold - BRAND NEW SEALED. Remastered from original Island Records tapes. Mastering by Joe Reagoso w/ Kevin Gray.   $40

Miles Davis + 19 / Gil Evans – Miles Ahead – US 2013 Columbia KG mastered MONO repress. BRAND NEW and SEALED in baggie. 180-gram audiophile mono vinyl LP. Reissue of the original mono version cat.#: CL 1041. Sticker notes the release is 'individually numbered', however there is no number printed on this cover!  Regardless, another Kevin Gray masterpiece.   $38

SOLD
      Miles Davis- Pangaea – US 2012 Double 180gm LP by Four Men With Beards. BRAND new and SEALED.
      Stop - don't run! 
      This 4 Men With Beards pressing is actually great!   
      Recorded live at Osaka Festival Hall, Japan, Evening, February 1, 1975. Original vinyl released June 1976. 
      180 gram double vinyl, gatefold sleeve.  $42

Ry Cooder – The Prodigal Son – black vinyl EU Concord 2018 repress - SEALED & BRAND NEW - Ry back on top form in this highly acclaimed new album. Great reviews!   $35

Fleetwood Mac – Pious Bird of Good Omen – 2012 MOV EU press - BRAND NEW & SEALED. Nice solid bottom, clear mids and very pleasant top end too. Great collection of Peter Green era tunes.  $40

The Stooges – Stooges – 2010 import Rhino Vinyl 180 Gram Repress LP. SEALED and BRAND NEW. Cut from the original analog Masters, incredible SQ. Highly acclaimed.... "this press is definitely the one to get. Dead quiet, great dynamic range and separation, just all around beautiful sound. I don't have an original to compare to, but this version definitely does have the best sound to me...."THIS is the copy to have… $38

Santana – Inner Secrets – US 2014 Friday Music repress - NEW & SEALED in baggie. Lovely copy, Mastered by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios, and pressed at R.T.I. plant.   $42

Lana Del Rey – Ultraviolence – 2014 US 2LP pressing - SEALED and BRAND NEW. With colour insert.  LP mastered by Wes Garland at Nashville Record Productions and pressed by United Record Pressing.   $42

I was going to ask about packing lps for a move, but just found a box from Naked Wines - it is really solid cardboard and holds a lot of records ( maybe 40) in an excellent fit- not too heat either. Now to find some more!
      Other suggestions ?
      I hate starting a new stream but. I tried various searches on this unsuccessfully 

• By Bill125812
      Item: 57 records 
      Price Range: nil. Nothing 
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Memories from my youth. Some good. Some bad. Lots ugly.  All Ultrasonic cleaned.  Lots of classical. Some pop compilations from 70’s / 80’s. 
      Some good ones. Double ups of mine.   the photos are an example of what you can expect.

prob pickup only.   Redland Bay.  Near Brissy

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

• By candyflip
      * Item full name and model etc. ...see below for individual details
      * Location ... Melbourne
      * Item condition description ... varies as detailed in text below (Standard SNA/Goldmine gradings)
      * Price and price conditions ...as specified below 
      * Reason for selling ... latest finds
      * Payment/delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any titles here get brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeves as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 

Please post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

FREE POSTAGE for any order over $50 
      Delivery guaranteed before Xmas.

10/12  DISCOUNTS in PLACE - FIRST & FINAL

Janet Jackson - Control: The Remixes - 2019 US repress on 2LP black vinyl (602577867422)  VG+/VG+. Cover is great but for some edgewear, and split along bottom edge of 3-4cms. OIS all good, and two slightly marked discs that play great.   $25   $22

Janet Jackson - Velvet Rope - 2LP in gatefold (602577666698) VG++/VG+. Awesome cover with only lightest wear to corner edges, else two great OIS, and two only whispy marked vinyl.      $30   $25

Spoon - Girls Can Tell - US 2008 press (673855019512)  NM/VG++. Lovely cover without wear, disc has only lightest of marks visible.  $20   $18

Peter Gabriel – So – 2016 double disc set gatefold (0884108004340) VG+/VG+. The album has been Half-Speed Remastered and cut to lacquers at 45RPM, across 2 x heavyweight LPs, to deliver maximum dynamic range in the sound. The vinyl was cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter’s main sound engineer Richard Chappell. Gatefold sleeves utilise imagery from the original LP inner bags and all images are newly re-scanned. The album is a Limited Edition and individually Numbered (#9109) on back cover. Cover is great but for a little rubbing wear on front, no hype sticker. Disc 1 has some marks, but plays through them all beautifully. Disc 2 unmarked.   $45   $40

Peter Gabriel – So – 2016 European repress (0884108004548) - 2016 Half Speed Mastered -(884108004548) VG++/VG++. Cover has little wear, and no hype sticker. 33 1/3 half speed mastered lacquer cut by Matt Colton @ Alchemy Mastering.With colour inner. Vinyl is near perfect - a few very light wisps can be found. Really nice all round.   $38   $35

Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation 1814 - US 2019 repress  gatefold first time on double vinyl (602577650413) SEALED VG+/NM. Black vinyl double, never before on twin wax. With everything - just one long thin slash to the front cover left spine, through the shrink, the only letdown.   $20

Genesis – Nursery Cryme – 1971 German pressed ‘320’ mastering in gatefold (6369 916) VG+/VG+. Awesome original cover with only light edgewear to be found, little nick out of top right front corner. Original german store price sticker in place top right front. Gatefold inside is very clean. Back has nothing to mention. Plain white paper inner. Wax is marked aournd the deadwax and rim only - music sections are all beautiful.  $20

Genesis – Trespass – German 70’s reissue press ‘320’ mastering  Laminated Gatefold, Large Mad Hatter Labels (6369 905) VG+/VG+. Cover is fantastic back and front, only tiniest edge wrinkles but 99% of the laminate is as it was created. Price sticker top right front. Inside gatefold is browning and spotting now, else clean and straight. Plain white paper OIS and suspect it's original. The wax is glossy, deep black and has just edge markings to be seen.  $20

Renee Geyer - Moving Along - AUS 1977 OG press (VPL10140) VG+/VG++. Features 'Heading In The Right Direction' and 'Stares And Whispers'. Cover is great but for tiny wear on back (a spot and a hint of ringwear). The wax is absolutely beautiful - lustrous black and no wear.   $30

Rolling Stones - Very Best Of - 2LP AUS Decca/Telmak (TMAK 017) VG+/VG+. Cover is great but for one edge bend top left front, little ringwear shadow on the back, else very nice. Records are great, Disc 1 has a few more whisps and wear then Disc 2. Both play well.   $25

Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits - Stereo AUS 70's repress (613004) VG++/VG++. Amazing cover with virtualy no wear, and a black glossy record. These are usually completely trashed, so this is a great pickup.  $40

Madeline Peyroux - Secular Hymns  - 2016 B&N Exclusive Ltd Time gatefold release (Impulse! – 5701703) NM/NM SEALED. Perfect factory shrink copy with hype sticker on top right front.  $50  

The Police - Synchronicity - Japanese w/OBI (A&M AMP-28075)  VG++/VG++. Cover is faultless, OBI shmick and record unmarked and perfect.    $40