Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Nothing sounds sweeter than that record that takes you months to track down. Jacket is a little worn but the records are pristine.

Angelli & Nelson - Hudson St (2x LP).

record_2.JPG

Hi All

Magma, Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh. How to describe this album, from a French group, sounding very Germanic, choral, prog, avantgarde, psychedelic all of the aforementioned and more, commonly known as "Zeuhl style", or what you would expect aliens to listen to if they arrived on earth. I haven't played it for about a decade but will probably get a few spins this week.

Magma.jpg.ff839830996e5c7e1fa17abded0fa19b.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, tsui.afan said:

Good evening - Paul Mauriat: Love is Blue!

PM.jpg

Looks interesting. Any good or just 70s cheese?

Edited by Guest

Acquired this record secondhand simply on the basis that it was from the Three Blind Mice label (and positively despite the album artwork).  I have some of TBM’s other albums which are terrific. The music on this one is a little too big band for me but the recording quality is truly excellent and a real joy to listen to.  You can tell they take it seriously when the insert booklet (written in Japanese) includes the following diagram.

Bingo Miki & Inner Galaxy Orchestra, Back to the Sea

5BE679FE-9BC1-4AB4-BD25-41F1C9454563.jpeg

ED8D45A9-B2B1-4951-A1BF-B632554598DB.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Eluvium, Copia

905714809_EluviumCopia.jpg.8c59eecae022a3ced5e466d52b652896.jpg

Incorporating strings, horns, woodwinds, and more piano, Copia is the grandest, most sweeping Eluvium record to date.

The word that keeps coming to mind is "regal," perhaps because the lush opening fanfare "Amreik" sets the tone for the album so perfectly.

JJ

• Like 3