Vinyl - Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Another of my treasures Carole King Tapestry, first British pressing, terrific sound

BFAF364E-E931-4B09-A2AF-E8E2DA6F04BC.jpeg

Looks like you might've been playing a lot of Dusty Springfield...hint, hint ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Animal Logic - There's A Spy [In the House of Love]. 45 rpm EP on Virgin Records. Animal Logic was a collaboration of Stewart Copeland, Deborah Holland and Stanley Clarke and this is quite a dynamic recording and a pretty good pressing too and I like the three songs as well, but I probably bought it more for the cover if I'm being honest!xD

Animal Logic - There's A Spy.JPG

• Like 2

On 29/06/2020 at 9:05 PM, Full Range said:

Tonight - a bit of jazz fusion from 1979 with an upbeat rhythm  - you could say it’s toe tapping 

This artist is an Icelandic keyboard player, arranger and producer, that was born in Denmark 

Artist - Jakob Magnusson

Title - Special Treatment

B07-C708-F-7-CA4-4504-83-F7-372-CD7-B012

That's a great but tragically unknown album you've got there........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, progladyte said:

That's a great but tragically unknown album you've got there........

It’s a great jazz fusion album and if memory serves me right - I think I purchased the album from you ?

A German friend said it has parallels to Weather Report and reflects the development ofinstrumental jazz in the late 1970s.

His current album is called " High North " and was released in May this year

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, progladyte said:

@JanjucWhen did this one emerge JJ? - I've never seen or heard about it.

Try and have a listen before you buy, I’ve had a few spins and just can’t get into it, the production sounds flat, no where near his best work IMHO, perhaps the Bernard Fanning influence, I really love his two previous albums.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awayward said:

Try and have a listen before you buy, I’ve had a few spins and just can’t get into it, the production sounds flat, no where near his best work IMHO, perhaps the Bernard Fanning influence, I really love his two previous albums.

Thanks for the tip! - I too have enjoyed his recent albums but don't like to splurge on 2nd rate fodder so might give this one a miss. I have way too many unplayed albums anyway so will spend some time doing them justice.

• Like 2

Hi All,

15 hours ago, progladyte said:

@JanjucWhen did this one emerge JJ? - I've never seen or heard about it.

About a year ago, blues but not that Southern American, more gentrified but quite good.

Currently listening to Brian Eno and David Byrne, Everything That Happens Will Happen Today

1093455766_ByrneEno.jpg.dd7290068603c10a7df427e295f778b5.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Amy Winehouse. Lioness: Hidden Treasures a posthumous compilation of standards and some unreleased material.

1827891284_AmyWinehouseLionessHiddenTreasures.jpg.8dd1603d916cba419d9fcde2e50a8683.jpg

JJ

That’s a really nice album

• Like 1