Vinyl - Currently Spinning

On 21/05/2020 at 2:42 PM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Peter Gabriel, US. 33 1/3 rpm Half Speed Remastered

1068998147_PeterGabrielUS.jpg.4866d6f3b92389d72ee0051885aa9e46.jpg

JJ

one of my favourite albums, IMO his best (because its quite personal for him - splitting with Arquette).

I have this and the 45rpm half speed master. 45 is a step up again. In case you were interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hlov said:

Nice way to finish the day with Tracy Chapman 

EA53FD30-FD39-4F96-884E-9CE29956C2EF.jpeg

for a standard pressing, it's very hard to beat this and her 2nd release, Crossroads.

BUT...……………………...

when did the stands arrive????   They look great!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

for a standard pressing, it's very hard to beat this and her 2nd release, Crossroads.

BUT...……………………...

Thanks mate, got them last night, very happy with them. I have both Tracy’s albums and yes the SQ is great

• Like 2

The 2019 Blue Note pressing of Herbie Hancock - Takin Off. A beautiful, flat pressing that is clear and detailed. Sensational. And best of all, cheap and readily available!

8JDXr29.jpg

Edited by mikizee
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, mikizee said:

The 2019 Blue Note pressing of Herbie Hancock - Takin Off. A beautiful, flat pressing that is clear and detailed. Sensational. And best of all, cheap and readily available!

8JDXr29.jpg

I have the same pressing, didn’t know it was special :) but I agree it sounds amazing 

• Like 2

Hi All,

47 minutes ago, hlov said:

Tracy Chapman - Crossroads

D7CA35FC-54ED-40C3-802B-B229B233C97F.jpeg

Where are the cardboard boxes to put the speakers on, obviously you are on the road to becoming penniless, next you'll want to update your rack ????

Currently listening to Iron & Wine, Around The Well

1085019264_IronWine.jpg.ea777bdbb19336ef6e18f4343b10763d.jpg

JJ

• Like 2

Willie Nelson - American Classic. 33rpm on EMI. A nice collection of classic songs and given the treatment only Willie can give them. Diana Krall and Norah Jones help out on a couple of tracks too.

Willie Nelson - American Classic.JPG

Willie Nelson - American Classic [back cover].JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, scuzzii said:

BUT...……………………...

Nice stands mate. Well done. I bet they make a sonic difference?

• Like 1

Time for some Mike Oldfield.  Odd one this is as it was his last FU to Virgin records before jumping over to WEA thus finally laying to rest the multi album deal he'd signed to way back in the 70's. Virgin allowed him to release the previous fully instrumental album on the proviso his next (this) release would be more "radio friendly" bit like much of his 80's output where one side would be an instrumental track and side b  the vocal "singles". Listen closely to the lyrics and you can clearly hear they were aimed squarely at Mr. Branson and was clearly full of p*ss & vinegar whilst making the album.

Fun fact. This was a milestone record for two other reasons one being its the only release where its Michael instead of Mike Oldfield and two its the only album where he's the lead vocalist on all tracks.

Didn't know what to think upon its 91' release, bit cheesy perhaps but one which has really grown on me throughout the years.

Michael Oldfield - Heavens Open

WIN_20200523_15_18_43_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, April Snow said:

It is freezing on the Goldie today - I am dying - 16 degrees .....

so trying to will Summer Back ?

Beach Boys

Sounds of Summer

US

IMG_4863.JPG

Ha you should try living in frigid Melbourne then. Cannot feel my fingertips & toes most days lately ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Ha you should try living in frigid Melbourne then. Cannot feel my fingertips & toes most days lately ?

Yes it reminds me why I l left Tasmania too !!!!!! 

Hate the cold !!

Stay warm with some nice Muscat Wine I say :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Where are the cardboard boxes to put the speakers on, obviously you are on the road to becoming penniless, next you'll want to update your rack ????

Currently listening to Iron & Wine, Around The Well

JJ

The rack was built by a good friend on mine, I will never replace it :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Nice stands mate. Well done. I bet they make a sonic difference?

Thanks, the brother ones I have before were produced a warm a mellow sound while the new ones (Soundstyle Z1 ) the bass is richer and the soundstage is better. I should work for Stereophile :) 

• Like 4

To Top