Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Hi All,

A change of tempo, Best Of The B-52's, Dance This Mess Around.

970510230_TheB52sBestOf.jpg.e43426d01071900baaa3ab78b81c5a2c.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    Party Out Of Bounds    3:24
A2    Devil In My Car    4:28
A3    Dirty Back Road    3:20
A4    6060-842    2:50
A5    Wig    4:22
A6    Dance This Mess Around    2:58
B1    Rock Lobster    6:50
B2    Strobe Light    4:00
B3    Give Me Back My Man    3:59
B4    Song For A Future Generation    4:00
B5    Planet Claire    3:35
B6    52 Girls    3:01
B7    Private Idaho    3:33

JJ

• Like 4
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

A change of tempo, Best Of The B-52's, Dance This Mess Around.

Tracklist:
A1    Party Out Of Bounds    3:24
A2    Devil In My Car    4:28
A3    Dirty Back Road    3:20
A4    6060-842    2:50
A5    Wig    4:22
A6    Dance This Mess Around    2:58
B1    Rock Lobster    6:50
B2    Strobe Light    4:00
B3    Give Me Back My Man    3:59
B4    Song For A Future Generation    4:00
B5    Planet Claire    3:35
B6    52 Girls    3:01
B7    Private Idaho    3:33

JJ

Now THAT is a great little party list...  ?

• Like 2

John Mellencamp - The Lonesome Jubilee. 33rpm on Polygram Records [Australian copy]. I've been a John Mellencamp fan for decades and thought I give some of his early albums a spin today. Still sounding very good indeed.:thumb:

John Melencamp - The Lonesome Jubilee.JPG

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

John Mellencamp - The Lonesome Jubilee. 33rpm on Polygram Records [Australian copy]. I've been a John Mellencamp fan for decades and thought I give some of his early albums a spin today. Still sounding very good indeed.:thumb:

my favourite artist for 20 years (across late teens and into my 30's).  This is his best work IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Unusual duo but both are great albums.

Robert Plant Principle of the moments

Icehouse Man of colours 

Huge fan of "Man of Colours". "The Heartbreak Kid" is my favourite standout track from that album.

11 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

my favourite artist for 20 years (across late teens and into my 30's).  This is his best work IMO.

What about this one, John? John Mellencamp - Scarecrow. 33rpm on Polygram Records [Australian copy] This album was out a few years before Lonesome Jubilee and I don't know, this album I would have had for well over 30 years, it's on I reckon 120 gram vinyl, it's dead flat and still sounds bloody fantastic.:thumb:

John Mellencamp - Scarecrow.JPG

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

What about this one, John? John Mellencamp - Scarecrow. 33rpm on Polygram Records [Australian copy] This album was out a few years before Lonesome Jubilee and I don't know, this album I would have had for well over 30 years, it's on I reckon 120 gram vinyl, it's dead flat and still sounds bloody fantastic.:thumb:

2nd favourite - he made his band rehearse something like 100 60's songs so that they were sounding right for what he had in mind.  Lonesome is less tight and more freedom/expression given to the musos.  Both were played heavily together for me.

Big daddy 3rd favourite, Human Wheels  4th favourite, Whenever we Wanted 5th favourite, John Mellencamp 6th favourite, Mr Happy go Lucky 7th favourite, Sad Clowns 8th favourite 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I have that LP - A 1985 US pressing 

Great release 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Keith, this re-issue is meant to be terrific as well.  I have it but haven't wanted to open it - as the album means a lot to me.  Its still relatively cheap, so I might grab a second and play.

https://www.discogs.com/John-Cougar-Mellencamp-Scarecrow/release/7781565

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I’ve got the same album Keith and always found it shrill sounding. Not sure if mine is an Aus pressing or not though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gat474 said:

I’ve got the same album Keith and always found it shrill sounding. Not sure if mine is an Aus pressing or not though.

Glen,  the recent re-issues are very good. if you like the album, might be worth getting 

https://www.discogs.com/John-Cougar-Mellencamp-The-Lonesome-Jubilee/release/8911159

pressed at RTI.

Also, the MOV from 2013 is very decent as well.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Keith, this re-issue is meant to be terrific as well.  I have it but haven't wanted to open it - as the album means a lot to me.  Its still relatively cheap, so I might grab a second and play.

https://www.discogs.com/John-Cougar-Mellencamp-Scarecrow/release/7781565

43 minutes ago, gat474 said:

I'd like to hear it John, but the original Australian pressing I have does sound pretty bloody good here and not shrill either, Glen...................could be just my old ears though!!xD

I like 'Life Death Love and Freedom' and 'No Better Than This' from his more recent releases and his 2016 John Cougar album is not bad either. I have a few more original pressings here to play and they are 'Uh-Huh [Polygram - Australian pressing],'American Fool' [WEA US pressing], 'Nothin' Matters and What If It Did' [WEA US pressing], and 'Big Daddy'' [Polygram US pressing] 

John Mellencamp - Uh-huh.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TDK said:

Huge fan of "Man of Colours". "The Heartbreak Kid" is my favourite standout track from that album.

That one and the song man of colours are my favourite tracks from it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

To Top