Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Droids - Star Peace

"This is Captain Bannister speaking, welcome aboard spaceship 505!"

Relatively early (1978) French Synth with a kick ass disco beat. I have a very hard to find Japanese pressing of this that only comes out on special occasions. This one is the 2018 repress, interestingly pressed at 45 rpm.

Rip.JPG

Edited by Guest

Duran Duran - DMM Mega Mixes (Night Versions)

Rip_1.JPG

Great suggestion on the top right corner of the sleeve! OK, I think I shall!

Rip_2.JPG

Rip_3.JPG

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Not many people would know about the group Palace John...maybe.  I got onto them a while back (probably a heads up from your good self). But it is seriously a good album. But to return the favour.  Here is few l think you will like. Stream them and have a listen.

Predominantly female vocals and stunning at that. I wont go into detail and leave it as a pleasant supprise:

Aunt Cynthia's Cabin - Misty Mountain

Anathema - A Sort of Homecoming

Mostly Autumn - Pass the Clock

Happy listening mate, if you choose to do so.

Ken.

cheers Ken,  will load them up for a stream today.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Not many people would know about the group Palace John...maybe.  I got onto them a while back (probably a heads up from your good self). But it is seriously a good album. But to return the favour.  Here is few l think you will like. Stream them and have a listen.

Predominantly female vocals and stunning at that. I wont go into detail and leave it as a pleasant supprise:

Aunt Cynthia's Cabin - Misty Mountain

Anathema - A Sort of Homecoming

Mostly Autumn - Pass the Clock

Happy listening mate, if you choose to do so.

Ken.

Anathema - wow!!!!  from the opening song I'm hooked.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Not many people would know about the group Palace

I have a Pallas album - Title- The Sentinel 

But it’s different spelling - so not sure if it’s the same band?? 

This one 

https://www.discogs.com/Pallas-The-Sentinel/release/1133603 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Full Range said:

This one is for @April Snow and other prince fans 

It’s a cover of a favourite George Harrison song performed by some of the greats 

The solo by Prince @ 2.28 is amazing 

Yes this one makes me cry every time I see I it (because it shows what a great loss he is now he is gone) - it is from the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame - Prince was asked impromptu to participate in that and he tore the house up - was not rehearsed - shows what a brilliant musician he was. It is wonderful as it his Super Bowl Performance in the pouring rain from 2007. As Prince himself says "ain't nobody that does it like Prince does".

https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/tom-petty-and-others-tell-the-story-behind-princes-while-my-guitar-gently-weeps-solo

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

Hi All,

Hans-Joachim Roedelus, Wasser Im Wind. Solo album by former Cluster, with Dieter Moebius and with Brian Eno for Harmonia, very much in the classic 70s and 80s, Deutche Electronic style

1373637165_RoedilusWasserImWind.jpg.9fbac71fd61dc08f0bb3442d2e6ca501.jpg

JJ

• Like 6

1 hour ago, April Snow said:

Yes this one makes me cry every time I see I it (because it shows what a great loss he is now he is gone) - it is from the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame - Prince was asked impromptu to participate in that and he tore the house up - was not rehearsed - shows what a brilliant musician he was. It is wonderful as it his Super Bowl Performance in the pouring rain from 2007. As Prince himself says "ain't nobody that does it like Prince does".

https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/tom-petty-and-others-tell-the-story-behind-princes-while-my-guitar-gently-weeps-solo

So what happened to the disappearing guitar?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

This one is for @April Snow and other prince fans 

It’s a cover of a favourite George Harrison song performed by some of the greats 

The solo by Prince @ 2.28 is amazing 

Not a Prince fan but that was very very good..

• Like 3

Dusted off my only LZII which came out when I was in Form 4 and acquired after saving my meager pocket money...Oz pressing regularly played on the family Grundig radiogram, still sounds good today as it did then....ahhh the memories!

IMG_20200705_122824028.jpg

• Like 8

Hi All,

David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails, Under Pressure. Nine Inch Nails supported Bowie on the U.S. leg of his 1995 Outside Tour. And at the conclusion each night of Nine Inch Nails’ set, the band would remain onstage as Bowie appeared, and the two acts would perform together to make for one continuous program.

279650404_BowieandNIN.jpg.902a587b7208785aa7a34f0e0d49cbea.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

22 hours ago, April Snow said:

Finishing off the session today before dinner and Neflix ........

Carpenters

The Very Best of the Carpenters

Australia

A nice little find on Discogs - NM - do not think it has seen a turntable as the centre hole was tight and I had to widen it slightly - a few crackles  here and there even though I wet cleaned it - maybe dust? Guess time to think about a RCM with a Vac soon..............

IMG_5383.JPG

I'm on the same wave length as you Ms Snow. Been straddling that fence for awhile now.

The Ultrasonic cleaners are out of my budget range. The Project VC-E vac cleaner seems to get good reviews. At $829, it should do the job.

There  a hand wind one that is about half that price. Dr...something or other, that l researched awhile ago, so forgotten the name. But l have decided on a motorised one, so deleted all reference to it.

Seriously thinking of of the Project cleaner...if only they were a couple of hundred bucks cheaper (become a bit of a tight arse since l retired).

Maybe our vinyl spinning buddies can suggest altenatives ( without hijacking the site...wouldn't want to get into trouble, would we).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

I'm on the same wave length as you Ms Snow. Been straddling that fence for awhile now.

The Ultrasonic cleaners are out of my budget range. The Project VC-E vac cleaner seems to get good reviews. At $829, it should do the job.

There  a hand wind one that is about half that price. Dr...something or other, that l researched awhile ago, so forgotten the name. But l have decided on a motorised one, so deleted all reference to it.

Seriously thinking of of the Project cleaner...if only they were a couple of hundred bucks cheaper (become a bit of a tight arse since l retired).

Maybe our vinyl spinning buddies can suggest altenatives ( without hijacking the site...wouldn't want to get into trouble, would we).

Yes I am thinking the same thing - I saw the "Record Doctor" one too, but rather have something that I do not have to manually do too, so even though cheaper, dismissed it. 

• Like 2

To Top