Vinyl - Currently Spinning

9 hours ago, qik_shift said:

Belafonte At Carnegie Hall

Analogue Productions.  Vocals sound amazing.  Can hear somebody in the audience occasionally coughing :)  Senstitive mics.

IMG_6516.thumb.JPG.0efef2f7c92d07d3446ad99db32964dc.JPG

There is only one song I can sing all the lyrics for...

"There's a Hole in the Bucket"

A splendid memory from my childhood.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MarkT said:

Def FX.

Surge.

Purple vinyl Australian pressing 1991.

With the lovely Fiona Horne on vocals.

20201121_121959.jpg

Saw them many times...  was in love with Fiona...  and always thought their T-shirt with  "Where the F*CK is the Drummer"  was an absolute classic.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Full Range said:

As in the 351 Engine 

Thanks, FR, I’m not as one eyed as I use to be, but not that long ago, if I cut myself I bled blue.? I’ve just been adding them up and I get to 7 different Fords that I have owned that used 351 cubic inch motors, mostly Cleveland, but a couple Windsor 351s as well.

The ‘what’ was an exclamation of it being ‘off topic’...........it is your thread, so apologies for going off topic.?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

The ‘what’ was an exclamation of it being ‘off topic’...........it is your thread, so apologies for going off topic.?

Cheers,

Keith

That was @Tab74 s post about page 351 

I just knew what he meant ?

2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

I’m not as one eyed as I use to be, but not that long ago, if I cut myself I bled blue.? I’ve just been adding them up and I get to 7 different Fords that I have owned that used 351 cubic inch motors, mostly Cleveland, but a couple Windsor 351s as well.

And I did part my apprenticeship at Kloster Ford in Hamilton 

I have a feeling you know that dealer 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

And I did part my apprenticeship at Kloster Ford in Hamilton 

I have a feeling you know that dealer 

I certainly do know Klosters at Hamilton and I went to High School in Hamilton too. My introduction to Klosters went back to my late teens and my dad's business had a good relationship with them and dad bought his XW GT from Kloster Ford, circa 1970. I was hooked on Fords and in particular high performance V8s from an early age. Was it a motor mechanics apprenticeship you did there?

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tab74 said:

yes in deed

OK, I probably should have been clearer, but you were being fairly cryptic too!xD I got that you were talking about the cubic capacity of a ford engine, but my post to you initially was a show of mock indignation at your blatant off topic remark.:ohmy: I'll have to brush up on my attempted cryptic comedy, me thinks.:hmm:

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I certainly do know Klosters at Hamilton and I went to High School in Hamilton too. My introduction to Klosters went back to my late teens and my dad's business had a good relationship with them and dad bought his XW GT from Kloster Ford, circa 1970. I was hooked on Fords and in particular high performance V8s from an early age. Was it a motor mechanics apprenticeship you did there?

Cheers,

Keith

Lots of my relatives had business to business dealings with them 

And I was married in the Greek church at Hamilton 

Yes I was an apprentice Motor Mechanic in the mid 70s  but only for my last 2 years at Klosters 

It wasn’t long before I was jointly managing the servicing of the Avis fleet of cars out of a Klosters owned garage in Hunter Street 

• Like 2

Hi All,

Black Sabbath, Monomania. A collection of mono releases, made especially for AM radio.  Part of a limited box set containing the first eight studio  albums plus this LP and one seven-inch vinyl single.

675257327_BlackSabbathMonomania.jpg.2046afed7bc07e3692b629f9df0a0097.jpg

Tracklist:

Side One

“Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)” *
“Wicked World”
“The Wizard”
“Iron Man” (Edited Version)

Side Two

“Paranoid”
“Into The Void” (Edited Version) **
“Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath” (Edited Version)
“It’s Alright”
Radio Spot For Black Sabbath

JJ

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Lots of my relatives had business to business dealings with them 

And I was married in the Greek church at Hamilton 

Yes I was an apprentice Motor Mechanic in the mid 70s  but only for my last 2 years at Klosters 

It wasn’t long before I was jointly managing the servicing of the Avis fleet of cars out of a Klosters owned garage in Hunter Street 

Yep, I had that long association too, but not as far as being employed there. It was Klosters I went to for vehicles for my own business back in the mid to late ‘80s, so their return business was certainly very strong.

When I think about it, it must have been ‘69 when dad bought his XW GT because I was working in 1970 and he bought that when I was still at school. I wish I had that car parked in a garage today actually!?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3