Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Hi All,

ELO, Wembley Or Bust LP #2 of 3 before thinking about getting dinner ready. ?????

ELO.jpg.25f086213ca347a49be1cfa8e48e229b.jpg

Tracklist:

C1    Last Train To London    
C2    Xanadu    
C3    Rockaria!    
C4    Can't Get It Out Of My Head    
D1    10538 Overture    
D2    Twilight    
D3    Ma-Ma-Ma Belle    
D4    Shine A Little Love

JJ

• Like 10

INXS - Decadance

This is the repress. The original is a very collectible, very limited issue for radio stations only (250 pressed) which I'm proud to say I also have in my collection.

This one sounds great. Not sure whether they came from the original tapes, but it sure sounds like it. Nile Rodgers at his best.

Rip.JPG

4 minutes ago, TDK said:

INXS - Decadance

This is the repress. The original is a very collectible, very limited issue for radio stations only (250 pressed) which I'm proud to say I also have in my collection.

This one sounds great. Not sure whether they came from the original tapes, but it sure sounds like it. Nile Rodgers at his best.

Rip.JPG

Nile Rogers only did Original Sin.  The rest was Nick Launay with that unmistakable drum sound he seemed to patent for INXS, the Models , Midnight OIl and others during the mid 80's.

Just now, metal beat said:

Nile Rogers only did Original Sin.  The rest was Nick Launay with that unmistakable drum sound he seemed to patent for INXS, the Models , Midnight OIl and others during the mid 80's.

I stand corrected.

Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me

God I miss those days. Mastering quality on this one is right up there with the best I've heard on a pop album.

Rip_1.JPG

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, TDK said:

Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me

God I miss those days. Mastering quality on this one is right up there with the best I've heard on a pop album.

Rip_1.JPG

I have that one, USA pressing I think and sounds amazing 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hlov said:

Look for the word PTY somewhere in the album, at least that’s what I do 

can’t really see that anywhere but could be my eye. All Vertigo. Love over gold and Making movies has marketed in Australia by Polygram though Communique is a heavier vinyl 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tab74 said:

can’t really see that anywhere but could be my eye. All Vertigo. Love over gold and Making movies has marketed in Australia by Polygram though Communique is a heavier vinyl 

That's all you need - these are AUS pressings.

Another thing the labels will have is the 'MX' prefix on the catalog - for example, for Love Over Gold, it'll say "MX206577" on Side A and "MX206578" on Side B.

These numbers (and some others) will also be etched into the deadwax - that's the runout section in the wax itself, near the labels.

Only AUS pressings ever have that 'MX' preface in the number written below the prime catalog number, and almost all of them have it that were pressed from the WEA group in this 80's/90's time period.

So if you find a record without any mention of 'Marketed/Sold/Produced/Pressed in Australia', but it has that 'MX' mentioned on the label or in the deadwax, you can 99.9% sure it is an AUS pressing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

An album recently played here so I thought to give it a spin as well 

Only difference is that it’s on another Garrard 401 that I serviced and giving it a spin 

Artist - Supertramp 

Title - Crime Of The Century 

8302-EBA2-ADE1-4181-A106-71-B984507-BBF.

F53-E1588-A331-4693-8-FD1-54-F63-A6-A3-F

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

An album recently played here so I thought to give it a spin as well 

Only difference is that it’s on another Garrard 401 that I serviced and giving it a spin 

Artist - Supertramp 

Title - Crime Of The Century 

8302-EBA2-ADE1-4181-A106-71-B984507-BBF.

F53-E1588-A331-4693-8-FD1-54-F63-A6-A3-F

Great choice, I might give it a play as well

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hlov said:

Mellencamp The lonesome Jubilee

C8BD7AC8-2438-4D73-993B-3257AAB256DF.jpeg

this album had a massive influence on me at the age of 17..  Will forever be a favourite. 

The song "empty hands" always struck a chord, we didn't have a lot of $$ when I was growing up. Some very lean Xmas' (not to the extent in the song, but does have a connection)

Some trivia for you.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/the-story-behind-the-old-man-at-the-bar-on-the-cover-of-john-mellencamps-the-lonesome-jubilee.722761/

jr_news_woody_0320+Z.jpg

• Like 5