Vinyl - Currently Spinning

24 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Been really enjoying this Australian band lately and spinning all 3 of their albums.  I acquired this double album on the weekend but found out it had 2 of record 1 and no record 2 (opened it from factory wrap).  Anyway got it sorted today and glad I did as record 2 is a cracker.  I think it’s hard to find a good live album and I am often disappointed by their sq.  This one however sounds great and has really good atmosphere and crowd interaction (rivals my favourite, Train - Alive at Last)

The Tesky Brothers, Live at the Forum

300BF646-AE2D-484B-902B-F7EBD9D946B9.jpeg

same here been listening to them on spotify and like the live the best with crowd interactions going to grab a copy tomorrow 

14 hours ago, scuzzii said:

I'm guessing from SC website mate

https://www.speakerscornerrecords.com/products/details/33332/donny-hathaway-everything-is-everything?sort=release-date|desc&display=grid

some other options here

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/13680846?ev=rb

also, drop Quality Records a msg (Melb), they have a good range of SC and PP records.

Hmm, this looks even better. My eldest is in Germany now :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hlov said:

Thanks mate,

how much is the postage? Really good albums over there, keen to see how Santana Amigos sounds compared to my Jap pressing 

Shipping was 13 pounds sterling 37.80 pounds all up so after you covert to AUS dollar quite pricey but i'm not ordering a couple from them every week, just albums that i really like that i don't have a good copy of.Don't know if the shipping would be cheaper if ordering straight from the Speakers Corner website,they are based in germany so prices would be in euro's.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, souljay said:

Shipping was 13 pounds sterling 37.80 pounds all up so after you covert to AUS dollar quite pricey but i'm not ordering a couple from them every week, just albums that i really like that i don't have a good copy of.Don't know if the shipping would be cheaper if ordering straight from the Speakers Corner website,they are based in germany so prices would be in euro's.

Check to see if you can get any mail out of Germany first.

I can't.

1 hour ago, eman said:

Check to see if you can get any mail out of Germany first.

I can't.

There is a record l am interested in that l can only purchase in Germany.  The album costs $55. However shipping to Aus is an additional $89. Sorta kills the deal. Would love to have the album, but not at that price. I have had CDs shipped from Germany for only 5 Euro in the past. So $89 seems rather excessive. Maybe a Covid thing?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

There is a record l am interested in that l can only purchase in Germany.  The album costs $55. However shipping to Aus is an additional $89. Sorta kills the deal. Would love to have the album, but not at that price. I have had CDs shipped from Germany for only 5 Euro in the past. So $89 seems rather excessive. Maybe a Covid thing?

At the moment there is no international shipping from Germany at all.

As a side note I brought a record from Italy nearly 8 weeks ago and it has not shown up, the seller did a search at the Italian Post Office seems it is still sitting at the outgoing freight in Italy and they hope it will travel next week as they think some flights will resume.............thank goodness I paid for tracking on it. 

So right now I have decided not to buy any international items unless from Amazon US.

*sigh* depressing I know ?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, April Snow said:

At the moment there is no international shipping from Germany at all.

As a side note I brought a record from Italy nearly 8 weeks ago and it has not shown up, the seller did a search at the Italian Post Office seems it is still sitting at the outgoing freight in Italy and they hope it will travel next week as they think some flights will resume.............thank goodness I paid for tracking on it. 

So right now I have decided not to buy any international items unless from Amazon US.

*sigh* depressing I know ?

I feel your pain. I ordered a cd from the UK mid April, and it was only shipped yesterday. Here's me blaming Aus Post.

The good old US of A is the worst. I'm still waiting for 2 CDs l ordered in early April. Going to be the norm for awhile l guess.

On a funny note, l was able to get your name into both paragraphs...April.?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, needlerunner said:

I feel your pain. I ordered a cd from the UK mid April, and it was only shipped yesterday. Here's me blaming Aus Post.

The good old US of A is the worst. I'm still waiting for 2 CDs l ordered in early April. Going to be the norm for awhile l guess.

On a funny note, l was able to get your name into both paragraphs...April.?

Hahhahaa About "April" - and yes it sucks - I was blaming Australia Post too and even launched an enquiry through a rep via Product Review................sure explains why my tracking kept showing nothing after 29th April........

• Like 2