Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Peter Hook & The Light ‎– Power, Corruption & Lies Tour 2013 Live In Dublin The Academy 22/11/13 Volume One.       really good live performance from Hooky and friends, sound quality is excellent for a live album and ZonAU has it for $15  - be quick :thumb:

VBWHDRq.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Old Man Rubber

Al Stewart - Year of the Cat.

The cover art is fantastic - that isometric style and all the weird little cat details and that strange lady in the background doing some kind of weird furry cosplay.  His singing style isn't for everyone (very twee) but it seems so evocative of...something?  Lost empire?  Lot's of exotic travel references.  I dunno, I love it though and this copy is in superb condition too.

20201117_085019.jpg

10 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

The cover art is fantastic - that isometric style and all the weird little cat details and that strange lady in the background doing some kind of weird furry cosplay.  His singing style isn't for everyone (very twee) but it seems so evocative of...something?  Lost empire?  Lot's of exotic travel references.  I dunno, I love it though and this copy is in superb condition too.

20201117_085019.jpg

Always reminds me of Elton when I listen to this Album...

Hi All,

Queen, Playing The Game Argentina 1981

1676365908_QueenPlayingTheGameArgentina1981.jpg.17a0c109d39247ffd413e5b44d3357a3.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    We Will Rock You    
A2    Let Me Entertain You    
A3    Play The Game    
A4    Mustapha    
A5    Death On Two Legs    
A6    Killer Queen    
A7    I'm In Love With My Car    
B1    Need Your Loving Tonight    
B2    Rock It (Prime Jive)    
B3    Save Me    
B4    Now I'm Here    
B5    Dragon Attack

JJ

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

20201117_085019.jpg

This is a superb work! There's a podcast somewhere that explains the genesis of this album and it's a pretty amazing story. I think he is one of the best wordsmiths of our time. His narrative ability is in my view unmatched. I would exhort anybody who is enamoured of this album (undoubtedly his most commercial) to investigate him further. He has an extensive discography. 

• Like 2

Hi All,

36 minutes ago, Bisguittin said:

This arrived yesterday from Germany exactly 7 months after placement of the order. Well worth the wait.

Mogwai  -  Rave Tapes.

20201117_091346-01.jpeg

You are lucky, I am still awaiting about a dozen albums ordered in March / April that I have only received an email that they would be shipping, so it will be interesting to see when they arrive.

Continuing with Queen, Now We're Here, also from a live performance in Argentina

686182575_QueenNowWereHere.jpg.37a35c526d9628762609121741a7da48.jpg

Tracklist
A1    Need Your Loving Tonight    
A2    Rock It (Prime Jive)    
A3    Save Me    
A4    Now I'm Here    
A5    Dragon Attack    
B1    Tie Your Mother Down    
B2    Another One Bites The Dust    
B3    Sheer Heart Attack    
B4    We Will Rock You    
B5    We Are The Champions

JJ

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hlov said:

Another of my treasures, Tea for the Tillerman, first British pressing

1B8B0723-9908-44E5-8261-AA7C349A4073.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful!

Is that the MoFi DSotM under there?

'Brothers in Arms' by Dire Straits .. Early on in my vinyl journey I ended up with two $1 copies of this, IMO, very mediocre album. Cleaned and re-sleeved them in a recent batch and now I feel compelled to listen to it at least once. Even the phone camera doesn't seem to like it; I couldn't, for the life of me, get it to focus on the sleeve.

EDIT: Something of actual interest, I bought some magic eraser today to give that a go after reading the "ultimate stylii cleaning?" thread. Up until now been using Isopropyl alcohol and a stiff bristle paint brush.

IMG_20201117_170146.thumb.jpg.39c851e9af8e19f28acf470206f20281.jpg

Edited by SkipEsquire
  • Like 6

Guest Old Man Rubber
33 minutes ago, SkipEsquire said:

'Brothers in Arms' by Dire Straits .. Early on in my vinyl journey I ended up with two $1 copies of this, IMO, very mediocre album. Cleaned and re-sleeved them in a recent batch and now I feel compelled to listen to it at least once. Even the phone camera doesn't seem to like it; I couldn't, for the life of me, get it to focus on the sleeve.

It's definitely a step down from "Love over Gold" (my personal favourite).  None of the epic sweep, none of the anguished story telling and the guitar wizardry hidden under layers of production.  Still have trouble believing the number of copies of it they sold although the rot probably set in sometime during the making of "Alchemy".  It's also one of those albums more suited to CD rather than vinyl (blasphemy in this thread surely).  Plus the lyrics of "Money for nothing" were problematic enough back in 1985 and are just a massive cringe fest now (not as bad as "Les boys" but still pretty bad).  I reckon "On Every Street" is a better album but again, on CD.

To Top